R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2006, 02:59 PM   #166
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

bvolts - 15-20 cars heats are possible on 50 second 1/8th off road track but on most on road tracks 10 is the absolute maximum.

I know where you are coming from on qualifying for Nationals but on this point you are in the vast minority. Guys dont have to quailfy to race the IIC, Cleveland, The Reedy Race, The Snowbirds, etc. If a guy wants to fly to a ROAR Nats to get to see all the fast guys and wants to run and have fun I welcome him.

FYI, You will NEVER find a pro driver that says that guy should not be allowed to run.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #167
Tech Master

Who has fun at a NAts? The Guy that uses is vacation and spends 4 Grand on going? Right. The reason he wants to go to the Nats is that Regionals mean NOTHING. If there was some prestige in winning the regionals they wouldn't have to fly across the country. And what region doesn't have a regional for that class?

And if you didn't make the regional, why should you be entitled to go to the premiere event in the US? You have family obligations, then sorry you chose that over racing. What if I wanted to stay home and do nothing, should I be able to go to the Nats?

Those who don't qualify for the Olympics don't get to show up. Treat the regionals with more respect and people may actually try to practive and move up in rankings. ROAR is something that you should have to try to be good at. If you want to waste money and fly to a big race, then go to one of the 10 races that aren't ROAR and do that, I'm not complaining about the Snowbirds, Nitro Challenge, IIC or anything like that. They aren't what the problem is, yet a result of people not caring about other races.

PUT a ranking system so somebody has a goal.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:33 PM   #168
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
Who has fun at a NAts? The Guy that uses is vacation and spends 4 Grand on going? Right. The reason he wants to go to the Nats is that Regionals mean NOTHING. If there was some prestige in winning the regionals they wouldn't have to fly across the country. And what region doesn't have a regional for that class?

And if you didn't make the regional, why should you be entitled to go to the premiere event in the US? You have family obligations, then sorry you chose that over racing. What if I wanted to stay home and do nothing, should I be able to go to the Nats?

Those who don't qualify for the Olympics don't get to show up. Treat the regionals with more respect and people may actually try to practive and move up in rankings. ROAR is something that you should have to try to be good at. If you want to waste money and fly to a big race, then go to one of the 10 races that aren't ROAR and do that, I'm not complaining about the Snowbirds, Nitro Challenge, IIC or anything like that. They aren't what the problem is, yet a result of people not caring about other races.

so let say that someone like Barry B. is out sick and doesnt make it to a regional race, is it fair to keep him out of the Nationals??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #169
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
bvolts - 15-20 cars heats are possible on 50 second 1/8th off road track but on most on road tracks 10 is the absolute maximum.

I know where you are coming from on qualifying for Nationals but on this point you are in the vast minority. Guys dont have to quailfy to race the IIC, Cleveland, The Reedy Race, The Snowbirds, etc. If a guy wants to fly to a ROAR Nats to get to see all the fast guys and wants to run and have fun I welcome him.

FYI, You will NEVER find a pro driver that says that guy should not be allowed to run.
Sorry we have a different view on the number of cars in the race... Beat the Heat in Memphis, the run line was around 750 feet, Nitro Sportsman had 15 cars in the main, the first two rounds had 15 cars in all classes, it worked very nicely..... Part of the issue, is you should have to deal with traffic, in this race, whent the leaders came up on me, I step out of the way, no issues from me. I know newbie have not learned to do this, they get punted. If you step out, you gain repect, and I have had it returned to me in the same maner. To add to this, I think the heats should be 2.5 mins, and the mains sould be 10 mins, but hey that is just my view.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
so let say that someone like Barry B. is out sick and doesnt make it to a regional race, is it fair to keep him out of the Nationals??
Personnely I think everyone that makes it to the A Main, is automatic in for next year, the winner is in for the next 5 years. 2nd is in for the next 4 years and 3rd is in for the next 3 years. But like I said, this is just my view...

And this does not mean they will run it, but if the choice to, they can.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #171
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

I think it should be like motorcycle racing , if its the national race is held somewhere ,give the locals a chance to race it , like a "wild card" let them run a couple of qualifiers and if they qualify let them race the main .
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #172
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Tracks get a "flat fee" for Nationals from ROAR
Actually here is what ROAR gets out of each entry fee for a national. It is under section 3 for their portion. Then another 15% of the entry fees collected by the deadline must go towards the trophies as per section 20 of the above guidelines. The rest is at the discretion of the track to spend on improvements or keep as profit.
National Guidelines

If you are refering the the price cap on the entry fee, then you are mistaken on what a flat fee from ROAR is. For the track does not receive any revenue from ROAR to host the event. The tracks revenue(profit or lack there of) comes from the number of entries filled for the event.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #173
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J

No, this is where it has to be in combination with a ranking system. I don't want Barry at the Regionals, unless he loses his "pro status." Which is why you need to have a Pro and Amateur system in place. Prevents people from being paid Amateurs...like every other sport. Once you get a dime for racing...you are in the pros...if you suck or not.

And to address the cost difference. I don't think $100 for a Nats entry is bad, if the event was run well, ended early and had some accomidation so it looks like we actually are professional.

Most already cough that up for the IIC, and some other races.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Actually here is what ROAR gets out of each entry fee for a national. It is under section 3 for their portion. Then another 15% of the entry fees collected by the deadline must go towards the trophies as per section 20 of the above guidelines. The rest is at the discretion of the track to spend on improvements or keep as profit.
National Guidelines

If you are refering the the price cap on the entry fee, then you are mistaken on what a flat fee from ROAR is. For the track does not receive any revenue from ROAR to host the event. The tracks revenue(profit or lack there of) comes from the number of entries filled for the event.
..not anymore, now the Nationals are going to be run under the ROAR RMT, although looking at the minutes for the 11/06 meeting looks like they increased the flat fee (which was $3,000.00) for number of entries over 150 ...not sure to what though that isn't in the minutes.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #175
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB

Wow. well said. ROAR should make its NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP the most improtant race of the year. If you make it stand out with a different format (qualify or invite), that sets it apart from all the other races of the year.

If the points series or rankings are set into motion, that, along with regionals, becomes a way to make club and local racing mean something. The Nationals becomes a goal. We spend thousands of dollars doing this stuff, why not make it more organized and exciting?

As far as those who may not have a regional, make it just like the worlds. If you don't have a regional, or cannot attend your race, go by resume.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:33 PM   #176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

One solution that comes to mind would be to have a set number of entries for Nats - say 150. 100 of these would be reserved for people who qualified at the regional level. The other 50 would be on a first come first serve basis. Obviously the numbers can be tweeked however you see fit, but would at least give some the oportunity to sign up without qualifying. Just my .02 cents
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #177
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

By the way, there are some great ideas floating around in here. If we can get ROAR to incorporate some of this, we could really have a new era of racing on ALL levels.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #178
Tech Regular

HarshGuy, I stand corrected. I knew the RTM was going into full effect in 2007, but didn't realize(didn't read those new guidelines, not completely yet just revied this portion so far) that much will be under their control.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:40 PM   #179
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk
As far as those who may not have a regional, make it just like the worlds. If you don't have a regional, or cannot attend your race, go by resume.
Just have provisionals.
DrOlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #180
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
..not anymore, now the Nationals are going to be run under the ROAR RMT, although looking at the minutes for the 11/06 meeting looks like they increased the flat fee (which was $3,000.00) for number of entries over 150 ...not sure to what though that isn't in the minutes.
The RMT also does not go to the Oval nationals. Roar doesnt see enough entries there to spend the time or money for those Nats. So oval tracks are left to fend for themselves.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote