R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2003, 05:08 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to kevin2
Default Quasar pro VS. pulsar VS.turbo 35

HI i have a ionic now and i just got some some 3300s and they take 4ever(almost an hour)at 4 amps so i was lookinh at the quasar pro,Turbo 35, and the pulsar.I have a limit of $300.00 with the power supply.
kevin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 05:38 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

get the quasar pro and you won't need a power supply. The turbo 35 will set you back almost $400 and that doesn't include the power supply. The Pulsar is about the same price as the quasar pro and you still need a power supply.
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 05:46 PM   #3
CGR
Tech Regular

Another very good option is the CE Turbo Pitbull. $140 plus power supply ($80-100). I had a Quasar Pro and Millenium pro, both are nice but occiasonally false peaked with my GR3300 and 3000HVs. The pitbull has never false peaked with them.

Last edited by CGR; 02-10-2003 at 05:48 PM.
CGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

the Pulsar has a few good features, like motor run in, ability to power lathes, and dc soldering irons, plus, can charge(duh) discarge, and cycle, well the other 2 can also
Old 02-10-2003, 07:49 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have a pulsar and a pitbull and they work very well with all my batteries ranging from old 2000's to matched 3300's. I like th pulsar best because of all the things it can do. Power my lathe, break in my motor, discharged...etc. The pitbull is straight up pro like easy to use charger. I use to have a novak pro with so called argorythym thingy and all it did was false peaked and I could not even adjust the peak detector thing cause it was suppose to do itself.
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:44 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just got a pulsar today and I love it. It actually makes the batteries punchier and it has tons of features that have already been mentioned.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:23 PM   #7
Tech Champion

But I've heard some bad things about the "extra" features of the pulsar. Why only a 10 amp discharge? I also heard the motor run feature was pretty much useless. I've heard it's a great charger but forget the "extra's"
Old 02-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
But I've heard some bad things about the "extra" features of the pulsar. Why only a 10 amp discharge? I also heard the motor run feature was pretty much useless. I've heard it's a great charger but forget the "extra's"
Give it a try first before you make assumptions.
I don't know why the discharge is ony 10 amps. I myself use a bulb with at least 20 amps. But the motor run in works really well, it power's up my motors for break in and for using the lathe.
I have use the matching to see what batteries that I have are poor and the ones that are great.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:47 AM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

izzyracer- Matt doesn't have to try it himself since most of his friends (me and other racers in Sac) have the charger and give him great input on it. The discharge is useless unless you're doing aa or something that small. The motor run is only good for powering a lathe and even then it's not up to par as setting the volts at 5 isn't a true 5volts. It's a great charger and that's about it. The other feature's (to me) are tyco type feature's.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:42 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to kevin2

thanx guys ithink i am going to get the quasar or the pulsar but probley the quasar cuz of the power supply
kevin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:51 AM   #11
Tech Champion

When a certain factory LRP, Losi, Trinity driver that shares my first name says it's a good charger and that's about it, I really don't need to try it myself to get a picture of what's wrong with it.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:04 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Matt, so your saying that a certain pro driver that shares your first name who is sponsored by LRP who makes the Pulsar told you that the charger is great but the extras is crap? hmmmm

Hey guys! I think everyone has there own opinions about different products and what people say about a certain item you are thinking of getting is what we usually go by. I just like to listen to people who has actually use them and not from someone who hasn't.

I think what's more important is get the charger that fit your needs. You already have a power supply get the pulsar and rake the other benefits or you can get the pitbull for solid performance. If you don't have a power supply then get the Quasar. It's a great charger to, he only had to send it back twice because of malfunction due to poor wiring...but again I don't own it so I don't really know...you dig.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef

Integy 16X7 Pro, pretty no-non-sense discharge to at 20a fully adjustable, no need for a power supply. Won't run peripherals lathe or motor run in but when you get to that point your gonna buy a Rivergate anyway. imho
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:37 PM   #14
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you find the Pulsar's motor run in, and discharge only at 10amps function useless...Well, check www.lrp-electronic.com. They now have a Pulsar SPORT Yup Sport version of the competition and all it does is it charges the batts....That's all...!! So i guess it will be cheaper and a good charger like the Pitbull...
TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:39 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef

16X7 pro on ebay 149.00 a bit noisy but i love mine
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote