R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #151
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I love how you always to TALK for people.....why doesn't these other regional reps, ifmar guys or manufactuers just come out and say themselves.....personally, I doubt they said much of anything. I have support from many of the manufactuers.....they have posted on here. Ralph Burch posted for christ sakes.....I didn't even ask him to and he never posts on here....do the math folks.

You are sharing with ROAR......when you take those one day memberships or such, your race fee is always going to be a bit smaller than a regular 2 day race, as every track owner unconcisously tries to make it affordable....its also less money they have to spend at your track. It's basic economics debbie....I learned them in junior high....I guess I should of simplfied the statement.

The National Qualifier system will work fine with minimal work......regional directors will provide a list to the ROAR office, who then can forward it to the track hosting regionals for sign ups....the idea isn't in final form....it will take a group of people brainstorming to come up with the final way it works....

Waivers....resumes, whatever you want to call it......you are ASKING IFMAR to waive the fact you have not qualified for Worlds and let them in based on your resume.....I have heard it called both things, by many many long time racers. Way to nit pick....its the samething and you know it. The same process could be applied to our nationals, with minimal effort.

Nuts it may be......but it's called getting ROAR in at the grassroots level. It's simply NOT working under the current system (my fault as regional director right?). It's an idea that may not work.....but I think it will. And simply put, don't cover the people who are not members.....work with the insurance company to find a plan that works and reduces liability, while still applying ample coverage.

I can't force these tracks to sanction these races.....they simply dont want to. What does ROAR offer at this point? Nothing really......why wasn't your slugfest sanctioned? You being the savior, why did you not sanction? Please tell us all why.....please make sure you tell everyone its NEVER been sanctioned, long before I ever stepped foot in your store. Reason why.....you don't see the value and don't want to share with ROAR.

Well, again.....getting ROAR in officially at these events is just a bigger step in the grassroots system.....obiviously my idea isn't bad, as you had Mike Boylan on here saying he thinks it could work....I have talked to Scotty about it also....he thinks it could work to......have not talked to Mr. Bill, but I am sure it could work there also....

While the country loves to sue.....it still isn't the reason we should be preaching. It does little for perm tracks......we have insurance already. And I have never said I would sue to get what I want.....I said I would defend myself against malicous acts......please post where I said I would sue if I didn't get what I want. Stop putting words in my mouth.....

Nope....I am not. The current plan doesn't do anything for me....nor do I have any approved products. My statement is about companies that actually produce something that is approved, which I don't. I don't manufactuer motors, I don't import or make batteries.....Industry Affliates are not notified....nobody was notified about the brushless rules or not, they were simply just posted one random night a couple weeks before nationals. The 19t rules were done completely different than the companies thought, hence why NO company when they were passed was making a legal motor. Ask your son, he claims to have been part of making the rules and according to him, what got passed is not what they put into forth for approval....

Where have I alienated trinity in the forums? Please show me.....I have never said crap to you about trinity, other than offering to get you tires at cheaper prices.....I am one of the largest OEM accounts, why would I want to bite the hand that feeds my company.....I used all trinity handouts at nationals, even though I was offered better prices and such on other motors.....trinity had the only legal 19t, so thats what we used. Give me a break and stop with the slander.

I have talked to numerous car companies.....many think the PIECE OF PAPER in a kit would not be a problem. We are talking a piece of paper here folks.....these companies spend tons of money on magazine ads and such already. I think the return is worth the investment. Please notice I didn't say force or anything.....I said we need to get them to. Some may choose not to, that would be their choice and their loss. You are right about most being bashers just wanting to play, but ROAR needs to find a way to get these people informed....and what better way than RIGHT in the car kit they just opened.....hoping they find a track or a website is probably a much much lower chance. That new car kit is free access to their attention, so why not utitlize it....remember a LOT of kits are mail ordered now, so these customers may never even know tracks assist.

I have made contact with a lot of the tracks in the Northwest who are not ROAR tracks.....its been a tough road with a lot of them. They don't see the point......many just don't want to go to that level of racing. Again, if you think you can do such a great job at this, please, why did you NOT run yourself?

