R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Arrow why a battery for the receiver?

1- why some people use a seperate battery for the receiver?

2- Do professional racers solder and desolder the battery everytime they want to remove it?

3- I have the much-more discharger that I recently bought. Can I put the pack that I have assembled in the discharger or I have to seperate the batteries?

4- what does a stabilizer do?
halayli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halayli
1- why some people use a seperate battery for the receiver?

2- Do professional racers solder and desolder the battery everytime they want to remove it?

3- I have the much-more discharger that I recently bought. Can I put the pack that I have assembled in the discharger or I have to seperate the batteries?

4- what does a stabilizer do?
1 - It's to power the servo.
2 - Most top racers direct solder all wires, battery and motor.
3 - The CTX-D? You just need your pack in a side by side configuration. You don't need to completely take apart your pack every run.
4 - Anti-roll bars (sway bars) are for fine tuning suspension. It transfers weight to the opposite side of roll.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Anyone knows an article that explains about ctx and peak charge, and some information about discharging?

I also came across a new term to me "DSC" or direct server controller. What is its purpose? I have cut the female plug of the switch harness that came with the M11 to plug it in the NiCd battery and charge it using muchmore CTX.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Arrow

I want to know more about the electric part of the car. like wiring, resistance, interference, diodes, etc... how and when they are used. anyone can give me a good link related to this stuff?

Why some drivers prefer to have a seperate lipo battery for the servo connected to the receiver.

I also came across a new term to me "DSC" or direct server controller. What is its purpose?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
I also came across a new term to me "DSC" or direct server controller. What is its purpose?
It is a patch cord that runs from your transmitter to the reciever. It allows one to make radio adjustments to the car/radio without actually turning on the transmitter section of the radio. This is a feature that is used for people that are using crystals during races, or when you could possibly interfere with someone else's transmission. With the advent of 2.4 Ghz radio systems, DSM is now not needed as much any more.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:24 AM   #6
Tech Adept

I still have these not answered

I want to know more about the electric part of the car. like wiring, resistance, interference, diodes, etc... how and when they are used. anyone can give me a good link related to this stuff?

Why some drivers prefer to have a seperate lipo battery for the servo connected to the receiver.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:42 AM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
I still have these not answered

Its to power to servo.If you get the power from your battery (connected to the ESC) then when you car is dumping, the servo might not be as 'fast'.

And now a days with many Pro drivers using very low turns, so every juice count. And cars now are very underweight ( car < 1500g) so we can effort to put extra stuff into the car.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:51 AM   #8
Tech Adept

I have noticed that when I plug the lipo battery in the receiver, the throttle also takes from it, i.e. the motor makes a sound when I press the throttle and the 6cells arent connected. How can I ensure that only the servo uses the lipo battery.
I am using the sanwa micro receiver 431 that came with it, but it has no manual .
Old 10-05-2006, 03:23 AM   #9
Tech Adept

In other words, I need a manual for the rx 431 receiver. It's been a long time since I haven't practiced this hobby (8 years) because it was too costy for me (when I was 16 years old ). So I don't have a solid understanding of the car circuit setup although I have set it up and it is running now hehe.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Doesnt the DSC cable refer to the wire which goes from your controller to your receiver. Which means you can test the car directly without having to run off a frequency?

OOPS yep some one did answer that question :P
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:07 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
I have noticed that when I plug the lipo battery in the receiver, the throttle also takes from it, i.e. the motor makes a sound when I press the throttle and the 6cells arent connected. How can I ensure that only the servo uses the lipo battery.
I am using the sanwa micro receiver 431 that came with it, but it has no manual .
When using an Rx pack, use a switch to the Rx and leave the ESC switch in the off position, and/or remove the red wire from the connector that plugs into the Rx from the ESC. This will keep the system from using the BEC to power the Rx and steering servo. The ESC will still get it's power from the main battery.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote