R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #1336
Tech Elite

I think you may find that the initial problem has more to do with who checked you in, as well as who checked you out. I checked in early on the 3rd and the same lady (who was helpful, polite and knew what she was doing) checked me out. She didn't run the charge when I checked in, and the charge that came through 3 days after I checked out was spot on with the bill.

Now I did venture to the front desk during my stay to see a few other front desk personnel treat everyone pretty poorly.

Now fixing the bill has to be a management issue.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #1337
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SpeedDesignz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Preisinger
In addition, I thought it was a great policy that we had to pay an extra $30 per night (aka 'special rate') because we were participating in the snowbirds race.

Thats correct, those who had rooms that were not associated with the race only paid $50 per night. I saw/heard during all of the time i spent trying to fix my bill at the front desk.

and btw, the $390 situation is still not taken care of..... They said I wouldnt be charged, but my credit card company says otherwise.
I got charged $560 to my card even when I paid Cash when I checked out. Took 2 weeks, but they did refund me.

The rate for that place is just redicoulous. That place is such a dive. I could rant about the problems with that hole all day but ohh well... It would be awesome to find a new place.

I also enjoyed the Safe charge of $2.00 a night ... ( for a rusty old safe I did'nt even use) It's funny that it has a different name every year ... what does that tell you
Old 02-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #1338
Tech Master

This is terrible. I will try and find out what the hell is going on. I am sorry to say the least for the problems.
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #1339
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When I checked out on Monday I made them take the safe charge off of my bill and they did it without question. I also made sure the bill was correct....

The last 3 days - Friday, Sat and Sun no wireless internet connection.. No signal......

The rooms could have use some updating but I hand look a blast and look forward to next years race.
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #1340
Tech Master

As many of you know... its convention week in Orlando most all of Jan, Feb and March. Any hotel with ballrooms bigger than 5000 sq ft are charging over 100 a night and most 200 a night. We use 15000 ft... I have looked for possible changes of venue and will continue to do so. I really thought this year was going to be the best yet with the hotel. I have not heard of any other problems with charges (yet) and hope this is it. I am terribly sorry once again. The rate on Expedia that week was 89 I know for a fact... but there could always be someone getting deals on hotels.com etc that can't be controlled. I hate this. I even paid over 3000 in rooms for my guys. I don't get rebates before that rumor gets out. It was supposed to be better this year. The GMS name is RYAN. I met with him several times. Please call and ask for him I am sure he can help. Thanks for a great race.. just sorry this BS is happening after.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #1341
Tech Master

Thanks Nova... the Internet was a challenge all week for sure. We had 200 users on at one point in the hotel and ballroom. That is a lot of laptops! They originally were setup for 50 users!! I am sure we learned a lot for next time on what we need for the racers.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #1342
Tech Master

BTW the number is 407-996-7400....

All the audio from RaceTalkLive.com is still on-line. You can catch some great racer interviews, and tons more. Plus the mains from Sunday.
http://www.racetalklive.com/broadcast.asp
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #1343
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to |<R1Z |>

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder
As many of you know... its convention week in Orlando most all of Jan, Feb and March. Any hotel with ballrooms bigger than 5000 sq ft are charging over 100 a night and most 200 a night. We use 15000 ft... I have looked for possible changes of venue and will continue to do so. I really thought this year was going to be the best yet with the hotel. I have not heard of any other problems with charges (yet) and hope this is it. I am terribly sorry once again. The rate on Expedia that week was 89 I know for a fact... but there could always be someone getting deals on hotels.com etc that can't be controlled. I hate this. I even paid over 3000 in rooms for my guys. I don't get rebates before that rumor gets out. It was supposed to be better this year. The GMS name is RYAN. I met with him several times. Please call and ask for him I am sure he can help. Thanks for a great race.. just sorry this BS is happening after.

I actually dont have a real problem with the rate or the venue. I realize that a fancy hotel is going to be $$$. My issue is with the customer service of the management company that runs the hotel. Its inconsistent (at very best) as indicated by Guy's post. Had the incorrect charges not been so ridiculous, and had I not been told one thing at the front desk and then charged another, I would have never publicly posted my complaints.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #1344
Tech Master

I understand and would have too!! I hope all this works out.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #1345
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Masters class in 2008....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #1346
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
Masters class in 2008....
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For us older type racers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #1347
Tech Master

Got my rooms thru Expedia for $55.62 per night for 7 days for a traditional room and $61.54 per night for poolside room. That's including taxes and fees.
Too bad I Had to cancel a week before the race. It pays to shop around.
It sure would have been nice to receive my racer's swag, being NO REFUNDS on race .............. Hate to waste $95.00. Guess they need the money. Never did get any answers to the emails about that.......
But, can hardly wait until Snowbirds 2008. This time I won't enter until the last minute tho.......
Old 02-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #1348
Tech Regular

Default Lengthy Horror Story, but a good one...

Last year while staying at the Orlando Plaza while attending the Snowbirds, the hotel had to move us to a new room due to ours becoming infested with insects...to the point where the Board of Health was contacted, and they gutted the entire room: carpet, beds, furniture, drapes, etc; were all removed and thrown in the dumpster.

John Hauenstein and I had bites/rashes all over our arms and chest, and my daughter had nightmares afterward about bugs crawling on her as well. We had to throw out our suitcases and all our food, as well as launder all our clothes. The Board of Health strongly suggested we do this to reduce the chance of transporting the insect infestation home with us, where they could infest our home as well. The Board of Health also stated that the Orlando Grand Plaza, had multiple violations there in the past, and provided us with a copy of the report regarding our case, but stated that's all they could due for us. Any additional recourse was up to us. I immeadiately talked to the front desk manager, and she stated that they would make ammends at the time of checkout.

Upon checkout, the hotel offered to comp us for 1 Night...1 night!! I argued that our food alone exceeded the charges for one night, not to mention throwing out our suitcases and the purchase of new luggage, relaundering our clothes, my daughter's nightmares and the rest of the inconvenience. They did absolutlely nothing to try to appease us, and said it wasn't their fault. When I tried to contest the charges with my credit card company, they replied that legally, all the hotel had to do is make an attempt to compensate us, and the 1 night comp was the minimum they legally needed to offer. It proved that they have been in this situation before, and are quite skilled at meeting the minimum requirements so no legal recourse could be taken...Doesn't speak well for their customer service, however.

Needless to say, my daughter and Melissa will never step foot in that hotel again...

"Where The Fast guys Shop"
Putnam Propulsion Competition Motors and Accessories
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #1349
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

I was in the same type of situation as Todd, but not the same degree - that is just disgusting.

I had several "bed bug bites" on the center of my back and sides. I had asked the front desk on Monday to do something about it (along with fixing my bed), and by checkout next Monday, nothing was done. I just hope I didn't bring home any of the little critters with me.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #1350
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Well I have called 3 times a day for the last week and not one time has anyone that has the authority to do anything been "in the office".

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote