R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default yes it is...

Bradir, I don't own a Pro4 nor any other tc brand except Serpent s400's. But regarding HPI Pro4 which my top competitor is driving on our weekend races here All I can say is in the hands of a good driver this car is superb.

You can say it's a battle between belt vs. shaft here on weekends so i look forward every friday. Take care of your kit, gather important parts and you'll reap what you sow in the end.

ayuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Stay Serpent...
sandrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

The Pro4 is very competitive against the current TC's out there. It really depends on setup and how comfortable you are with a certain chassis that makes it work for you. I have ran the Pro4 on and off for the last 4-5 years and I still go back to it and run just as competitively with as with my other TC's. I have won more regional events and series with my Pro4 than any other chassis that I have used. I am going to update it with the new cyclone suspension arms and see what that does. It is a shaft drive cyclone after all
Team Sweepracing-R1 Wurks Team Canada
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Which Cyclone arms fit the Pro4? The newest Cyclone arms I hope. My biggest concern are the diff gears as they wear out. Parts will become more and more scarce I'm afraid. The car was fast though last Saturday. Two stupid mistakes in the 3rd qualifier cost me a higher spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
The Pro4 is very competitive against the current TC's out there. It really depends on setup and how comfortable you are with a certain chassis that makes it work for you. I have ran the Pro4 on and off for the last 4-5 years and I still go back to it and run just as competitively with as with my other TC's. I have won more regional events and series with my Pro4 than any other chassis that I have used. I am going to update it with the new cyclone suspension arms and see what that does. It is a shaft drive cyclone after all
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #19
Tech Elite

All of the suspension parts from the inner hinge pin out are interchangeable- just go for the newest TC arms as there are more lower shock mounting holes and are also made of a slightly different material(hardness)
Old 09-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Made the A Main today with two fast guys. One had a Cyclone and the other a Corally '09. Fastest lap was a 13.3 and their fastest was 13.0. I broke in the freakin' main but was running second before I did. I would surely say since coming back from not racing for two years today was my best day. The car is just about the kit set up besides the rear shocks down one hole. Tekin RS, Express Dou2, KO radio, Mazda Speed 6, and RP 30s.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Default Nope, never was.

Nope, never was. A shaft drive only works well with a fixed diff gear (spool, one way diff, gear diff). The floating ball diff gear creates too much on power friction.
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Huh, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry White View Post
Nope, never was. A shaft drive only works well with a fixed diff gear (spool, one way diff, gear diff). The floating ball diff gear creates too much on power friction.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Huh, what?
Yep. You heard it right. Those badly engineered Pro4, TC3, TB Evo's Cuda's only worked becouse they had good factory drivers at the right time. The only potent electric well engineerd car is the Durango becouse of the gear diffs.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #24
Tech Elite

I disagree as I just put the car in the A main and was .3 off the fast lap of the day and averaged the same lap times as the top 2 drivers. Qualified 3rd.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I disagree as I just put the car in the A main and was .3 off the fast lap of the day and averaged the same lap times as the top 2 drivers. Qualified 3rd.
Well thats a good result but with a belt car you would simply be faster.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #26
Tech Elite

So, if the Pro4 is not competitive but I consistantly place top 3 with TQ's and wins with good regional drivers attending weekend event races, how many tenths would you say I could pick up with a current belt car....say a Cyclone TC or the Tamiya 416WE?? My Pro4 has never let me down but is time to try the 416WE, what should I expect for a performance gain.....3-4 tenths in stock or superstock?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
So, if the Pro4 is not competitive but I consistantly place top 3 with TQ's and wins with good regional drivers attending weekend event races, how many tenths would you say I could pick up with a current belt car....say a Cyclone TC or the Tamiya 416WE?? My Pro4 has never let me down but is time to try the 416WE, what should I expect for a performance gain.....3-4 tenths in stock or superstock?
Well given the same surcomstance I'd say yep but there are so many factors. There's only one thing for sure. It'll have less friction and U will be faster.