R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2006, 09:02 PM   #376
Tech Master
 
richey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,280
Send a message via MSN to richey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerdude42
I didn't know that which further illustrates my point. How did ROAR notify it's membership that you didn't need your number to vote? For that matter how did they notify them of the election taking place at all? If very few people know about an election, very few will vote.
If you want your ROAR # then e-mail Fred, I have never not had him respond.
__________________
Silver Bowl Raceway Operator
www.TeamTaylorRacing.net
Byron's Fuel, Airtronics
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #377
Tech Addict
 
westerdude42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bellevue Wa.
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
ROAR web Site? That information was on there for almost a month.
Why not a simple E-mail to it's membership. Instead it's quietly posted on the websight during a slow racing time of year. I'm not insinuating conspiracy, just ineptitude.
__________________
Hedgehogs rule!!!
westerdude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #378
Tech Champion
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerdude42
I didn't know that which further illustrates my point. How did ROAR notify it's membership that you didn't need your number to vote? For that matter how did they notify them of the election taking place at all? If very few people know about an election, very few will vote.
Chris, you went to the on road nats, how did you find out about that?
Dont you reed Rev-Up ? Didn't you get it e-mail.
you want ROAR to hold your hand?

Didn't you tell how wonderfull the nats were?
Fred
__________________
Bacon is Meat Candy
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:09 PM   #379
Tech Addict
 
westerdude42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bellevue Wa.
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
If you want your ROAR # then e-mail Fred, I have never not had him respond.
I will. Thank You. You know you seem to answer questions quickly and efficiantly. Ever thought of running for ROAR president? Seriously.
__________________
Hedgehogs rule!!!
westerdude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #380
Tech Champion
 
dgullickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm a Dork Fish
Posts: 7,662
Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson
Default

Sent mine in with the ROAR #
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:15 PM   #381
Tech Regular
 
RoachRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: American Fork, Utah
Posts: 327
Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerdude42
I didn't know that which further illustrates my point. How did ROAR notify it's membership that you didn't need your number to vote? For that matter how did they notify them of the election taking place at all? If very few people know about an election, very few will vote.
You posted in this thread multiple times and it was posted in this thread that the ballot was on the website. If you missed that I dont know what to tell you.

Also if you would have even tried to vote you might have noticed something.
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...tionBallot.pdf

From the ballot:
"If you do not have this number, send in ballot with line blank. Each vote is verified for membership status."
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #382
Tech Master
 
richey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,280
Send a message via MSN to richey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerdude42
I will. Thank You. You know you seem to answer questions quickly and efficiantly. Ever thought of running for ROAR president? Seriously.
Thanks for the vote of confidence but i like it right where i am at. Please go to the ROAR web site and sign up for the REV-UP on line it will send you an e-mail when it is ready for you to read.
__________________
Silver Bowl Raceway Operator
www.TeamTaylorRacing.net
Byron's Fuel, Airtronics
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #383
Tech Addict
 
westerdude42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bellevue Wa.
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Chris, you went to the on road nats, how did you find out about that?
Dont you reed Rev-Up ? Didn't you get it e-mail.
you want ROAR to hold your hand?

Didn't you tell how wonderfull the nats were?
Fred
I loved on road Nats. As far as Rev-Up is concerned I've never received it in any form. I listed my E-mail when I signed up for ROAR, but I've never received anything from ROAR. I found out about On Road Nats via word of mouth. I don't hate ROAR but I don't think they opperate very efficiently nor are they very user friendly. Please tell me what you think ROAR brings to racing. If there are things I don't know about I want to learn so I can be better informed in the future.
__________________
Hedgehogs rule!!!
westerdude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #384
Tech Master
 
