R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #46
Tech Regular
 
Josh Numan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Errrr can you tell the BRCA that please ,coz they are under the impression that`s the way to go & they are trying to get it in over here for next year
this will be following the EFRA body group, the IFMAR then mars bar then etc etc
and least of All ROAR will follow suit to fall inline
they are all trying to slow the cars down some what

different story ,different thread methinks

4 cell will sneak it`s way in some where
I agree that 4 cell might sneak its way here somtime eventually. Just like is has for the Japenese Nats. But look at the batteries that we have now, yea they might try to slow down the cars but instead of everyone running 7 turns, everyone will be running 4-5 turns to make up for the lost Voltage...so whatever they end up doing im sure itll be fine.
Josh Numan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:09 AM   #47
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Numan
...so whatever they end up doing im sure itll be fine.
That is so true what ever they dish up in the rule`s the racers will just adapt to it & get on with it end off
there be a few that come on forums & blast away ,but in the end racers will evolve with the rules & restrictions
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:37 AM   #48
Tech Regular
 
volracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison, Alabama
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to volracer
Default

After reading the initial release, I understood the chassis to be special because of the two levels of carbon fiber.

As for the wheelbase, the releases have said:"Equipped with front/rear short reversible suspensions", this makes me believe that it will have altered suspension arms to achieve the short wheelbase liike the TA-04SS. Which if you put normal arms on it yoou would have a standard touring car wheelbase.

The cantilevered centerlayshaft is interesting. A means of moving the massive batteries closer to the center. Will the TA05 center one way work?

"Paint with new Polycarbonate Spray Paint PS-54 Cobalt Green"?; looks like it is molded in color.

"Motor and ESC separately required", no just a fasiniation of toys.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #49
Tech Adept
 
JAY_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Yorkshire - UK
Posts: 135
Send a message via MSN to JAY_UK
Default

That is a sweet car, but i agree, i cant see it replacing the 415. One thing it will give us though is a front diff with the new pullys to run on the MRE!
JAY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:40 AM   #50
Tech Addict
 
Jam-ehz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by volracer
As for the wheelbase, the releases have said:"Equipped with front/rear short reversible suspensions", this makes me believe that it will have altered suspension arms to achieve the short wheelbase liike the TA-04SS. Which if you put normal arms on it yoou would have a standard touring car wheelbase.
I don't think you'll be able to fit standard suspension on this car if you tried...
The suspension shafts are way shorter than standard.. I just fit the LWS on my TA05, and it took 9mm of spacers to take up the slack.. looking at the pics, there's maybe only 4-5mm worth of spacers..
__________________
-=≡ Tamiya TA05 TRF415MSX F103R M-03R M-04 M-05 ≡=-
-=≡ CRC Carpet Knife 3.2 OFNA LD3 Pro Fastcats Spektrum ׀ווlı ≡=-

Last edited by Jam-ehz; 10-06-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #51
Tech Addict
 
MrBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Numan
Thats like saying Brushless is taking over completly....Not happening ANYTIME soon, Just like Li-Po's and or 4 cell racing isnt ganna be happening anytime soon......if ever....
For your sake I hope your right.
__________________
TEAM ORION - AVIONICS - KYOSHO - KO PROPO - PEAK

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #52
Tech Addict
 
MrBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGaryK
At the TCS in Memphis this year, I broke on 12-15 runs. Countless A-Arms, steering knuckles, front uprights, bent hinge pins, you name it.
But Gary Chen Wa wasn't even there? LOL!

Did you get your battery holder?
__________________
TEAM ORION - AVIONICS - KYOSHO - KO PROPO - PEAK

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #53
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by volracer
After reading the initial release, I understood the chassis to be special because of the two levels of carbon fiber.

As for the wheelbase, the releases have said:"Equipped with front/rear short reversible suspensions", this makes me believe that it will have altered suspension arms to achieve the short wheelbase liike the TA-04SS. Which if you put normal arms on it yoou would have a standard touring car wheelbase.

The cantilevered centerlayshaft is interesting. A means of moving the massive batteries closer to the center. Will the TA05 center one way work?

"Paint with new Polycarbonate Spray Paint PS-54 Cobalt Green"?; looks like it is molded in color.

"Motor and ESC separately required", no just a fasiniation of toys.
the short LW suspension doesn't change the wheelbase only the track width.

