R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #376
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 20
Send a message via AIM to Vicky Carrubba
Default

Kenny - That's right...wahoo!!

We definately need more girls racing and then maybe we could get a chip'n'dale as a trophy guy...no offense to anyone who has volunteered..but I know Carissa, Diane and I really want to see tans and muscles!!! (and I think all your wives who come watch would like to see it too!!!!)HAHA!!

can't wait for fla!!!
Vicky Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #377
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW
WOW...Former Mod A main finalist Martin Hudy is signed up for rubber tire 19t (sportsman class)!

From one manufacture to another, lets try and stay out of the sportsman class for at least 1 race. Thought that's why we have support drivers

I can already see some entry swapping
Well since all they run over there is Rubber tires I dont really blame him. It was a pretty dumb idea to offer stock and 19 turn rubber and not mod and expect the foreign guys to not run 19 turn....it says nothing on the entry about it being "sportsman". Hell Oval has 9 classes to on-road's 7....what would one more have hurt in on-road and then made everything perfect. Mod guys would have run mod/mod/mod. And left the stock and 19 turn classes for non-pro drivers.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #378
Tech Champion
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,925
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

That would have been awsome.. Its not too late.. Oh wait maybe....
__________________
www.express-motorsports.net for all your motor needs
Multi time National Champions,Reedy Champs,Vegas Champs,Birds, Champs,[email protected]

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #379
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW
WOW...Former Mod A main finalist Martin Hudy is signed up for rubber tire 19t (sportsman class)!

From one manufacture to another, lets try and stay out of the sportsman class for at least 1 race. Thought that's why we have support drivers

I can already see some entry swapping
pw - send weylin rose out there. that should take care of things.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #380
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,504
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

glowter stop lurkin' dawg
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #381
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Well since all they run over there is Rubber tires I dont really blame him. It was a pretty dumb idea to offer stock and 19 turn rubber and not mod and expect the foreign guys to not run 19 turn....it says nothing on the entry about it being "sportsman". Hell Oval has 9 classes to on-road's 7....what would one more have hurt in on-road and then made everything perfect. Mod guys would have run mod/mod/mod. And left the stock and 19 turn classes for non-pro drivers.

EA
Wow.... Good point about the rubber tires that they are run "over the pond".
Something for next year to ponder...
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #382
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Holiday, Florida
Posts: 1,810
Default

We will definitely look at the future for changes. Hard to determine who is a pro anymore though. Thanks for the input!!
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #383
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Well since all they run over there is Rubber tires I dont really blame him. It was a pretty dumb idea to offer stock and 19 turn rubber and not mod and expect the foreign guys to not run 19 turn....it says nothing on the entry about it being "sportsman". Hell Oval has 9 classes to on-road's 7....what would one more have hurt in on-road and then made everything perfect. Mod guys would have run mod/mod/mod. And left the stock and 19 turn classes for non-pro drivers.

EA
Com'on EA...You know better than that! Martin Hudy made the A main in foam mod before. Heck, he is the only euro driver entered in rubber. It's clear as day that they are looking for an easy win.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #384
Tech Master
 
DerekB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky Carrubba
Kenny - That's right...wahoo!!

We definately need more girls racing and then maybe we could get a chip'n'dale as a trophy guy...no offense to anyone who has volunteered..but I know Carissa, Diane and I really want to see tans and muscles!!! (and I think all your wives who come watch would like to see it too!!!!)HAHA!!

can't wait for fla!!!
I think many of us just threw up in our mouths...the great thing about Trophy Girls is that even girls like to look at girls.
__________________
Velocity RC Magazine
www.vrcmag.com
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #385
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder
We will definitely look at the future for changes. Hard to determine who is a pro anymore though. Thanks for the input!!
I think that one is pretty easy; Martin "Hudy"....
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #386
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,504
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW
It's clear as day that they are looking for an easy win.
I'm no easy win they piss and crap the same way I do they just use those funny Euro toilet nozzle to wipe
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #387
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Holiday, Florida
Posts: 1,810
Default

I guess I was not meaning 'specifically' - just overall with road and oval racing, with racers in stock and sportsman and 19. Seems to be a common debate on both sides of racing where racers belong.
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #388
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

Mike,

You put on one of the greatest races of the year, but don't beat around the bush, You don't want to piss the racers or the sponsors off in any way shape or form. The intent of the 19t Rubber class for sportsman, not for A main caliber mod drivers, thats why there are 2 classes of 19t.

Eric has a point with the Euro cats wanting to run Rubber, but at the same time it is an integrity thing, and as we have seen from the past, racers or manufacturers left to thier own device will always ruin a good thing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder
I guess I was not meaning 'specifically' - just overall with road and oval racing, with racers in stock and sportsman and 19. Seems to be a common debate on both sides of racing where racers belong.
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #389
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Holiday, Florida
Posts: 1,810
Default

Should have a new update on-line soon. Please check the list racers and let me know if you see anything wrong or need to add a transponder, etc.
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #390
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,504
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder
Should have a new update on-line soon. Please check the list racers and let me know if you see anything wrong or need to add a transponder, etc.
about waht time because 24 dosen't come on 2nite
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless allowed at 2007 Snowbird Nationals EAMotorsports Electric On-Road 5 10-26-2006 12:26 AM
Possible changes to 2007 Snowbird Nationals Three Electric On-Road 77 10-09-2006 10:46 PM
Snowbird Nationals scarecrow Racing Forum 114 02-20-2005 07:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net