R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Errrr can you tell the BRCA that please ,coz they are under the impression that`s the way to go & they are trying to get it in over here for next year
this will be following the EFRA body group, the IFMAR then mars bar then etc etc
and least of All ROAR will follow suit to fall inline
they are all trying to slow the cars down some what

different story ,different thread methinks

4 cell will sneak it`s way in some where
I agree that 4 cell might sneak its way here somtime eventually. Just like is has for the Japenese Nats. But look at the batteries that we have now, yea they might try to slow down the cars but instead of everyone running 7 turns, everyone will be running 4-5 turns to make up for the lost Voltage...so whatever they end up doing im sure itll be fine.
Josh Numan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:09 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Numan
...so whatever they end up doing im sure itll be fine.
That is so true what ever they dish up in the rule`s the racers will just adapt to it & get on with it end off
there be a few that come on forums & blast away ,but in the end racers will evolve with the rules & restrictions
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:37 AM   #48
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to volracer

After reading the initial release, I understood the chassis to be special because of the two levels of carbon fiber.

As for the wheelbase, the releases have said:"Equipped with front/rear short reversible suspensions", this makes me believe that it will have altered suspension arms to achieve the short wheelbase liike the TA-04SS. Which if you put normal arms on it yoou would have a standard touring car wheelbase.

The cantilevered centerlayshaft is interesting. A means of moving the massive batteries closer to the center. Will the TA05 center one way work?

"Paint with new Polycarbonate Spray Paint PS-54 Cobalt Green"?; looks like it is molded in color.

"Motor and ESC separately required", no just a fasiniation of toys.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JAY_UK

That is a sweet car, but i agree, i cant see it replacing the 415. One thing it will give us though is a front diff with the new pullys to run on the MRE!
JAY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:40 AM   #50
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by volracer
As for the wheelbase, the releases have said:"Equipped with front/rear short reversible suspensions", this makes me believe that it will have altered suspension arms to achieve the short wheelbase liike the TA-04SS. Which if you put normal arms on it yoou would have a standard touring car wheelbase.
I don't think you'll be able to fit standard suspension on this car if you tried...
The suspension shafts are way shorter than standard.. I just fit the LWS on my TA05, and it took 9mm of spacers to take up the slack.. looking at the pics, there's maybe only 4-5mm worth of spacers..

Last edited by Jam-ehz; 10-06-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Numan
Thats like saying Brushless is taking over completly....Not happening ANYTIME soon, Just like Li-Po's and or 4 cell racing isnt ganna be happening anytime soon......if ever....
For your sake I hope your right.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #52
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGaryK
At the TCS in Memphis this year, I broke on 12-15 runs. Countless A-Arms, steering knuckles, front uprights, bent hinge pins, you name it.
But Gary Chen Wa wasn't even there? LOL!

Did you get your battery holder?

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #53
Tech Master

Quote:
After reading the initial release, I understood the chassis to be special because of the two levels of carbon fiber.

The cantilevered centerlayshaft is interesting. A means of moving the massive batteries closer to the center. Will the TA05 center one way work?

"Paint with new Polycarbonate Spray Paint PS-54 Cobalt Green"?; looks like it is molded in color.

"Motor and ESC separately required", no just a fasiniation of toys.
the short LW suspension doesn't change the wheelbase only the track width.

Also if you looked at the other pictures you'd see that the bodyshell is ABS so it's not intended for racing, and comes already painted.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #54
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK
That is a sweet car, but i agree, i cant see it replacing the 415. One thing it will give us though is a front diff with the new pullys to run on the MRE!
i don't know what you're on about mate, but tamiya already make a front diff for the MRE, and the one from this car will certainly not fit the MRE.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #55
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
That is so true what ever they dish up in the rule`s the racers will just adapt to it & get on with it end off
there be a few that come on forums & blast away ,but in the end racers will evolve with the rules & restrictions
i definately see 4 cell being a big hit.i have been researching this and it turns out that it is still fast.modified touring can run a 7x1 and still be faster than the most insane 19 turn.thats still fun in my book.when running mod we can go back to copper brushes,get 10 runs without cutting comms,and have more people in each class being that 19 turn would pretty much be the new stock class.19 turn and mod could be the only 2 classes and we can split it into novice and pro and actually be able to fill the classes.i definately see this coming pretty soon.im all for it.no more heat problems and less work on cutting comms on race day.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to volracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
the short LW suspension doesn't change the wheelbase only the track width.

Also if you looked at the other pictures you'd see that the bodyshell is ABS so it's not intended for racing, and comes already painted.
What I was trying to say was that this suspension could be like the TA-04SS, which had unique rear suspension arms that were mounted on a standard TA-04 chassis. Thes unique arms created a sharter wheelbase. Maybe this kit will come with unique suspension arms, which if replaced by regular TA-05 compatible arms could make the car a good racer.

It is such a high tech chassis to have a fragile ABS bodyshell. But the pictures appear be a finished lexan or ABS.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #57
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
It is such a high tech chassis to have a fragile ABS bodyshell. But the pictures appear be a finished lexan or ABS.
Straight from their site....

About the Model

2-belt driven 4WD high performance R/C of the Porsche Turbo RSR Type 934
Special chassis is based on TA05, and features 230mm wheelbase and carbon fiber double deck layout, cantilever center shaft
All-new precision-crafted aluminum front, rear, and center bulkheads
Front/rear ball differentials, with a gear differential in the center
Equipped with front/rear short reversible suspensions
Durable and lightweight polycarbonate body shell
Headlights and tail lights can be fitted with LEDs (sold separately)
Paint with new Polycarbonate Spray Paint PS-54 Cobalt Green (sold separately)
Motor and ESC separately required.

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
What I was trying to say was that this suspension could be like the TA-04SS, which had unique rear suspension arms that were mounted on a standard TA-04 chassis. Thes unique arms created a sharter wheelbase. Maybe this kit will come with unique suspension arms, which if replaced by regular TA-05 compatible arms could make the car a good racer.

And what I am sying is they are not unique suspension arms since they ARE used in the TB Evo 5 and the only difference is their length NOT any change in the wheelbase. They wouldn't be reversible if they changed the wheelbase by the way.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
i definately see 4 cell being a big hit.i have been researching this and it turns out that it is still fast.modified touring can run a 7x1 and still be faster than the most insane 19 turn.thats still fun in my book.when running mod we can go back to copper brushes,get 10 runs without cutting comms,and have more people in each class being that 19 turn would pretty much be the new stock class.19 turn and mod could be the only 2 classes and we can split it into novice and pro and actually be able to fill the classes.i definately see this coming pretty soon.im all for it.no more heat problems and less work on cutting comms on race day.

shall we start a seperate thread called `4 Cell?/Good or Bad `??
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
shall we start a seperate thread called `4 Cell?/Good or Bad `??
You do that and you will have 98% of racers against it for no other reason than not knowing any better. The same thing happen when oval talked about changing to 4 cell; all the racers bitched and moaned.....Guess what; it saved the class and was the single best thing that ever happened to oval

98% of racers don't really know what's best for them and that is why r/c racing works in cycles