Dave Chappelle hooked on RC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dave Chappelle hooked on RC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

So far his family has purchased a RC car from us, but not a touring car. They have, however, shown interest. I think anyone racing is good, and if it happens to be a celeb, then great.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:56 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

I love watching his show... mad funny!! It would be cool to see him at a race.

biiir......
Old 09-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

When I was in H.S and worked at a Hobby Shop in Chicago we had DMX and R Kelly stop in once and a while along with a bunch of other rappers that ran with them. They use to drag race nitro cars some place on the south side of Chicago for big bucks. They spared no expense when it came to RC cars. There was an episode of MTV cribs with some young rapper on there and he pulled out a duffle bag and had a Nitro 4-Tec or HPI Nitro car in there and said this is what he really races. We also had Bears and Bulls players stop in and buy planes, helicopters, boats and just about anything else. There are celebrities out there that are into this but none really that get any air play about it.

Maybe Chappelle will do something to bring some sort of exposure to RC car racing.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I have seen on espn before,,, maybe last summer. They did a segment on Ben Wallace and he and the neighborhood kids would be racing in his basement and a track he had in his backyard.

Now that he is in chicago kevin you should get him to show up at a midwest allstar series event
Old 09-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by santinuchi
Cicarello, Herrmann, Goetz, Blackstock and not in any particular order....need I go on, Huang, Adams, both of them, Mackin, Usnick, Morgan, Mangionie, Pavlic, Barrett, Billanti, and the list goes on and on.......We are going to purposly leave off the celeb list that dude who said and I quote " If I wouldnt have moved I would have made the show at the IIC" Most of us know who he is but whats funny is that he doesnt recognize who he is himself"

And Chubbs!!!!!!!!! I didnt forget ya dude!!!!!!!!!!
When did Billanti become a celeb..??
Old 09-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
When I was in H.S and worked at a Hobby Shop in Chicago we had DMX and R Kelly stop in once and a while along with a bunch of other rappers that ran with them. They use to drag race nitro cars some place on the south side of Chicago for big bucks. They spared no expense when it came to RC cars. There was an episode of MTV cribs with some young rapper on there and he pulled out a duffle bag and had a Nitro 4-Tec or HPI Nitro car in there and said this is what he really races. We also had Bears and Bulls players stop in and buy planes, helicopters, boats and just about anything else. There are celebrities out there that are into this but none really that get any air play about it.

Maybe Chappelle will do something to bring some sort of exposure to RC car racing.
Speaking of R Kelly and Chappelle, remember when D.C. did the spoof on R Kelly.... the "music video" I wanna pi$$ on you ? Nothing short of amazing . Chappelle is still the man.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Ben Wallace shops at Superior Hobbies usually. We have built his cars for years. Nice guy.

Dante Culpepper, Wayne Taylor, Mike Sigel, and others have ventured into the store. Not all names mentioned are super stars, but if you know what they do then you know they are big time. Many NASCAR drivers have ventured in as well during Daytona each February.

Jeff
Old 09-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When I worked at Orange Blossom Hobbies in Miami, we had a few regulars coming in. Edgerin James (before he was drafted), Aronde Gadsden (Dolphins), and Drew Rosehaus to name a few. I even got to help out Rick Mears. It took me like five minutes to realize where I knew his face from.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Even if he was he would only get into it for 2 years be super dialed get a huge sponsorship then just leave for no apparent reason j/k it'd be neat to race against someone whose fame is derived outside of the R/C industry. I heard Tony Stewart stopped by the snowbirds and ran some laps... good luck with everything

Tony owns one of the longest running r/c companies.. Its called custom works.. he has also been racing dirt oval for many years.. i belive he has won some large races as well..He comes to the snowbirds almost every year..

he also owns truespeed, which is Paul lemieux's motor and battery..
Old 09-29-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Even if he was he would only get into it for 2 years be super dialed get a huge sponsorship then just leave for no apparent reason j/k it'd be neat to race against someone whose fame is derived outside of the R/C industry. I heard Tony Stewart stopped by the snowbirds and ran some laps... good luck with everything
dont you remember when Tony Campos (the bass player from STATIC-X ) used to race at CB's track ? OC CURCIT
Old 09-29-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Ben Wallace comes out to race Nitro sedan and 1/8 onroad in the Richmond, Va area every now and then. I know will see a few ballers racing at 301 in MD.
Thank Chris Whitney for that. He put together an amazing track, for real. We had Swauger and his MTV crew out for a few races. Pretty cool
Old 09-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Carson Palmer is into R/C boats, Tony Stewart comes to the Indoor Champs in Cleveland every year, Carl Edwards was at the 'Birds and ran some laps this year. There are a ton of full-scale racers that run R/C stuff, not just the NASCAR guys. Tomas Scheckter ran a couple times at Hobbytown Indy before they shut their track down. Arie Luyendyk(sp?) was actually Dutch national Champ in 10th scale pan car back in the late eighties or early nineties. The number of crew/engineers on race teams that do this stuff is even greater than the number of drivers, they just don't get a ton of time to actually show up at an R/C track and race due to their incredibly demanding schedules.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Here is cool video of Carl Edwards racing the Snowbirds last year:

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/videos/2006carl.mov
Old 09-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Comedian Rhondell Sheridan (sp?) I think he has a show on animal planet now) used to come to Tamiya every weekend he was super cool and really nice to everyone. Chappelle I know is a skateboarder and as I know personally as you get older and you can't skate as good as you use to and you look for other outlet's I know that is what led me to R/C.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrBlack
Comedian Rhondell Sheridan (sp?) I think he has a show on animal planet now) used to come to Tamiya every weekend he was super cool and really nice to everyone. Chappelle I know is a skateboarder and as I know personally as you get older and you can't skate as good as you use to and you look for other outlet's I know that is what led me to R/C.
DITTO....rc is less stress on the joints for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.