R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

I cant believe how low the voter turnout was. eddieo 59 votes?

i sent an email to get my roar membership number so i could vote but i never got a reply to the email,,, or i just sent the email to the wrong person. Congrats to winner and eddieo you made some good points and i liked your outlook, sorry i couldnt help you out with a vote.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #362
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

A few points...

Firstly, sorry to see you lose Eddie...as one of your 59 votes.

"will" and "did" are, to Rick's earlier point, VERY different. Every one of you who didn't get off his (or her) ass, print a ballot, fill it out and invest 39 cents in mailing it in (yup, 1/10 the cost of a pair of brushes) deserves the president they got.

Insinuating fraudulent activities, PARTICULARLY as regards Mr. Hohwart, is 100% baseless, a waste of time, and makes the utterers look like poor "losers". I'd pay to see their well-deserved ass-whoopin' too. That said, I wouldn't be opposed at all to seeing future elections ballots being tallied by an outside source IF ONLY to remove this poor line of argument from potential circulation. Heck, with a whopping 258 ballots it couldn't cost much, the accounting firm could probably knock it out over lunch.

The point regarding poor voter turnout being FAR more telling than who won...is the winner. Again, shame on every member who didn't vote.

Finally--Eddie--perhaps your campaign and the points you raised weren't entirely in vain. Reading the minutes of the November ExCom meeting I see that several of the issues you were running on are now being addressed. Some look like they have been adopted and some are slated for future action. Congrats and thank you for getting them (particularly emphasizing Regionals and regional racing) into the mix. Keep stirring it up, but do so in a positive manner. We're voting for Vice-Prez next year...

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #363
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The next election will probably be on line. We are working on this and online renewals right now.

I have no objection to having a 3rd party count votes other than by saying that we are calling an honest person honesty into question.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #364
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
I have no objection to having a 3rd party count votes other than by saying that we are calling an honest person honesty into question.
I'm sorry if that's the impression I gave Adrian--I have NO qualms about Fred counting my votes, holding my money, anything else. My suggestion (or agreement to proposal?) was only to head off criticism (and unfair casting of aspersion, etc) at the pass. If it CAN'T be a question...

There is nothing that makes me, personally, even BEGIN to believe there should be any question.

Scottrik
perhaps not as clear as he's trying to be
Old 11-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #365
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

With the election going to online next time, who is going to be blamed if the election doesnt come out the way you wanted?
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Old 11-16-2006, 08:00 PM   #367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Rick Hohwart's dad, Fred Hohwart counts the votes. If you ever have the bolas to say something like this to him in person be sure I am there. It would be cool to see a 60 year old man knock you on your a$$.

Saying Fred Hohwart did something dishonest is about the same as saying Mother Theresa sole candy from kids.
so people who question or act against the activities of those in places of political power deserve to be beaten up..? is this what you are implying. i dont know fred aside from him being ricks father. i also dont personally know president bush, but i still question his administration and alot of things that go on in the white house... guess i should be beaten up for that too?

heres a question for everyone... how many people sent in their ballot (regarless of who you voted for) and left the ROAR member number section blank (it indicated on the ballot that they would fill it in for you)??

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:15 PM   #368
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachRacing
With the election going to online next time, who is going to be blamed if the election doesnt come out the way you wanted?
You
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #369
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
You
You nailed that rich. As much information will be stored for each vote to keep everything on the up and up.
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #370
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
so people who question or act against the activities of those in places of political power deserve to be beaten up..? is this what you are implying.
No...were you to READ what was said/implied it said that anyone with the balls to call Fred (or anyone else without any shred of evidence to support, in the face of a GREAT deal of contrary evidence) a liar or cheat deserves to have their nose shortened. It said nothing at all about questioning leadership or direction of this or any other organization.

It's about being a decent human being, giving people the benefit of the doubt (like I did voting for Eddie), etc.

btw, I cast my ballot, though it was done with my ROAR number already filled in.

Scottrik
Old 11-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #371
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachRacing
You nailed that rich. As much information will be stored for each vote to keep everything on the up and up.
Everyone is always looking for the smoking gun so to speak
Old 11-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #372
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
I cant believe how low the voter turnout was. eddieo 59 votes?

i sent an email to get my roar membership number so i could vote but i never got a reply to the email,,, or i just sent the email to the wrong person. Congrats to winner and eddieo you made some good points and i liked your outlook, sorry i couldnt help you out with a vote.
Me too. I never recieved my number either. I believe the low voter total was a direct result of a poorly organized election. I don't believe the incumbant did this on purpose, but I believe it shows the direction he's taken ROAR in. You should have at least been able to vote in person at ROAR affiliated facilities and they should have had member numbers on sight for verification. Instead they had a mail in only election where they didn't notify anyone of it happening other than via word of mouth. How do we expect ROAR to govern our hobby when they can't even do an effective job electing people to make decisions in the first place. The real loser here is the average racer who couldn't vote for whatever reason or didn't even know there was an election. They will have to spend another term suffering through poorly organized and inconsistantley officiated racing. I just read an old magazine where Todd Hodge compared a ROAR carpet National to club race. I'll go one step further and say that if my local track conducted business like ROAR they'd be out of business in about a month. Maybe it's time for the drivers, manufacturers, and facilities to get together and start a new organization that can actually effectively govern this hobby. It may be that ROAR is so steeped in ineptitude that nothing can be done to save it. What do others think? If ROAR can buy insurance why can't another governing body? As far as I can see that's the only thing ROAR currently does to help this hobby. If you think otherwise please educate me because I don't.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #373
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerdude42
Me too. I never recieved my number either. I believe the low voter total was a direct result of a poorly organized election. I don't believe the incumbant did this on purpose, but I believe it shows the direction he's taken ROAR in. You should have at least been able to vote in person at ROAR affiliated facilities and they should have had member numbers on sight for verification. Instead they had a mail in only election where they didn't notify anyone of it happening other than via word of mouth. How do we expect ROAR to govern our hobby when they can't even do an effective job electing people to make decisions in the first place. The real loser here is the average racer who couldn't vote for whatever reason or didn't even know there was an election. They will have to spend another term suffering through poorly organized and inconsistantley officiated racing. I just read an old magazine where Todd Hodge compared a ROAR carpet National to club race. I'll go one step further and say that if my local track conducted business like ROAR they'd be out of business in about a month. Maybe it's time for the drivers, manufacturers, and facilities to get together and start a new organization that can actually effectively govern this hobby. It may be that ROAR is so steeped in ineptitude that nothing can be done to save it. What do others think? If ROAR can buy insurance why can't another governing body? As far as I can see that's the only thing ROAR currently does to help this hobby. If you think otherwise please educate me because I don't.
You didn't have to have your Roar # to vote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #374
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
You didn't have to have your Roar # to vote
I didn't know that which further illustrates my point. How did ROAR notify it's membership that you didn't need your number to vote? For that matter how did they notify them of the election taking place at all? If very few people know about an election, very few will vote.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:59 PM   #375
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerdude42
I didn't know that which further illustrates my point. How did ROAR notify it's membership that you didn't need your number to vote? For that matter how did they notify them of the election taking place at all? If very few people know about an election, very few will vote.
ROAR web Site? That information was on there for almost a month.