R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #1141
Tech Master

Just checking out web stats and over 4000 unique viewers on our web stream for the 7 days.... awesome!!
http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/snowbirdstats.htm

Also all the mains and radio shows from racetalklive.com are on-line to listen to... good stuff!!
http://www.racetalklive.com/broadcast.asp
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #1142
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder
Hope everyone made it home safe and sound. This had to be the best 'birds yet! I can't remember races being so close and exciting. The mains were absolutely amazing. We will have some audio of them on-line and hope there will be some videos of them on-line soon. Of course Mike from Steel City has all the mains on DVD coming out soon. Thank you everyone and a huge thank you to all the TRC Thunder Race Crew guys and girls. Thanks to Tony Padilla, he was our photo man and there will be 1000s of pics on soon!!

I really had a awesome time and am sad it is over. Thank you again for all your support racers and a huge thanks to all our sponsors, and to Trinity for taking the chance 7 years ago and helping me get it started.

Mike
Hats off to you Mike and the rest of the Thunder racing crew. Once again, an exceptionally well run event. The "B-Main bump-ups" were a cool new feature.

I sleep now.....
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #1143
Tech Elite

The webcast and audio for the mains were awesome!!!! Thanks for all of the hard work guys!!! Hats Off!!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:59 AM   #1144
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yes great work. Makes it like you are there, only we at home are able to get our normal sleep and not walk around like zombies for a week.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:21 AM   #1145
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WOW.. got to go back to work today...

My first of many more Birds I hope!!... To Mike, Julie and the rest... Not many people can make this kind of commitment every year and provide a top notch event. The new owners sound like they would like to have the event again next year....

The RC vendors were more than ready to offer help and the racers stepped up as well. They made us "rookies" feel welcomed and helped us with the rules and procedures during practice and 2 minute speed rounds.

The live TV feed was the best way to keep track of what race heat was on.

One of the best changes was the bump up round... It gave 19 people a shot at the title!!! I'd like to keep it at 9 plus the bump... 11 would be too many to have in the mains and marshalling might determine the outcome of the race. The crowd for the B's was almost as much as the mains!!!

Changes/Ideas... I think everyone should take time to reflect first.... I have some but want to hear more from the RC people who was there, they might have a better idea than me...

Thanks again to everyone for making my first time one that I will never forgot...

Now that bads news.... I've already told my wife that I can't wait until next year... She said she wanted to go to New Zealand next year with the family ...

I told her to have fun and take a lot of pics!!!! Just as I will at the 2008 birds!!!!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #1146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I liked the B-main bump ups as well. It added a lot of excitement to the racing...Maybe next year lock in 10 for the A main and bump the winner of the B up for an 11th mixer in the pack!! That would be awesome!!
Yeah, I heard that alot this weekend, I think it would be cool. Other than Justin Lessard, was there anybody else who actually Q'ed 10th that bumped?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:46 AM   #1147
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Yeah, I heard that alot this weekend, I think it would be cool. Other than Justin Lessard, was there anybody else who actually Q'ed 10th that bumped?

yeah I would like to protest that bump up thing..
just kidding, I qualified tenth in 1/12 scale and could pull it out in the B main,
but it was awesome to give 9 other guys a chance to bump in,as being one of the guys who put in the top ten but then didnt, I still liked the way they did it. it made for some great racing sat. night. Had a great time, I love the new schedule, it finally lets you enjoy the 80 degree weather in FLA.
cant wait to make it back next year
thanks
Mo
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #1148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default Body results

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
What was the body of choice for sedan foam/rubber? Parma Alpha, Mohawk, M-Type Protoform Mazda 6 Mazdaspeed, DNA1, DNA2 etc...

Later and thanks,
Here is what I counted:

TC stock:
Parma Mohawk 9 out of 10 in the main. TQ and 1-8 and 10th in the main

TC 19T:
Parma Mohawk TQ and Win, 6 out of 10 in the main, one of them was an Alfa.

TC mod:
Parma Mohawk TQ, 4 out of 10 in the main one was an alfa that finished 2nd.

1/12 stock:
Parma speed 8 and speed 8 hd. 1st place Speed 8. 7 out of 10 in the main.

The Type M tqed stock rubber but that is the only result I know of in the rubber classes.

Thanks for everyone who used Parma products to help you get the great results. Congrats to Travis, Mike Dumas, Jason Schreffler, Larry, and Tom Firshing, you guys were awesome all week.

Paul
Old 02-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #1149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

My car in rubber was hands down faster and more free with the Type M body. And in Foam the mowhawk was the obvious choice, it was more stable in the rear on this track that gave cars a ton of steering.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #1150
TLRacing

It was great to see some non factory supported travel team drivers dominate the stock class this year. The way stock racing should be!!!!!!!

Great job to Shreff and Fairtrace!!
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #1151

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
It was great to see some non factory supported travel team drivers dominate the stock class this year. The way stock racing should be!!!!!!!

Great job to Shreff and Fairtrace!!
There are some wheels out there yet...haha...Good Job Boys!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #1152
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I liked the B-main bump ups as well. It added a lot of excitement to the racing...Maybe next year lock in 10 for the A main and bump the winner of the B up for an 11th mixer in the pack!! That would be awesome!! I think overall this year was some of the cleanest mains I have seen....Heat races were a different story though

EA
I say go full old school and run bumps for all mains.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:21 AM   #1153
Tech Elite

Quote:
Joel Myrberg in Mod Foam.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #1154
Tech Addict

Quote:

Tim C stock rubber
Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #1155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Didn't attend, but just wanted to know how tech went? I know at the Novak race cranked arms was an issue that was closely being watched. Were the same stringent tech rules applied at the Birds this year?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote