R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #211
Tech Elite

RE: post number 138 or was it 128, whatever,

it was my post that suggested the 7 heats all for points format for the regional. signed ups were low. very low, like 10 people low. i suggested a one day event, 7 heats, total points win. don't blame that on eddie or SIR. SIR said that is a "possiblity" if we don't get higher number.

unfortunately that can't happen, and the track owner will be forced to take a big hit in the wallet to host a two day event for 12 people, or not have the race at all. yea thats much better then "bending" the rules.

and once again those that complained, won't be there to race it anyway.....
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #212
Tech Elite

and someone cut and paste all this to word pad or something in case somethings deleted before my next break. man i gotta pee.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #213
Tech Legend

Please take your petty agenda about the regional to the N/w forum !!!

Would like to see get this post stay on topic .....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #214
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Please take your petty agenda about the regional to the N/w forum !!!

Would like to see get this post stay on topic .....
SHUT UP GEORGE!!! You're right though ...

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #215
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

this thread is getting ridiculous!!!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:52 PM   #216
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRacer
Eddie=If you are elected what do you think of the idea of having a online signup using paypal?
Maybe charge $31.00 or so to cover the charges.
Having the Printout,send it to get a # leaves me in the dark to vote till I get my stuff back correct?

Les
Eddie, what do you think it would take to get this done?
rchoudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #217
Tech Master

I could write a book about all the things that Eddie has done for me and how much he loves the sport...time for a proactive change if you ask me....

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #218
Tech Adept

It is sad to see the maturity level come out of some people.

I believe the meaning of this post originally was to state pros and cons for Eddie running for president. His relationship with his wife, and how he spends his money do not come close to having relevance here. That was an uncalled for personal attack. Eddie is a grown man and I am certain He can decide if he has the time to commit to this task. Why SIR was brought into this is beyond understanding. Eddie is not Doug. If there is a problem with how Doug did something, why not send him a PM? My four year old knows better then to publicly insult people. (I could go on until I am blue in the face defending Doug because I know he is an exceptional person and good friend, but you all get the point.)

All that aside and back to topic:

Why would Eddie make a good President? He is active in the business. He has proven himself with ROAR. He is a successful business owner. He is willing to do the job.

Please feel free to add more reasons to vote for him or voice a valid opinion on why not.

And yes, I know I will get yelled at for saying all this. Please voice your complaints to me and not my husband.
RCwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwife
His relationship with his wife, and how he spends his money do not come close to having relevance here.
i know! he probably has to take a dump and urinate several times during the day too, thats going to take up to much of his time! LOL

E Diddy for President.

VOTE OR DIE!

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

I think E Diddy has more than enough time to dedicate to ROAR. I mean he took time out from the Snowbirds and spent it with his long time companion Laura a.k.a "skeletor"
Old 10-27-2006, 05:06 PM   #221
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Creating and online signup system would be easy as cake........I bet any web dork could have it done in a weekend.....Sure would be cool too for the guys wanting to race at a 2 day event and not have to worry about the track getting their signup stuff in......

Later EddieO
Old 10-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #222
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
i know! he probably has to take a dump and urinate several times during the day too, thats going to take up to much of his time! LOL
Dang, that's right. Maybe he shouldn't be president. All that down time in the bathroom could really REEK havoc or at least REEK !

EDDIE FOR PRESIDENT!
RCwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:34 PM   #223
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Eddie--I've got a couple questions having waded through all the pages herein.

1) I am 100% for "making Regionals mean something" by making them the qualifiers for the Nationals again. BUT, and pardon me if I've confused something, you're later stating that one of the reasons the recent electric off-road Nats was less than satisfactorily attended was the simple requirement that racers have a PT. These seem at odds to me. Someone without a PT is "invested" at the very lowest end of the racing arm of this hobby to my mind. And I'm not being elitist at all. It seemed that the reason to make Regionals performace a pre-requisite for Nat's admittance was to make Nats something more (MUCH more) than a glorified/expanded local "2-day" event as they seem to have become. To give an example, pulling it out of space if you will, Mike Blackstock doesn't have PT's in his car because he's loaded with dough, he has them in his cars because they are part of the equipment for competing at the National level.

I am similarly 100% for a requirement for PT's at regional and national events. If not having a PT was the reason someone didn't attend a major event then that person wasn't terribly committed to attending in the first place and is "adding cars to the excuse train" as far as I'm concerned.

2) I'm not sure about a ROAR-owned facility. AMA, of which I am also a member, has a member-owned facility of which I am similarly skeptical. Great benefit to those who live in the general region but of, at best, questionable utility to the majority of members.

3) Relaxing membership requirements at the local level. This concerns me for a couple reasons.

a) Permanent tracks/businesses who have their own insurance have been doing this for years, as is their right. If it isn't a ROAR-sanctioned event at YOUR facility then participants don't need to be members whether you're a ROAR-affilitated track or not. So what's the change for this body of participants?

b) "Club" tracks that depend on renting a facility are usually required to provide insurance as part of their rental agreement. ROAR provides an inexpensive means of aquiring that insurance through pooling. For us that means EVERY event is, effectively, ROAR-sanctioned (Level 1 or 2) and every participant MUST be a ROAR member.

I'm concerned that we're talking about messing with something that ain't broken and COULD threaten small clubs like ours. We depend on readily available, consistent, dependable insurance for our very survival.

Now, making the sole benefit to ROAR membership the fact that insurance is available isn't the way to go either (and that's how it's been for as long as I can remember). Adding further value to being a member is a GREAT idea, but I'm not sure I've heard many concrete proposals for how that's to be done.

I find myself in the position of believing that the status-quo leadership at ROAR hasn't been getting it done, nor do I believe that would change in the future. Maybe you're the kick in the ass ROAR needs, I don't know. Maybe it's a matter of voting to "give you enough rope" and giving you the opportunity to "put up".

Genuinely interested in clarification of your thinking on these matters.

Scottrik

ps...regardless who wins, it's time for ROAR to join the 21st century as re: renewals. The PayPal suggestion was brilliant. MAKE IT EASY TO JOIN OR RENEW!! I think Fred Hohwart does an EXCEPTIONAL job getting renewals, etc turned around, but it's time to make it easier for the members in this regard.
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #224
Tech Elite

i not sure, but i think when refering to question number 3 i think of a local track here in the nw and every summer for the last who knows how many years has had a summer sizzler, this is the single biggest two day race in the area. it is also a non roar track use the results from this race (and others) to qualifiy for regionals, and regionals to qualify for nationals, of course i could be wrong and probably am, thats just how i read it.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:49 PM   #225
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Not sure how that applies Ritchie. FW is, I'm sure, self-insuring their races as they are a business entity.

I am also unaware of any qualification standard for attending Regionals nor was I aware one was being proposed. I'd be very interested in clarification of this as well.

Scottrik
For whom the odds of qualifying for Nats is pretty slim, but likes the idea anyway.
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote