R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Cyclone setup (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/131392-cyclone-setup.html)

brownviper1966 10-01-2006 11:57 AM

Cyclone setup

My HotBodies cyclone tends to turn right in straight lines whenever I pull the trigger. :confused:

First I thought my droop or right hight isnt the same for left and right.
I double checked and all the reading are the same.
I placed the car on a flat surface and lifted the front shock tower by the middle and noticed that the right wheel clears the grounds before the left. which means on throttle the back of the car dives for more traction and the fornt lift slightly resulting in the left wheel having traction and the right not having equal tracion, hence the car tends to turn right.
I checke the chasis and I dont think its tweaked, and as I mentioned the down stop, ride height and droop is the same for the left and right side of the front of the car.
Please, any ideas what could cause this and any cure would be appreciated

BillyCaldwell 10-01-2006 01:18 PM

You may get more responses in the Cyclone thread...

Here are somethigns to try:

Put your car on a flat surface and loosen all the topdeck screws untweak the car. Check your drive train for bearings that might be bad, bent driveshaft etc. If you have a spool up front and have bad bearings or other driveline probs will be amplified.

protc3 10-01-2006 01:57 PM

have you checked the tweak on a tweak station?you will need to do this to assure even spring tension for the given weight in each corner of the car.this is usually what will make the car drive funny.

brownviper1966 10-02-2006 12:43 AM

the car is near new,

I ve checked all the bearing and seem ok :smile: ,
I ve retried to loosen the top deck to tighten the screws in a zigzag fashion to ensure even stress. the problem is still the same :nod:.

my hunch about the wheels clearing the ground together at the same time is correct, right? or am I just being a bit paranoid :confused:

The thing left to try is I need a tweak station. Any recommendations?

cheers
Viper

protc3 10-02-2006 03:23 PM

there are a bunch of good tweak stations around.this is a must have and it is probably the problem.you are correct about the 2 tires should leave the ground at the same time.this is where the tweak station will help you set your spring tension to get it right. ;)

AngryAsian 10-02-2006 04:45 PM

If you find a flat surface you can un tweak the suspension by eye if you don't have the station to do it on.

Pretty simple really -

Lift the front up with the edge of a screwdriver. Watch each wheel coming up. Which ever side comes up first, add preload to the rear end of the car on the opposite corner. Half a turn on the collar is plenty. Drop the car and repeat. (dropping it lets the car settle). Check and recheck. Small adjustments matter.

Do for both ends and recheck your ride height. Adjust as necessary evenly on both sides. (Ie. to change your ride-height adjust the left and right shocks evenly to change height. Don't crank down on a single side. )

brownviper1966 10-08-2006 09:11 AM

thanks guys for the tips ;)

I rechecked the lenght of the shock shafts and they were slightly out. readjusting them seems to have fixed my problem.

OK

now to the other strange thing
the default camber setting is 1 degree.
I managed to set all the camber on the 4 corners of my cyclone.
However, on of the upper camber links seems to be very stiff, you can hardly move them . the other three are quite loose and there is a kind of movement to them which seems ok.
I wonder, why is the corner in question behaving in such a way?

regards
viper