R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepull
i think it will bring some more excitment to the race. and some motivation @ vegas out of 8 b mains a total of 12 drivers skipped there race.

well alot of times the reason why a racer will miss the B and lower mains is because they are running two or more classes and a lot of times with the same car and they dont want to risk any damage to the car.

it also gives them more time to relax and prepare for the A mains

i have also seen racers not run their mains to help out their teammates

and like it or not it is more important to win the A then it is to win the B or C

We're going to skate to one song and one song only!
Dave Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermbuster
It helps to bring B main racers skills up a notch.....It also keeps A main racers on there toes......

most of the time the B main at national level events are loaded with top notch racers in any class.

i think all recers are on their toes...............i dont know anyone that reces to qualify or finish 10th

Old 10-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
so what exactly are we tring to reward here?

ok example a driver isn't in the a yet. in his last heat he is on a tq run and with 30 sec to go he get into it with a lapped car which causes him to loose time and he ends up 19th. but he clear has a fast car. with the bump up if he can win the b. he gets into the a and gives him a shot to take the win.

how cool would that be. what a story for the underdog.
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
most of the time the B main at national level events are loaded with top notch racers in any class.

i think all racers are on their toes...............i dont know anyone that races to qualify or finish 10th
with this new system an A main racer who finishes 10th....goes to the B main....now they will be on there tippy toes......
I like giving underdogs a chance to win......
Thinking about it it will make qualifying more exciting as well....nobody will want 10th place.....
Bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #20
Tech Master

Quote:
well alot of times the reason why a racer will miss the B and lower mains is because they are running two or more classes and a lot of times with the same car and they dont want to risk any damage to the car.

it also gives them more time to relax and prepare for the A mains

i have also seen racers not run their mains to help out their teammates

and like it or not it is more important to win the A then it is to win the B or C

with a b main bump up now they have a chance to make another a.

this brings something up I wonder about. in oval a lot of racers have a car for each class they run.

why don't the touring guys do this?
Old 10-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #21
Tech Adept

The heats must be pre-sorted or at least stacked from practice times. I isn't any fun for the fast guys nor the newer guys. It is like sending F1 cars out there with lawnmowers... nothing good comes from the large difference in speed.
insideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
with this new system an A main racer who finishes 10th....goes to the B main....now they will be on there tippy toes......
Thinking about it it will make qualifying more exciting as well....nobody will want 10th place.....

excellent point I couldn't agree more. we need more excitement in these big races. i see several battles that can happen here. you'll have the battle for tq the battle for 9th and the battle for 19th. lot of action. and i can imagine the underdog who makes the top 19 runs a clean b main takes the win and then goes on to run a clean a main and take the win. that would be huge!!!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideline
The heats must be pre-sorted or at least stacked from practice times. I isn't any fun for the fast guys nor the newer guys. It is like sending F1 cars out there with lawnmowers... nothing good comes from the large difference in speed.
i believe the way the snowbirds and many other large races set the heats is by how you did last year. like if you were in the a then you'll be in the a qual till the first resort. but if a guy who was in the a last year isn't there then they go to the first guy in the b.

me personally would like to see all races just set the heats then run 2 rounds resort. it's the same for everyone.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepull
ok example a driver isn't in the a yet. in his last heat he is on a tq run and with 30 sec to go he get into it with a lapped car which causes him to loose time and he ends up 19th. but he clear has a fast car. with the bump up if he can win the b. he gets into the a and gives him a shot to take the win.

how cool would that be. what a story for the underdog.

if the racer was on a TQ run then he would not be the under dog he would just be a fast racer who had some bad luck.

in your scenario you would be giving the ten racers in the b main a fifth qualifier.what about the racers in the c and d mains?

you are also moving the racer in 10th down one main in every main so if you made the b you are now in the c and so and so.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:

its hard enough to make the main once and now you want him to make it twice

Old 10-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #26
Tech Master

whatever Bowser maybe we should type it out in crayon so you can understand!!!!!!!

1st not my scenario it's Mike Boylans scenario.

2nd
Quote:

you are also moving the racer in 10th down one main in every main so if you made the b you are now in the c and so and so.
so what. b main bump up will make qualifing mor exciting for everyone.

Quote:

you need to goto the local dirt (big cars) track and watch. then you will have a better understanding of how bump ups work.

Last edited by davepull; 10-08-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:54 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm a firm believer in bump ups and personally think the way r/C qualifying is done is kind of rediculous.

There should be less qualifying and more main. 3 quals, 4 quals, 10 quals...ONE main...silly.

Qualify top 8 cars for the "A", qualify (8) cars for ALL mains, and bump 2 up from each. Reward PERFORMANCE.

Also, get a head count of those who are NOT going to run their LOWER mains, and STACK all the mains. If 3 guys are not going to run their "D" main, move 5 from the "E" up. IF ALL the SNOWBIRDS mains were packed, and all those who chose not to run them were eliminated from the line up, the mains would go twice as fast because several races would be eliminated.
Things are headed towards a return of the SWT Series, but for
2017 the focus will be on the Encino Velodrome (and dirt oval racing)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #28
Tech Master

SWTOUR i never understood why people don't run the main. for the most part it's Im not in the A so who cares. the day I stop caring is the day I stop racing.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:52 AM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Talking

Well our club currently runs 8 car mains locking in the first 7 with a 1 car bump up in each main on down, and it works great. we are now going to try 10 car mains with a two car bump. We will see how that works. Our local club averages 55-60 racers each friday night and we seperate it for heat to no more than 8 cars and it makes for much cleaner racing.
Just thought I would put my only 2 cents in.
Thanks Mike
www.norarcoval.com
TEAM VENOM. Batteries that Last.
Team FAT and the Furious and Turners the Furious. Right Adam?
pumbaapig5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #30
Tech Master

WOW... thanks for all the discussions. I am in PA racing this weekend and just got on-line to check things out. The big thing I want to create is an exciting 'last chance' or 'bump day' feel on Saturday. It might be real exciting for the crowds to see the action. Plus the big plus if we can do the B-mains on Saturday = and with only 1 round of road and oval = we will be done around 9pm Saturday. Then racers can have a good night. Maybe a big pool party - with a band.... Sunday we would have about 15 less races to run and be done at 630 and not 900 maybe.... so there are pros and cons to both. I think oval is going to 8 car mains for Nationals now so that won't be a problem since we lock in 9 and bump up 1.... so road is the only big issue with only locking in 9. Really it comes down to 1 guy upset and 9 happy. Trying to mix things up and have some fun when it all comes down to it. Thanks again!

Mike
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote