R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ko Propo VFS 1 Pro Esc. Need help

I just got a VFS 1 pro esc. and im trying to get it to work properly. When i set it to the radio it runs at what seems to be full throttle at half throttle and when you pull the trigger the rest of the way its dies down. Im using a M8 and all the settings are Straight up. It runs this way for about 30 t0 45 seconds and then the motor starts to die down pretty quick almost like the battery is dying. Im running a stock motor. I have both diodes on it. I ve tryed it without and made no difference. Thought it might be battery but battery was still fully charged. Not sure what else to try. Seems like the Fets are getting hot in the speedo. Any help or suggestions would be great.
Kal28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Im having the same problem with one of mine.. it also causes some major glitches. I havnt figured out what was wrong with it and im about to send it to ko
jtrcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal28
I just got a VFS 1 pro esc. and im trying to get it to work properly. When i set it to the radio it runs at what seems to be full throttle at half throttle and when you pull the trigger the rest of the way its dies down. Im using a M8 and all the settings are Straight up. It runs this way for about 30 t0 45 seconds and then the motor starts to die down pretty quick almost like the battery is dying. Im running a stock motor. I have both diodes on it. I ve tryed it without and made no difference. Thought it might be battery but battery was still fully charged. Not sure what else to try. Seems like the Fets are getting hot in the speedo. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Your best bet is to send it straight back to ko as there is more than likely a problem with it.....
Old 10-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal28
try this first...

1. set up a new model in your M8. a new blank one with all the throttle settings set to factory default.

2. bind the esc to the radio. (i.e. set the neutral, full throttle and full brake).

3. put your car up on a car stand and hook it up to a battery and try it out. try it without a pinion and see if the motor responds to your throttle inputs.

if this doesnt work, then you might have a blown fet. if you purchased it in the united states, contact Robert Morris at [email protected]

hope that helps.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
Tech Adept

mine responds but it feels like i only have half throttle.. iv tried practically everything with no positive results. Whats funny is this esc was ran in stock sedan only
jtrcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrcing
mine responds but it feels like i only have half throttle.. iv tried practically everything with no positive results. Whats funny is this esc was ran in stock sedan only
what radio are you using? make sure your throttle is set all the way up. try the instructions i mentioned above. if you still have problems. check your esc settings. make sure your throttle response (on the esc) is set to 0 and that your profile is one for stock motors.

the default profile for the VFS-1 is for mod motors which will make your stock motor feel "mushy" and lacking punch.

there is a VFS-1 thread with stock profiles posted on there.

here's a link:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2716119
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ok will try this

OK will try this and post back later with results thanks for the help guys.
Kal28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

mine felt the same way. the only way i could get it right was to turn the EPA on the Throttle up to 140%

But it works great!

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote