Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
where is her other hand lol

maybe she tried to goose me lol
I like the number on her dress.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Mike!
THanks again for a great show! Your crew is top notch and every year the race gets better and smoother! I really enjoyed racing for a change and I was impressed that I made the B-Main... Bwahahaha...
Got a ton of pics at www.steelcityhobbies.com and some comics which are kind of funny.
MR
Old 02-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Mike. It was fun hanging with you all week. Thanks for being a part of it. Can't wait to see all the footage. I got your link on our site. Your pics are awesome! Thanks for the videos too for the racers.... it sure was a fun week. Keep that boy Jay of yours under control hahahaha!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
watch the Stock 12th "A" main 4 car battle till the end seperated by less then a second from Snowbirds here

I'll post stock and 19 touring later this weekend
why such a weird video format??? i cant watch it on windows media player
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah. .rm files need Real Player.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default I was the one. me me me!

Originally Posted by seaball
how about tj bradley pulling his car off of the track after one lap in the third round because he realized he left his 19t motor in his car for the stock qualifier? that's pretty funny. unfortunately, it cost him his qualifier (versus if it were first caught in tech), but we all got a good laugh afterward hearing him describe how much rip he had!

and no. those two motors don't even have the same color can!

truthfully, though, tech was run well. we were all able to get to the line in reasonable amount of time. like howhart, i think that track width should be teched as well.

In an age where hardly anyone admits blame or takes responsibility for their actions anymore, I'd like to comment on this.

I alone teched Tj's car for that round as Jim Smith(The official head of the Snowbirds on-road tech) was tearing down a heat winner at the time and yes it totally slipped by me. If I remember correctly his car was brought up late and into a very packed tech area. I rushed his car through since his race was already on the grid. That does not make it ok, Acceptatable or even understandable. I let everyone down including myself with that one indescretion..

We were having to look at a lot of different items on the cars and the fact that it had a green 19t motor in it should have been blatant but since it did, I looked for the correct arm, No extra drilling and the correct white tag with EPIC19 text. If it had been a 19t arm in a blue can it would have been caught right then and there.

Bottom line is I blew that one at the largest r/c race in the world and it was brought to my attention while the race was still on the track. Embarassing? You bet , But it did bring to light the fact that we(I) were letting tech get too far ahead of itself.

From that point on we tried to get all the cars from a particular heat checked in before teching a heat or two down the sheet. If anyone of you were asked to step aside to let us tech someone else's car after that, That was the reason why. Not because you smelled funny and there were a ripe one or two in the bunch.

In a perfect world there would be no reason for a tech station because no one would dare push the rules but we are not a perfect breed therefore we tech.

It got back to me afterwards that there was conversation in the pits about how I had l let one get through. All is well, I'm pretty confident that nothing else"got by" after that one isolated incident.

Now on to the other rules, With the current Snowbirds "Simple" rules package. There may be a little gray area but the understanding of current Touring car rules should be a no brainer. There were a couple of cars in the 1st round that were a little wide and I brought it to the attention of whoever brought the car up. You should't show tire outside the body and they didn't after that. These two cars did not set fast time or TQ in that round to be almost brutal. They were'nt even a threat. There may have been other cars that fudged the 190mm rule but they didnt throw it out the window like these two.

And to the guy that brought the orange car up with what looked to be an old Buds BiLevel offroad wing, Did you really think that would go unnoticed? It got a good laugh too but there again, We looked a little closer at wings after that even though it was more of an gentlemans agreement on what not to run.

Is it time for a more stringent rules package at a race of this significance? That's not up to me or anyone else to decide but Mike Boylan but rest assured, If he thinks so, It will be put in place for next year. The box of doom or the the go no go gauge has already been discussed on the proverbial cocktail napkin.

To reitterate(to say again for you slower types ) I enjoyed my time working with everyone at this years race, From the racers to the other members of the Snowbirds crew. You'd be hard pressed to find a better bunch of people anywhere. And I hope to be a part of it again next year.

Last edited by David Butts; 02-17-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Suzuki
why such a weird video format??? i cant watch it on windows media player
I third that not many things come in rm format anymore...

Any chance of it getting done in a more windows-friendly format??
Old 02-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by James35
Yeah. .rm files need Real Player.
Try installing real alternative. It is a freeware codec aimed at rm files. It allows you to watch rm file with mediaplayer!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

is anybody putting out a video of the races?
Old 02-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Pretty sure Steel City Hobbies will have a DVD of this year's Birds.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Dave! You were a great addition to the crew. We tore down each heat winner and I believe we did a 9.5 on a scale of 1-10. Thanks again!!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Just watched the videos Nash - thanks a ton for putting them up there. That was some of the best racing! And to think the touring was the B-main it looked like an A - good to see the level of competiton and good racing.

Also want to thank our local man Ron Harrison for doing a fantastic job with the carpet seaming this year. Track was awesome. And thanks to Martin Grace for carpet help toooo.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Awesome recap you gotta see.. with some great captions and more:

http://www.steelcityhobbies.com/blog/

Thanks Mike!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.