R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2006, 04:01 PM   #271
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kind of ironic ...but I was just reading this article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15495778/
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #272
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Debbie are you really this desperate? Seriously, you have nothing real to say so you are going to post a story you got second or third hand in a weak attempt to slander Eddie. Wow, you really are a conniving SOB, not like I needed it to be reinforced.

What I found funny about all this is you have just brought yourself to a national spotlight, and not in a good way. It's clearly evident to everyone that reads this that you have a personal grudge against Eddie and will say anything to keep him from being the ROAR president. You bring up his personal life, kids, family, friends, team mates, anything you can think of. Why, not because you think he will not do a good job but simply you don't want him too. This whole mess has nothing to do with ROAR. If EddieO was running for PTA president you would be down at the school meetings bitching up a storm trying to stop him. The bottom line is you hold grudges against anyone that stands up and tells you that you are full of shit. I'm of course a member of that righteous movement, and with no remorse.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:18 PM   #273
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I will get to the point. I've gotten e mails and pmís from people who support my points, others don't. Thatís ok.
But here is some info that was sent to me about why quite a few people in the business don't feel he will be good for ROAR or RC Racing.

"In 2004, Eddie used his influence (i.e. abundance of Cash) to hire strippers to come to his room at the Holiday Inn at Cleveland during the US Indoor Champs. At least one MINOR was in the room at the time.

More recently, at the 2006 Snowbirds, he made a scene at the hotel.
Several of his team guys toilet papered his room, including his bathroom.

Eddie was pissed off and got into a shouting match with one of the clerks because there wasn't a maintenance person on site at 1am to clean up the mess and unplug the toilet that HIS TEAM had done.
Now, the person behind the counter went out of his way and offered to get Eddie into a NEW ROOM!!!! Instead he pissed and moaned and degraded the person behind the counter and stormed off. His solution instead was to go to the hotel convenience store and purchase...a PELLET GUN! He proceeded to shoot people in the ass that were responsible.
Now, this might seem funny, but the pellet gun looked like a real gun!
If I am some spectator and I see this, I am wondering WTF?!?!?!

Eddie is a Thug. Pure and simple. Unfortunately, I fear that he represents the new crowd of on-road drivers over the last 5 years or so and is BAD FOR THE HOBBY. "

It's taken me a while to verify this info. And why won't these people come forward??? hmmmm

Take this information as you want. But it is true.
And this is about Eddie, not me.

good post so true!!!!!!!!!!!
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:23 PM   #274
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
please eleborate what garrett has to cover his ass about... remember we were sitting around as recently as a week ago at rain city after the slugfest and telling stories from races... so the motives seem a little skued to be quoting these anonymus sources, when any of the people involved clearly have no problem with telling everyone about all that happened...

like i said accuracy, until these anonymous sources come forward with their information... you dont have anything but a personal attack.

please produce evidence of Dawn and Eddie being "at eachothers throats?" they often disagree on things, but havent really had contact about anything too important since the offroad nationals were held at peel-it.
Sorry Pete, I guess I put the smily on the wrong line, I was joking with Garret just like we always do.
And as far as Eddie and Dawn, goes way back to the regional at Eddies.
I and my son voted for Eddie for RD, he won by 2 votes, total of 11 votes if I remember.
I dont have a personal prob with Eddie, hell I sponsored him and you. I gave you guys my Mini Cooper for the 12hr race at SIR. It died an honorable death, and Eddie more than made up for it.
My beef is that any disagreemnt with his running for election is turned into a personal attac, An open discussion of pros and cons should be brought out to all interested and dont know him personally.
Fred
Old 10-31-2006, 04:23 PM   #275
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
please eleborate what garrett has to cover his ass about... remember we were sitting around as recently as a week ago at rain city after the slugfest and telling stories from races... so the motives seem a little skued to be quoting these anonymus sources, when any of the people involved clearly have no problem with telling everyone about all that happened...

like i said accuracy, until these anonymous sources come forward with their information... you dont have anything but a personal attack.