richey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,280
Send a message via MSN to richey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerdude42
I loved on road Nats. As far as Rev-Up is concerned I've never received it in any form. I listed my E-mail when I signed up for ROAR, but I've never received anything from ROAR. I found out about On Road Nats via word of mouth. I don't hate ROAR but I don't think they opperate very efficiently nor are they very user friendly. Please tell me what you think ROAR brings to racing. If there are things I don't know about I want to learn so I can be better informed in the future.
Roar dosen't ask for you e-mail when you sign up so you will need to go the web site and get on the e-mail notification list. This will help get you more information. I have to tell you i don't think things are perfect either that is why i ran for Reg 12 director. I will be working to improve communication at all levels,because it is really lacking. Hope this helps
__________________
Silver Bowl Raceway Operator
www.TeamTaylorRacing.net
Byron's Fuel, Airtronics
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #385
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
If you want your ROAR # then e-mail Fred, I have never not had him respond.
Or keep your flippin' card--the one they send you every year when you renew. Eddie told you not to put it in the spokes on your bicycle, but did you listen to him? NOOOOO! 'round here you don't get to vote in "real" elections w/o your card AND a photo ID, so this isn't just a matter of ROAR being fussy.

If you took the time to follow a thread about an impending election, even if you missed every clue offered re: how/where to vote, and took NO action to inform yourself...

Yup, you got the president you deserve.

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #386
Tech Addict
 
westerdude42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bellevue Wa.
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachRacing
You posted in this thread multiple times and it was posted in this thread that the ballot was on the website. If you missed that I dont know what to tell you.

Also if you would have even tried to vote you might have noticed something.
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...tionBallot.pdf

From the ballot:
"If you do not have this number, send in ballot with line blank. Each vote is verified for membership status."
I did know about the election, and never stated that I didn't. What I said was that there were members that didn't. I have talked to at least two. As far as me missing that line on the ballot, my bad no excuses.
__________________
Hedgehogs rule!!!
westerdude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #387
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik
No...were you to READ what was said/implied it said that anyone with the balls to call Fred (or anyone else without any shred of evidence to support, in the face of a GREAT deal of contrary evidence) a liar or cheat deserves to have their nose shortened. It said nothing at all about questioning leadership or direction of this or any other organization.

It's about being a decent human being, giving people the benefit of the doubt (like I did voting for Eddie), etc.

btw, I cast my ballot, though it was done with my ROAR number already filled in.

Scottrik
good, then you got my said/implied response that, yes, i would.

anyway, the results are in... and there isnt going to be any changing them. say hello to 2 more years of shitty ROAR events. hooray!
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #388
Tech Addict
 
westerdude42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bellevue Wa.
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik
Or keep your flippin' card--the one they send you every year when you renew. Eddie told you not to put it in the spokes on your bicycle, but did you listen to him? NOOOOO! 'round here you don't get to vote in "real" elections w/o your card AND a photo ID, so this isn't just a matter of ROAR being fussy.

If you took the time to follow a thread about an impending election, even if you missed every clue offered re: how/where to vote, and took NO action to inform yourself...

Yup, you got the president you deserve.

Scottrik
Never received a card. They weren't provided at on road Nats wher I signed up.
__________________
Hedgehogs rule!!!
westerdude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #389
Tech Champion
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
good, then you got my said/implied response that, yes, i would.

anyway, the results are in... and there isnt going to be any changing them. say hello to 2 more years of shitty ROAR events. hooray!
Pete, I guess we will just have to move to another region.
__________________
Bacon is Meat Candy
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:44 PM   #390
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
good, then you got my said/implied response that, yes, i would.

anyway, the results are in... and there isnt going to be any changing them. say hello to 2 more years of shitty ROAR events. hooray!
What events are you talking about that are shitty? Have you ever been to a ROAR race?
gotyournumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EddieO for ROAR President EddieO Nitro On-Road 14 10-07-2008 04:07 PM
EddieO for ROAR President EddieO Oval, Larger Scales and More 1 10-04-2008 04:39 PM
ROAR Has a new President BullFrog Electric On-Road 220 12-16-2005 06:49 PM
ROAR President Announcement Dawn Sanchez Chat Lounge 2 12-09-2005 05:10 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net