Wiki Posts
Search

4 cell mod tourer

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
5 minutes shouldnt be a problem , I made 6 minutes running the Novak 3.5 with the 4200 pack! Im sure we can do it at superiors, I already talk to 2 other racers that are interested in running it! and the lap times are very close to running with the 6 cells
Yeah I see this at Superior in mod: alot of over-correcting in the infield, loss of control, seeing the end of the straight and the motor is still not fully wound-out to it's potential because of the length of the straight (it could go faster but there's no room left). I could see the times being close. I'm not saying it will become a class but it could, at the club level it would be good for plenty of reasons .
Old 10-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Yeah I see this at Superior in mod: alot of over-correcting in the infield, loss of control, seeing the end of the straight and the motor is still not fully wound-out to it's potential because of the length of the straight (it could go faster but there's no room left). I could see the times being close. I'm not saying it will become a class but it could, at the club level it would be good for plenty of reasons .
maybe Ill make it to stricklands on sunday
Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Team br00d is purely a hobby for me.....it loses money every month.....not because we are doing stuff wrong, but because I spend money to WIN.....I don't WORK in this industry, I simply own a company in it, one that I don't need to put food on the table for my kids.....it's pretty common knowledge that I am well off and br00d is just me having fun.

My bias is towards winning.....plain and simple.

And as a TRACK OWNER I guess you would have to say I am biased towards keeping people in the hobby. I talk to these guys all the time.....rarely have I ever heard of anyone say they quit cause they keep losing and even then, I can tell its bunk.

Some people quit cause they simply decided they don't have fun at the hobby like they hoped to.....some lose interest because something else caught their eye. Nobody did anything wrong, just some people choose to leave, but people always want to point fingers and figure they have to have something to blame.

RC will always be expensive.....brushless motors will have the flavor of the month just like brushed.....but instead of paying $30 for a stocker, you get to pay $60+....if you are looking for a cheap hobby.....I would suggest looking into Rock/Paper/Scissors or Cup stacking.....both have world championships on ESPN.

And I will be selling a brushless shortly.....and will continue to sell brushed motors......and my team will continue to beat brushless motors on a daily basis.

Later EddieO
Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
....if you are looking for a cheap hobby.....I would suggest looking into Rock/Paper/Scissors or Cup stacking.....both have world championships on ESPN.

Later EddieO
LOL!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

And I will be selling a brushless shortly.....and will continue to sell brushed motors......and my team will continue to beat brushless motors on a daily basis.

Later EddieO

no offense but your team wins on a regular basis because they can drive, for example Billi E. can buy a motor of the shelf of any hobby store and still win
Old 10-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, it doesn't work like that at the biggest national races.....beating the top dogs like Mike Blackstock, Ralph Burch, Chris Tosolini, etc takes the combination skill, equipment, and preparation....not just one.

Later EddieO
Old 10-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Well, it doesn't work like that at the biggest national races.....beating the top dogs like Mike Blackstock, Ralph Burch, Chris Tosolini, etc takes the combination skill, equipment, and preparation....not just one.

Later EddieO
well if you say so
Old 10-20-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
Hi Guys

Ok I just got an email from Masami about how 4 cell testing is going in Japan, they have been testing everyday for a few weeks now, they sent me a starting set up for the Japan Nats

Ok, this is a quote from Masami...We are running 5 turn, expect duration to be 30 seconds short, but with fresh race packs 5 minutes is ok but close.

Does not sound to me they way to get Johnny unsponcer'd good driver to the top!

Chris
The above quote is from a post Chris Grainger made on another forum...

Cell war anyone?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Like we dont have that already...

If guys like Masami barely can hold it going for 5 minutes, how will Joe Average get through 5 min.?!?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen

If guys like Masami barely can hold it going for 5 minutes, how will Joe Average get through 5 min.?!?
I ran my Cyclone with 4 cells (4200's) and running the novak 3.5 brushless motor geared at a 8.48 fdr I manage to get 6 minutes. I also install a very small receiver pack just incase.The lap times were very close to my last weeks run and I ran the 4.5 with 6 cells.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen

I havent tried it with a brushed motor so maybe that makes the difference in run time.