please produce evidence of Dawn and Eddie being "at eachothers throats?" they often disagree on things, but havent really had contact about anything too important since the offroad nationals were held at peel-it.
Sorry Pete, I guess I put the smily on the wrong line, I was joking with Garret just like we always do.
And as far as Eddie and Dawn, goes way back to the regional at Eddies.
I and my son voted for Eddie for RD, he won by 2 votes, total of 11 votes if I remember.
I dont have a personal prob with Eddie, hell I sponsored him and you. I gave you guys my Mini Cooper for the 12hr race at SIR. It died an honorable death, and Eddie more than made up for it.
My beef is that any disagreemnt with his running for election is turned into a personal attac, An open discussion of pros and cons should be brought out to all interested and that dont know him personally.
Fred

Last edited by C_O_jones; 10-31-2006 at 04:24 PM. Reason: OOPS double post.
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

thanks for clarification fred.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #277
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepull
good post so true!!!!!!!!!!!
how do you figure?

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:14 PM   #278
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Please, leave me out of this discussion. To include my name in any of this is ridiculous. I have not commented even once and will not do so again.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #279
Tech Adept

Default debbie

first off I would like to say congrats for doing the amount of research you did in order to make the longest post about a person you obviously dont get along with. The only problem with it is you actually need to get the correct information in order to post such slander about someone. oh, you swearing probably makes your point that greater of a value to whom ever reads your opinion of Eddieo! Last but not to be looked over is your comment on how you state in your post what in your opinion who will be reading this is the last 5 bad years of racers which is not good for the hobby... You know absolutely nothing about the hobby then! have never been to your track and now have no desire to go...

Last edited by Mike Dumas; 10-31-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Mike Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:23 PM   #280
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Debbie are you really this desperate? Seriously, you have nothing real to say so you are going to post a story you got second or third hand in a weak attempt to slander Eddie. Wow, you really are a conniving SOB, not like I needed it to be reinforced.

What I found funny about all this is you have just brought yourself to a national spotlight, and not in a good way. It's clearly evident to everyone that reads this that you have a personal grudge against Eddie and will say anything to keep him from being the ROAR president. You bring up his personal life, kids, family, friends, team mates, anything you can think of. Why, not because you think he will not do a good job but simply you don't want him too. This whole mess has nothing to do with ROAR. If EddieO was running for PTA president you would be down at the school meetings bitching up a storm trying to stop him. The bottom line is you hold grudges against anyone that stands up and tells you that you are full of shit. I'm of course a member of that righteous movement, and with no remorse.
Come on Anthony, tell how you really feel.
Insulting MrShookie for his religious beliefs and now this! There must be a few more people that you havent got to yet.
Fred
Old 10-31-2006, 05:29 PM   #281
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Phred, have you gone manopausal or what ??

Victor.
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #282
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

hurry up here....gotta go to the post office!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:58 PM   #283
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My oh my.....

Well, first let's clear up some issues....

In 2004, at Cleveland......Toso bet me I could not get strippers in his room.......can't lose a bet, so I found some.....the strippers were in Toso's room, not mine. We invited maybe 10 people to come......in the end, it was a rip off and lame show.....other people showed up, some I didn't even know, but I left before it even was over and went Jake Pritchards room......so if some minor supposedly came in the room, I would love to know who it was, as the youngest two people in the room were Bobby Flack and Peter, both over 18......aka legal age.

Now, at Snowbirds.....I love how people think they know the whole story, when its impossible, since I was the only one who talked to the guy on the phone.....

To repeat what happened.....

I got back to my room to find it full of practical jokes, none of which were destructive to the room. Toothpaste on the mirror.....dream catcher on the wall....messed up personal hygene items, and the grand daddy, and upper decker in the toilet.

I called the front desk (they finally answered on the 8th call), told them what happened.....the guy starts telling me I am responsible for all the damages and I was like, listen, there is no damages, I just need someone to come clean the toilet, cause I REALLY needed to go! The guy tells me there is no staff on this late and I was like, your kidding me......CLICK! The guy hung up. I called back and said why did you hang up, the guy was like "you insulted me by asking that" I am like asking what? And he goes you asked if I was kidding?......at which I was like, are you sh*&*ing me? You hung because I asked that.....CLICK. So I called back again......why did you hang up? You cussed at me.....I am like oh god.....listen, I just need someone to clean the toilet....do you have a plunger, I will make them clean it.....no, no plunger....click....wtf? So I stormed down to the front deck.....the guy immediately starts in on me.......so I fired right back. I get comments like "you don't know who your messing with"......my demeaning comment? Yeah, a hotel clerk.....Yes, the guy offered to give me a new room......half way across the hotel and I would have to pack up 15 boxes of stuff.......I told him, I just wanted the toilet cleaned......or a plunger to do it myself. I left......Garret went back and got a plunger from a different person....and cleaned the toilet.

And before it gets brought up, I did kick an empty trash can over outside the door......I was mad and had to go poop.....sue me.

Now, there was about 5 or 6 people up in the lobby, a few of which I know.....and NONE of them were at the room in cleveland over a year earlier....

A few hours later I got a call from one of the hotel managers.......I recieved a full apology from them regarding the guys actions on the phone and at the front desk......please keep in mind, I didn't complain or anything......they called me......I got a discounted room near the front, while still keeping the other room. The lady told me that the guy has an attitude issue and such......and they had had problems before with him. I left $100 tip for the girl cleaning the room.....

Oh the pellet guns.......please get the story straight! Drew Ellis and I got them the next morning......mine broke when I cocked it and never worked.....drews worked a little and then broke also. They had orange nozzles and didn't even look like a real gun.....they were $10 each......the only reason I bought them was because I was buying a new tooth brush and speedstick and I saw them....drew and I thought it would be funny to shoot Alex in the butt......

Now honestly, I fail to see how me goofing off with all my friends on something I bought at the hotel gift shop is a big deal?

The real fun that morning was putting the frequency clips on everyones clothes, which I started......was hilarious and provided for some good laughs.....to a LONG week of racing.

Funny too, not once has Mike Boylan, who knew about it all ever said a word to me about it........

Whats funny, is these stories have been told countless times, including at your track.......nothing to hide......nothing was done wrong, yet now suddenly in your eyes they are......

Thanks for even more votes debbie.....got countless PMs and emails from people in the last few hours over your posts......

Later EddieO
Old 10-31-2006, 06:00 PM   #284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Silver (Debbie),

Here is a list of respected ROAR racers, ROAR companies, and people here on this forum that have publicly came out and supported EddieO for president.

futureal/RC Tech
Rich Hohwart/Peak Racing
Paul Wynn/Schumacher USA
Eric Anderson/EA Motorsports
Ralph Burch/RC America/Xray
Jason/BMI Racing
Andrew Gray
Stephen Sobottka
Josh Cyrul
Butter
Bobby Flack
Mike Dumas
Peter Robinson
dgullickson/Axiom Racing
Bill D/Full Throttle Motorsports
Advil
Bob Barry
Anthony.L
Kyle Wilson
Fred Hubbard
Jon Kerr
David Galdo
teamgp
Brett Bowen
RC Thunder
mike ivy
litespeed-dom

Here is the list of people who opposed him.

Silver

The *alleged* PM's and e-mails you received supporting you position. Guess what they are nothing more then a figment of your imagination until they come forward on their own and voice their opinion here. Personally I think they are fabricated by yourself and a couple other racers at your track that also hold grudges against EddieO.

It's sad really, you are a very old women, acting like a 4 year old not getting your way.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:04 PM   #285
Tech Adept

i'd vote for anyone who is willing to listen, is contactable and has a presence in the hobby/sport.... i'd vote for eddieO if i could, at least he is here to give information and listens to peoples concerns.

over here in aus, we have a website that hasnt been updated for years, no one answers emails, no contact information, we dont even know who is in what position. it seems as if they dont even want to be known who they are, cause they couldnt be stuff listened to the average racer.
BlueR1 is offline   Reply With Quote