R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2003, 11:54 PM   #1
Tech Adept

LRP PULSAR COMPETITION vs EAGLE RACING CDC VER6/b

I am deciding on the above, can some expert advise me on this?? The Pros and Cons of it, also the Comparision on theirs features.
bruisedwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 12:42 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

Are there also conditions for a charger that detects peak voltage better than others? Schulze's manuals suggested using a EMF tube to protect against interference.
eizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 01:20 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek

jus use alum foil to wrap the wire and it will protect it from the EMF(electro-magnetic field)...

i have the CDC ver6.0...
i find that it's veri nice and easy 2 use.the oni problem is that there is a glitch in their software when using the "Partical Charge" mode.u will need 2 'refresh' the setting everytime when u power on ur charger if u intend to use the "Partical Charge" mode...it's actually veri easy to do a 'refresh' on the setting...
it can discharge up 2 20amp compared to the pulsar 10amp...
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:13 PM   #4
Tech Regular

i was in your situation not long before christmas.. deciding on a new charger, but after posting here, many people said there montor run in feature was a tad shabby... so i went with the eagle cdc v6. i must say so far i am very impressed with it.. especially the boost feature. very sweeet

Rob Storey
Carbon_Fibre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:36 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am using PULSAR COMPETITION for my 3000HV for 6 weeks now. It is a good charger. Never false peak...but after 1 month, the blue backlight start to blink and dies. Also the motor run in is quite useless. I did report this to the place where i bought it. They reckon they will fix it if it is manufacture fault. But it will takes at least 4 weeks .... Take along time !!
I think they (LRP) should know this common problem because if you check on the forum at LRP site, there are many people with this same problem. They put lifetime guarante at the box, i thought they fix the problem ... but they don't.
My friend use CDC v6b got no problem so far.
For charger function, both are very good .. but the extra feature in PULSAR is not working.
Carbon fibre3 : What is boost feature ? Is this ok for 3000HV ?
b_budianto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #6
Tech Regular

the boost feature discharges your pack, and then charges... this increases the capacity in the pack.. it does get the cells warm.. so it is imperative that you dont chage, then boost straight away..

i normally charge my packs before i leave home, and just boost (really its like repeaking .. but with a bit of a discharge first) before each heat..

lol i hope its ok for 3000HV... lol thats what i use..

Rob Storey
www.topkartcomer.com.au
Old 02-08-2003, 05:51 AM   #7
TC3
Tech Regular

well the boost funktion is nothing special..
i have the pulsar, and can discarge the packs befor charging too..
the pulsar is the better charger because it is small and lightweight, and my batterys now have very much punsh

and the pulsar has the best features e.g. Powerful (up to 9 A), continuously variable output voltage from 2,0 to 7,2V.

maybe the first series had a few problems with the LCD display´and the motor run in, but the new series dont!
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:12 AM   #8
Tech Regular

calm down pal.

i'd never need a charge of 9A.. i barely go over 6A for nimh.

so its suits me fine.

the new versions mite cop it sweet, but how do u knwo which one u get?>
Old 02-08-2003, 07:46 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Both will charge your cells just fine, go with the one you like the look of.... I'd go CDC over that ugly blue thing.
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 07:52 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

where can you buy the Eagle??
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #11
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

www.integy.com
TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 05:01 PM   #12
Tech Regular

I'd suggest you get the INtegy because I have an Integy charger and i Think it's great!
NeO-pRo-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by ijnek
jus use alum foil to wrap the wire and it will protect it from the EMF(electro-magnetic field)...

i have the CDC ver6.0...
i find that it's veri nice and easy 2 use.the oni problem is that there is a glitch in their software when using the "Partical Charge" mode.u will need 2 'refresh' the setting everytime when u power on ur charger if u intend to use the "Partical Charge" mode...it's actually veri easy to do a 'refresh' on the setting...
it can discharge up 2 20amp compared to the pulsar 10amp...
how do you do the refresh of settings????? I really dont understand the statement..."there is a glitch in their software when using the "Partical Charge" mode.u will need 2 'refresh' the setting everytime when u power on ur charger if u intend to use the "Partical Charge" mode" Can you please elaborate?

Last edited by bruisedwillis; 02-08-2003 at 06:29 PM.
bruisedwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 04:28 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i use the pulsar.have heard of MANY problems/complaints regarding the "USELESS' motor run-in.
i DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.
i dont get any fake voltage read-outs.
however my LCD does flicker A LOT which is not good.the backlight is not entirely readable either, especially in the darkness where it is supposed to have worked.
it charges fine.i DO get false peaks with my 2400 nicads.even a brand new INTEGY(maybe they made something to their cells to make them NOT work on LRP chargers..hehe) matched pack(im pretty sure it's a false peak)
i dont have too many NIMH's to give a fair comment.
10A discharge do suck as compared to 20A BUT truth is since the Pulsar can only discharge 4-8 cells u cant use it to match a single cell anyway....so u can just use it to discharge b4 charging.
one factor quite important but in another sense totally useless is that MANY TOP RACERS USE Pulsar(including Hara and Surikarn) out of CHOICE and they like it.
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:41 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek

well,...
there's a menu where u choose "charge,discharge or User Menu".The "user menu" is where u set the settings for the charger and u jus need to access tat menu and go through all the setting again to "refresh" it.
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote