R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs6ef
That would be called 12th scale modified..... Out of all the classes that i race in, 27t stock(very expensive), 19t super stock(a little bit less expensive) and 12th mods(relatively cheap) this is the class that i enjoy the most because even though it is serious, it is great fun at the same time and if you need help like i did the other day a race meeting people are always willing to help, even thoughs who you are competing against....
I agree, mod has always been cheaper. You don't have to slog through 20 motors hoping to get a good one. With battery technology being as it is now nobody has to worry about run time anymore, unless you listen to the guys that want to extend race times (which would bring batteries/battery prices back into the mix again BAD IDEA)
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:48 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
The real problem is no one knows how to drive anymore cause we are all on here flapping our fingers!
lol

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOlds
Those tires are hot! Anyone try em? Whats the grip like? Hate to try them and they stick like drift tires.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #34
Tech Master

How about larger tracks? A good way to get people to gear their cars and make sure they get optimal performance out of their cells is a larger track. If a track is "normal" size, of course there will be mishaps(crashes). What got me to using Li-Po was watching a kid here in ny running an XRAY on Li-po against nitros. He had to make sure he geared that puppy because they went for twenty minutes and he stuck right there with them. anyone????

Old 10-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
10th scale
4 cell
Direct Drive
GT bodies
15 turn motor!

Quick, nimble and cheap....

I like it!!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:37 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Backwards to the Future?

Why is it everybody thinks the future of cars is about restrictions and limits.

This makes no sense. Remember when Nascar only ran speeds of a little over 100 mph. Now look they reach in excess of 200mph. Then what do they do, they add restrictor plates, slow everybody down and have all the cars go the same speed then watch the carnage. I understand they want to keep racers from getting killed but more drivers have a potential of getting in accidents because of too close of racing, by hitting each others bumpers to push the car in front of you. So really restrictions didn't reduce the risk of accidents but actually increased it! Hey, I know fans that are disappointed if they don't see any accidents at a race. Is that what it's come to? It's all about entertainment for the spectators?
I think the future of RC cars is more about getting the same rush you get from the real thing. Go faster, brake harder and push the limits of the cars traction around the corners to where they are on two wheels! Now that's a rush!
Challenge the designers and engineers to make RC cars faster and react more like the real thing! Don't go backwards and slow everything down! If that happens watch what happens to the hobby! It will slow down right with it!
Dudes!
It's all about the need for speed!!
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote