R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 66
Default

RcMarket, that light is rechargable, right?

I may explain what I prefer :

Bright (like the Ott light (some of my friends have it))
Small size (I have a bit tight of space in my bag, so it should as small as possible)
Good looking (saw that the Orion and MuchMore lamp is made of aluminium

That the lamp only has 12v is a minus, so I'd prefer what Orion is offering...
Is the Orion and MuchMore lamp of the same size?

Please, if you know other pit lamps, don't hesitate to show 'em
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #32
Tech Regular
 
durtbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: planet X in a distant galaxy
Posts: 386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
RcMarket, that light is rechargable, right?

I may explain what I prefer :

Bright (like the Ott light (some of my friends have it))
Small size (I have a bit tight of space in my bag, so it should as small as possible)
Good looking (saw that the Orion and MuchMore lamp is made of aluminium

That the lamp only has 12v is a minus, so I'd prefer what Orion is offering...
Is the Orion and MuchMore lamp of the same size?

Please, if you know other pit lamps, don't hesitate to show 'em
The Orion and the MuchMore lamps are about the same size, the Orion has 3 LED'S, the MM has 20 or 25 somthing like that....... much brighter. I have an Ott, it outshines them both. pun intended.
__________________
AW HELL RICKEY, I WAS HIGH WHEN I SAID THAT!
durtbag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #33
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtbag View Post
The Orion and the MuchMore lamps are about the same size, the Orion has 3 LED'S, the MM has 20 or 25 somthing like that....... much brighter. I have an Ott, it outshines them both. pun intended.
So you recommend the Ott light even if it's a bit bigger than the MuchMore and Orion?
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #34
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I have the Ott on my workbench at home.
Take the MM to the track, the less I have to carry the better.

A friend of mine has the ORION light, and it puts out a similar shine to my MM, it's not the amount of LED that makes the difference.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #35
Tech Regular
 
durtbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: planet X in a distant galaxy
Posts: 386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
So you recommend the Ott light even if it's a bit bigger than the MuchMore and Orion?
I like the Ott, but the the replacement bulbs are spendy. You can buy an Orion for just a few bucks more than the bulb...... that is my only negitive about the Ott. LED lights should last forever, something like 100,000 hours. Having said that LED lamps don't seem to iluminate as large of an area, LED is very directional. Flouesent bulbs are very fragile and don't stand up if not packed well. Each have their Pros and Cons.

I feel that size does not matter.
__________________
AW HELL RICKEY, I WAS HIGH WHEN I SAID THAT!
durtbag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #36
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtbag View Post
I like the Ott, but the the replacement bulbs are spendy. You can buy an Orion for just a few bucks more than the bulb...... that is my only negitive about the Ott. LED lights should last forever, something like 100,000 hours. Having said that LED lamps don't seem to iluminate as large of an area, LED is very directional. Flouesent bulbs are very fragile and don't stand up if not packed well. Each have their Pros and Cons.

I feel that size does not matter.
Is it really common that the flousent bulbs get damaged during transportation, or just if you're really unlucky? I mean, do you have to buy new bulbs every now and then?

The lifetime of the bulb in general shouldn't be a big problem, I mean, flousent bulbs do still last about 10,000 hours

It feels like the Ott lite is a better choice, I mean, if you by a pit lamp, you want it to be bright, and if the led lamps ain't bright enough then there's no point bying them Or have I missed something now?
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Under car lights head lights and tail lights dvargas Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography 24 05-30-2008 11:22 AM
Pit Space? TylerOwenby Georgia Racing 42 11-06-2007 01:46 PM
CS space charger and CDC 6.0B {VIC_RDX} Australia For Sale/Trade 4 07-25-2007 06:36 AM
too many not enough space sloshedmr_bones R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 05-06-2007 12:06 PM
Some clean out of my pit space tlxxx4driver R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 03-03-2006 05:47 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:30 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net