As for product rules.....I think they need to be opened up a bit so companies can make better products......and I am not the only one who thinks this. It's not a slight at any company or not....its about producing better stuff for the racers. ROAR working with the companies to establish the rules would be a good start, but this simply has NOT happened over the last few years.....and when it did, the rules rarely reflected what the companies said....

I am well aware the motors had a price increase of $5 for stocks.....how long has it been $40 debbie? Is $5 the same $5 it was when it last increased....

Now, I can have two motors companies come on here and tell you they didn't agree to the change.....what I am saying is the increase should be based on real inflation numbers.....increase prices in products, materials, shipping, etc....its all gone up.

Also, you realize the price limit doesn't apply to OEMs.....ROAR has long admitted this. Hence why you see MANY OEM motors over the maximum price, I can show if needed.....however, good luck finding ANY ROAR approved motor from me over the max......never has, nor never will happen. So much for your self serving idea.

I want to see the doors opened up for techonology to advance. Let's use brushless motors as an example.....they can't use sintered magnets....they can't be delta wound, they can't be 5 or more poles......all pointless restrictive rules. You realize they could make a motor that lasts and doesn't blow up right? I don't sell or produce a brushless.....it would make brushless systems out there legal, that are currently not.....like the tekin or the TRINITY units......yep, self serving.

The battery rules simple don't work.....they put many tracks and races in big binds.....this has been a hot topic of conversation in the electric committees.....they need to be changed, but who knows if they will be.

While the brushless thing was bad.....what about the 19t rules? You know the ones that left us running 2004 Nationals with no approved motors, so an unapproved motor was used.....a motor which to this day still is not legal. What about the body issue from IFMAR a couple years back....ask Josh Cyrul or Dale Epp about it.....they sure felt done right on that whole thing. And look no further than a couple weeks back when the intial battery lists were posted.....multiple batteries were missing....I had to call trinity and tell them they were getting screwed......magically they get fixed. Simple mistake? Maybe....I dunno, but this is the type of stuff that gives ROAR a black eye.....and it needs to stop.

What bylaws were broken....umm.....I think this forum has word limit....first, please provide me with minutes from the meeting where the president/vp requirment was changed.....why did it take 10 months to post it? Find ONE person from the onroad committee that will say they reviewed the bids for ANY of the 2005 electric onroad nationals and helped in the selection process (required by the rules, feel free to LOOK it up). I can keep going and going.....the rules have simply not been followed in many many cases......you honestly don't believe the reason Rick Wison resigned is what was posted do you? You obiviously have NO clue.

And while its not a bad arguement on the experience thing.......it wasn't required for 20+ years.....and stuff worked, that is....until this group got in charge.

As for me being capable, I run a multi million dollar non-profit.....I think I am more than capable of running ROAR. I work with ALL the other local tracks just fine debbie....you are the only other owner who has a problem with me....

Good Ole Boy club is hardly sexist......obiviously you do not know what it means.....its simply a clique....has nothing to do with your race, reglion, or gender for that matter.......

There is a thread on RCtech about the rule change.....there are NO minutes to the meeting....there are multiple stories on when it supposedly happened....and it was not posted for TEN MONTHS....TEN....thats 300+ days....yes folks, thats backdoor with an agenda.....what better way to disqualify people than not let them know about the rule that gets them qualified......I am not the only one who thinks this, including multiple otherm regional directors.

And you clearly don't know your FACTS once again.....I was not eligble.....I was asked to join the onroad comittee in early 2005.....elections were in Oct/Nov of 2005.....maybe a year to you debbie, but certainly not to anyone else.....but I guess I am lying about that too.....just another example of you not even knowing what you are talking about.

I love how my personal life is brought into this.....so because I have four kids, i am disqualified? It's pretty common that I don't play much softball anymore (was in the same posts about me and my wife)....and now me collecting cards will interfere? Awesome.....everyone, please stop doing anything else but RC....it may interefere....

My oh my.......seems things never change....

Later EddieO
Old 10-26-2006, 10:07 AM   #152
Tech Elite

Debbie....the bet. Doug and I got take lie detector tests.....after providing cell phone records to further the claim that I and him spoke BEFORE any of these posts were made that he could not run his proposed format and he need to run regular qualifiers and mains.....

$10000? I am sure Doug will take some of the action too......the call was made, nobody is lying. No doubt he may of called cause you bitched, but the simple fact was he did call and I did tell him he could NOT do that.....so he updated his thread.

Later EddieO
Old 10-26-2006, 10:13 AM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
You are so amazing how you have perceived things in your own mind.
And the hits you made about my track and it went downhill. Attack the sender.
I opened up when no one else would. Spent a lot of money and have had the best record of an on road track. I opened because I love racing. You opened for a tax write off.

Hahaha. I threw you out? How about I go into Peel It during a BIG race, open up a box of products for some Rain racers and in the middle of the pits I start handing out piles of tires, wheels, batteries and motors to racers. making a big commotion and people all wondering what the hell was going on! Yeah, that's very professional to the track.
So you were asked to go out to your car and give them out.
I didn't care that you were sponsoring people, it was fun to see the guys you picked do well. It's just the magnanimous way you did it.

I am not and never was xxxrayted.
SIR? Kevin called me about 3:30. Didn't know anything. Was at the track when Doug came in and I told him to read the rule book. I bet then he called you. You are so full of it.

As I said, it's a ROAR mag. Isn't it important to follow the rules? Yes it's great to promote other racing. How about on this forum? Much better visibility. But doing things your own way is more important.
Promote ROAR, remember?

Yeah, people go up to your track because I don't carry your stuff. So what? I have other companies I like to promote. I don't carry a lot of different companies product. I am not the only one in the NW who doesn't carry your products.

ROAR reps? Isn't that your job to find one? I know Randy, Gary and others have always asked and people helped out.

Eddie we have always had our issues. I think you have done the minimal amount needed as director.
But I don't think you have the time or the background to take on this job of Prez. And that is what this thread is about.
This is my opinion and the opinion of a lot of people in the NW, companies and others.

I have known you for quite a while and I don't hate you. Although the way you dredge up all the things I have done wrong, and you have NEVER done anything wrong.
That seems to be your way is to attack the person who makes comments that you don't like.

I know what you have said about me in the back rooms. I know your plans and I know your ego. As long as everyone goes along and never argues they are safe with you.

And not everyone in the NW feels as you do about me. I have some of the best turnouts of racing in the NW. I am fair and honest with people as much as I can. Yes, I made comments and so have you. Get over it.
You are doing well.

From reading some of your responses to Eddie's posts it is obvious that you are not open to anything good or bad if it comes from Eddie.
I don't know this guy but you have taken some of his posts and twisted it out of context.
His previous remarks on the track and Brood being a tax write off was in response to some people questioning if he is running to gain an advantage for his R/C companies financially.

Questioning the idea of the ROAR flyers in the Manufacturer kits was kinda wierd since it was just that, an idea. I hope the rest of the Current affiliates will be a little more open to forward thinking instead.
I feel and agree that it is in the Manufacturer's best interest for racing to thrive.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:26 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RMT

[QUOTE=Silver]Well somebody has to oversee the qualified people. Who is going to volunteer for that job?
With anything new that happens requires extra help to make things happen. Who is going to do it?
Remember this is a voluntary job.

RMT is an expense that is not needed imo. Why not let the tracks that bid submit a proposal on how they will handle tech and why a national should be held at thier track. If RMT takes up pretty much takes up most of the entry fee's. What would be a tracks motivation for hosting a nats.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #155
Tech Elite

In my opinion I would like to see somebody win who not in the industry, Eddie seem to brings a lots to the table but this whole things seem like a popularity contest, this is my opinion
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #156
Tech Elite

I opened up because I like racing......Peel-It is an state LLC.....its not a tax write off like br00d is......sure I get to write stuff off, but Peel-It was designed and will make money in the end. I have just simply stated at worst its a write off and I am not going to kiss butt to get whining customers. If people want to have fun and race....then come on down. Good luck finding a person that will ever say we put on a bad race or treat people badly at my track.....doesn't happen. Certainly has happened at yours, like the kid this past weekend who is new to racing from Oregon....seems he was treated well.

Yes, feel free to come into peel it and support your racers. Its call sponsorship. It was WELL known prior to the event that I had sponsored Peter, Sean, and Donny. I met up with Sean and Peter a week or so before the race....right at Rain City. You KNEW I had sponsored them....what did you think I was going to bring them? cookies? I had 16 sets of tires, 12 batteries, and 9 motors for them to use....so much stuff. What was great was me getting to stand out in the rain after just having a tooth pulled a few hours earlier.....yup, real professional of you. Even donny was pissed.....for the record, all three people I sponsored were either already sponsored or worked at Hobby shops.....I wasn't stealing customers....and last I checked you don't OWN them. I remember you sending me a PM that Peter was a poor choice to sponsor......well, 3 national titles, 4 TQs, and ton of A main finishes later....yeah....poor choice.

XXXrayted came from your track, as did the other fake account in that "is br00d taking over thread".....IPs matched and the one you literally logged out of silver and log in the other.....yup, IPS lie....give me a break.

Like I said, name the dollar amount you want to bet on the phone call between doug and I......I will have him come on here and post....

The point being, is there is no posted rules about what can and can't go into the revup.....and again, they may be not sanctioned races, but they are races at ROAR tracks. I, nor anyone else, can force joe blow little track to sanction a race.....and you are right.....though I felt it was a dumb rule, I lived with it....but then of course, other regions get to do it....so much for the rule being enforced.....and they simply didn't slip by. Kinda like the 50 word limit we had on the ballots......queller gets 57....again, simple rule, not enforced...yeah, its only 7 words....but still, limit was 50.

Promoting ROAR is not just promoting ROAR races....its promoting ROAR tracks and racing in general...gotta start some where....

You promote the other companies out of spite.....plain and simple. Some of the guys coming up here have made it very clear about your opinion on my company......

Well, Randy himself is a busy guy....he is alread a rep.....how many races does he go to? I have tried and tried to find someone....nobody steps up. I have asked countless people and always been told they don't have the time or don't want to be the beating stick.....

Don't speak for a lot of people in the NW.....cause a lot of them support me......so do a LOT of the companies.....

Experience wise.....I have been in this hobby a LOT longer than you have....I have ran races, helped at tracks, ran my own series, and worked at a hobby store.....all LONG before Peel-It or br00d.

And it goes both ways.....you are on here dredging up everything you have thought I have done wrong......in your opinion.

And I know what you have said about me Debbie......people like to talk. As for people being safe, again.....please point out ONE person I have done anything to for speaking out against me....please show me. Cherry does it all the time.....so does Ritchie.....please have them share this supposed recourse I took on them.....ask Wes....me and him had it out in chat. He still raced at my track....I even had him make the regional trophy inserts....I can take opinions.....people bitching at me in RC is nothing compared to what I get at my day job.....this is a cake walk when it comes to complaints and trash talking......realize, I have had DEATH THREATS over my day job.....

And yes, you have had good turnouts......even with all the trash talking.....my guys and I STILL show up and race there.....regardless of how we are treated and such......

Later EddieO
Old 10-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #157
Tech Elite

Tubaboy, I said it was a joke for anything other than Club based tracks.....for any perm track with a hobby shop, its pointless....for clubs, its pretty much the only thing that lets them exsist.....and I am in no way suggesting we get rid of it. I just don't think its what we should preach to everyone.....especially to the tracks that already have insurance.

As for the non-roar members.....well, thats a detail we would need to work out with the insurance company. Insurance companies will insure just about anything if you are willing to pay.....I am sorry, but if Reggie Bush can insure his legs for 15 million....then I am sure we can work with the insurance company on how to figure out how to make it work. It may not work, but the fact is....its an idea that should be looked at.

I must ask though, do these tracks have local club races? Do they require everyone be a member? If so, is it actually enforced?

Well, I think the RMT has a place, but she be used when there is no sufficient bids or if its a complicated race (fuel nats often is).....As for it increasing bidding.....I don't think it has. There was only ONE bid for paved nats this year and 3 bids for carpet nats (though a couple late ones came in).I am not sure about offroad, I know they got one, cause I bid to host offroad electric again, as it is now modified and stock together. I don't think the tracks actually realize either that the RMT is being used at all events either.....I don't think the cut is very fair either, many tracks will tell you that they spend that much getting ready for the race. Also, can ROAR provide where they came up with this number....as they certainly didn't talk to tracks and such to see if this was even feasible......and I think there needs to be a detailed budget submitted PRIOR to the race....not after, with no explanation.

I am not sure what you are referncing about in the revup....which new rule is this? Tracks have always been able to sanction races.....Mike didn't invent this rule....lots of races used to be sanctioned back in the day.....now they are few and far between.

Race 301? What is that?

Later EddieO
Old 10-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #158
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
realize, I have had DEATH THREATS over my day job.....

Later EddieO
Dude what do you do for a livin'???
Old 10-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #159
Tech Legend

Default A good reason to vote for EddieO

Eddie will be accessible for everyone on R/cTech.net 24/7....

I like that .....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just for ya'lls information when I first started racing back in 1979 every kit had a package from ROAR in the box. I've still got the literature . I mentioned that to the new group back when they first said something about this idea. As far as I know nothing has ever become of this.
As far as someone profitting because they are in the same business. The West Coast manufacturers are the one that supported ROAR and ran if for years. It was that way until the early 90's.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #161
Tech Elite

I am CEO of an Indian Tribe....

And I have seen the literature you talk about Bullfrog.....thats where I got the idea to start doing it again.....

People have attention spans measured in nano-seconds sometimes.....we got their attention when they open that box.....there is aton better chance of them learning about ROAR from a paper in that box than on any website, magazine, or whatever.

Grassroots folks....start at the begining......not hope they know how to google.

Later EddieO
Old 10-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Hey Eddie your slowely becoming the George bush of the Rc world
Old 10-26-2006, 12:16 PM   #163
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
I am CEO of an Indian Tribe....
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #164
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M.
Can you please explain how having the RMT show up at the nationals helps promote the track or event? I know they do the race tech but instead of flying in 3-5 people along with lodging for 1 week. Couldn't tech be handled by the local track and maybe have one roar official oversee decision making or judgement calls.
Those 3 to 5 people who are teching can't race. In addition, in most cases the 3 to 5 people at a track that can take on those assignments are usually the more dedicated and better drivers at a given track. Allowing them to race instead of teching is a good thing imo.

Paul
Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #165
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Tubaboy, I said it was a joke for anything other than Club based tracks.....for any perm track with a hobby shop, its pointless....for clubs, its pretty much the only thing that lets them exsist.....and I am in no way suggesting we get rid of it. I just don't think its what we should preach to everyone.....especially to the tracks that already have insurance.

As for the non-roar members.....well, thats a detail we would need to work out with the insurance company. Insurance companies will insure just about anything if you are willing to pay.....I am sorry, but if Reggie Bush can insure his legs for 15 million....then I am sure we can work with the insurance company on how to figure out how to make it work. It may not work, but the fact is....its an idea that should be looked at.

I must ask though, do these tracks have local club races? Do they require everyone be a member? If so, is it actually enforced?

Well, I think the RMT has a place, but she be used when there is no sufficient bids or if its a complicated race (fuel nats often is).....As for it increasing bidding.....I don't think it has. There was only ONE bid for paved nats this year and 3 bids for carpet nats (though a couple late ones came in).I am not sure about offroad, I know they got one, cause I bid to host offroad electric again, as it is now modified and stock together. I don't think the tracks actually realize either that the RMT is being used at all events either.....I don't think the cut is very fair either, many tracks will tell you that they spend that much getting ready for the race. Also, can ROAR provide where they came up with this number....as they certainly didn't talk to tracks and such to see if this was even feasible......and I think there needs to be a detailed budget submitted PRIOR to the race....not after, with no explanation.

I am not sure what you are referncing about in the revup....which new rule is this? Tracks have always been able to sanction races.....Mike didn't invent this rule....lots of races used to be sanctioned back in the day.....now they are few and far between.

Race 301? What is that?

Later EddieO
Yes both tracks enforce it. If we dont... we can have our land yanked from us. Most tracks that I have visited that rely on ROAR insurance enforce it as well. All it would take is one incident with an uninsured driver and the city/state is suddenly in a situation where they are liable for injuries.

Please see the August/Sept '06 for the rule change regarding sanctioned races. http://www.roarracing.org/downloads/...ugSep_2006.pdf

At the moment I know of one other track that bid for Electric Off-Road nationals. They chose to do so with the idea of RMT being available.

Paul