R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Need an ESC...HELP! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/131219-need-esc-help.html)

AWK 09-30-2006 12:22 AM

Need an ESC...HELP!

Looking to get a new ESC for my car and not sure what to get. I had been using a Novak TC2 but that...died. Trying to consider all options since I typically just stick to the same brand. I have been looking at the Novak GTX since I worked with a lot of Novak stuff before. Any opinions? Other options:
- Novaks
- LRPs
- KO Propo
- Tamiya Volac

Let me hear your thoughts!!! I will be using it for 19T spec racing at Tamiya in the TCS next season.

Anthony.L 09-30-2006 12:28 AM

Best bang for the buck is the Futaba MC800C which is a rebadged LRP QC2 for much cheaper. It's $129 at Tower Hobbies.

The Novak GTX and the KO Propo VFS-1 are always good choices.

Skiddins 09-30-2006 04:01 AM

What about the MRT, I know they're in the UK, but plenty of US guys have them, and one was so impressed he's now the US importer! :D , EAMotorsports!

MRT Thread on RC Tech

Main MRT Site

Skiddins

ralph_c 09-30-2006 10:11 AM

I too can recommend the MRT. I've had an MX since they came out and its been absolutely faultless. Very easy to set up and waterproof all for a very competetive price. It also has a very useful grid start function which can gain you a couple of places in the finals. I would definately consider it as an option. :nod:

porschejim911 09-30-2006 10:14 AM

Where all in the states can they be bought? I didn't see them on the EA website.

Originally Posted by Skiddins
What about the MRT, I know they're in the UK, but plenty of US guys have them, and one was so impressed he's now the US importer! :D , EAMotorsports!

MRT Thread on RC Tech

Main MRT Site

Skiddins

YR4Dude 09-30-2006 10:17 AM

Check this out!

Moped Speedo

hierog 09-30-2006 10:24 AM

the vfs's and the volac are the same - someone correct me if i'm wrong. i've switched from the Quantum 2's to the vfs pros and if you like the ability to have total programming control over your speed control, then KO PROPO is the only way to go

vic

Skiddins 09-30-2006 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by porschejim911
Where all in the states can they be bought? I didn't see them on the EA website.

Have a look in the MRT thread I posted a link to, then PM EAMotorsports.

Skiddins

20 SMOKE 09-30-2006 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Check this out!

Moped Speedo

that is the same one that slick zero sell's but they are not restocking them

Oasis 09-30-2006 03:58 PM

That's a great price, I just am not familiar with that brand. For stock and 19 wind that spedo would be perfect.

Scottmisfits 09-30-2006 04:11 PM

I've been running the Twister 2.0 which is the KO ESC. I ran it in offroad for two seasons now, and onroad coming into it's second season. I would highly reccomend the Twister 2.1 as well. Apparently the only difference between the two is a thermal shutdown.

I have never had a bad experience with any ESC's. I really do knock on wood when I say that because I know it's just a matter of time.

Oasis 09-30-2006 04:52 PM

I have had some "problems" with some GM's V12's...Oh and a V9 (I think that was the model number).I "smoked" 2 of them in one day... :cry: The first one was not the fault of GM, It was during practice I was running a 9x2 mod and *someone* tossed his nitro onto the straight (the end...you know the fastest section) without looking...I hit that car so hard that it just blew the receiver and speed controller into pieces... :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: It just destroyed the car. I did bring another car so I ran it for a few laps and the speed controller for no reason went to full throttle and from the way it sounded a cap exploded and the speed controller caught fire, smoke was coming out of the car...it was actually sorta of funny...in an expensive way... :cry: ...The V9 had a thermal shutoff. The problem is that it's set at 124 degrees...the track temp where I race at in the summer is in the 150's. anything over stock it would shutdown... :flaming: ...No more GM's for me... :lol: ...Goes for full size cars also... :lol:

Matt Howard 09-30-2006 04:58 PM

MRT Thread on RC Tech

Main MRT Site

Skiddins

I've got my second MX Pro on the way, very happy with my first one.

rcnewb2004 09-30-2006 07:36 PM

I would recommend the KO VFS-1 Pro Competition (aka Hara Twister 2.1).

You need the cable to program the esc, but it is an AWESOME esc. It's amazing in terms of adjustibility, more adjustable than all the esc's out there.

If you race wet, then I suggest the MRT, everyone I have heard that has used one has never had water problems.

SlowerOne 10-01-2006 01:06 AM

MRT Thread on RC Tech

Main MRT Site

Skiddins

Another vote for the MRT here - now lowest on resistance of any brushed speedo. Increased my run time over a Quantum. Very pleased, now have two!