Also if you looked at the other pictures you'd see that the bodyshell is ABS so it's not intended for racing, and comes already painted.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #54
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK
That is a sweet car, but i agree, i cant see it replacing the 415. One thing it will give us though is a front diff with the new pullys to run on the MRE!
i don't know what you're on about mate, but tamiya already make a front diff for the MRE, and the one from this car will certainly not fit the MRE.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #55
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
That is so true what ever they dish up in the rule`s the racers will just adapt to it & get on with it end off
there be a few that come on forums & blast away ,but in the end racers will evolve with the rules & restrictions
i definately see 4 cell being a big hit.i have been researching this and it turns out that it is still fast.modified touring can run a 7x1 and still be faster than the most insane 19 turn.thats still fun in my book.when running mod we can go back to copper brushes,get 10 runs without cutting comms,and have more people in each class being that 19 turn would pretty much be the new stock class.19 turn and mod could be the only 2 classes and we can split it into novice and pro and actually be able to fill the classes.i definately see this coming pretty soon.im all for it.no more heat problems and less work on cutting comms on race day.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #56
Tech Regular
 
volracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison, Alabama
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to volracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
the short LW suspension doesn't change the wheelbase only the track width.

Also if you looked at the other pictures you'd see that the bodyshell is ABS so it's not intended for racing, and comes already painted.
What I was trying to say was that this suspension could be like the TA-04SS, which had unique rear suspension arms that were mounted on a standard TA-04 chassis. Thes unique arms created a sharter wheelbase. Maybe this kit will come with unique suspension arms, which if replaced by regular TA-05 compatible arms could make the car a good racer.

It is such a high tech chassis to have a fragile ABS bodyshell. But the pictures appear be a finished lexan or ABS.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #57
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,394
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by volracer
It is such a high tech chassis to have a fragile ABS bodyshell. But the pictures appear be a finished lexan or ABS.
Straight from their site....

About the Model

2-belt driven 4WD high performance R/C of the Porsche Turbo RSR Type 934
Special chassis is based on TA05, and features 230mm wheelbase and carbon fiber double deck layout, cantilever center shaft
All-new precision-crafted aluminum front, rear, and center bulkheads
Front/rear ball differentials, with a gear differential in the center
Equipped with front/rear short reversible suspensions
Durable and lightweight polycarbonate body shell
Headlights and tail lights can be fitted with LEDs (sold separately)
Paint with new Polycarbonate Spray Paint PS-54 Cobalt Green (sold separately)
Motor and ESC separately required.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #58
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by volracer
What I was trying to say was that this suspension could be like the TA-04SS, which had unique rear suspension arms that were mounted on a standard TA-04 chassis. Thes unique arms created a sharter wheelbase. Maybe this kit will come with unique suspension arms, which if replaced by regular TA-05 compatible arms could make the car a good racer.

It is such a high tech chassis to have a fragile ABS bodyshell. But the pictures appear be a finished lexan or ABS.
And what I am sying is they are not unique suspension arms since they ARE used in the TB Evo 5 and the only difference is their length NOT any change in the wheelbase. They wouldn't be reversible if they changed the wheelbase by the way.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #59
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
i definately see 4 cell being a big hit.i have been researching this and it turns out that it is still fast.modified touring can run a 7x1 and still be faster than the most insane 19 turn.thats still fun in my book.when running mod we can go back to copper brushes,get 10 runs without cutting comms,and have more people in each class being that 19 turn would pretty much be the new stock class.19 turn and mod could be the only 2 classes and we can split it into novice and pro and actually be able to fill the classes.i definately see this coming pretty soon.im all for it.no more heat problems and less work on cutting comms on race day.

shall we start a seperate thread called `4 Cell?/Good or Bad `??
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic
 
P-DUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
shall we start a seperate thread called `4 Cell?/Good or Bad `??
You do that and you will have 98% of racers against it for no other reason than not knowing any better. The same thing happen when oval talked about changing to 4 cell; all the racers bitched and moaned.....Guess what; it saved the class and was the single best thing that ever happened to oval

98% of racers don't really know what's best for them and that is why r/c racing works in cycles
__________________
Larry Pryor
P-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monster Mamba Max Sneak Preview Edumakated Electric Off-Road 13 04-05-2008 07:16 PM
Zeppin Racing 12TZ3 Dark Force Ceramic Sneak Preview rskoncepts Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 54 06-08-2007 08:44 PM
Preview of CRT.5 :) dabiddo Singapore R/C Racers 6 03-14-2007 04:45 AM
Mouseover Preview Lon_L Electric On-Road 2 11-01-2006 04:34 PM
sneak preview of new magazine Cartman Web Links 0 02-06-2003 03:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net