Pro 4 on the way!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro 4 on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Since RCCA actually submits their reviews to the manufacturer prior to publishing, I'm not surprised that any threads that could be even construed as critical would be deleted. . .sucks, but not surprising. It's one major reason why I like this site!!!

I would buy a TC3 or even an XXX-s before I bought a Pro2. The Pro2 is just too old. You'll be better off with a newer product. I am not even sure how much support you're going to find for the Pro2. . .esp if they're working on releasing the Pro4. . .
Old 02-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default In my opinion WRXpilot...

I thought the Pro 2 was a great car, other than its hard to work on compared to other kits and at that time a person had much upgrades to pick from. Now you won't find the parts.

I have had many cars, but you just can't beat the value in the Sport TC3. Its a great car, and its easy to find a set up. They also now added the light outdrives with the kit. Best car on the market at a price of $159.00. Only things I sometime up grade would be a Pengiun bumber, shiny front cvds, IRS alum input shafts, and the blue aluminum center shaft (mostly because it looks cool for $7) Maybe down the road I would get a Trinity's baby blue screw set. What I said above puts this car over the top. Plus you get tires and a race body with the kit.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default I got kicked off the RC zone site.

Figures... I'll never BUY a RC CAR Action again. FASTHARRY did you get kicked off to? Man, I did not even really say anything.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

You guys continue to forget to add one thing to you pro 4 wish list.

i hope the pro 4 has continueing developement after release ( i dont mean fixing the shit they sell us.. ) but i mean things liek xray have done. c hub kits to pillow ball, etc, meaning full tuning items that ARENT nesacary to make the car perform but are handy if you wish your car to react in a certain way.

I also hope HPI gets decent importer in aus.. but thats a different story

if you guys can decifer what i rote.. i hope u get wot i meant. ..

if not.. i can at least say i tried.

Rob Storey
www.topkartcomer.com.au
Old 02-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default I'm think of making the car I want...but

I am not sure how. I think I would have to start by cuting my own chassis and upper decks. Does anyone think you could change the Pro 2 to the Pro 3 motor layout with the second belt down the center? I would would also want to change the front rear bulk heads. Perhaps cut them in half and screw the two halfs together so it would make it easier to disassemble the diffs. Any thought on how to do a project like this? This is the car I want.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yep it's really easy...... buy an MR4 special, YM34T, or ym34sel.....LOL
Old 02-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Carbon_Fibre3 - your wishes have already been granted, we have a new distributor for all Aussies, plus our R&D team is commited to continuing development on the car after is release to keep up with developments to come in the pro electric TC field.

Boomer - I don't know why all the RCCA posts were deleted about the Pro 4, we did not ask them to delete them, that's all I know. Also, while some of the magazines try to fax us the articles on the cars before they are published (for fact checking), it hasn't happened in quite a while, so the mags are basically publishing whatever they will. Even when they did fax the articles, we would only make suggestions to correct certain facts (like if they listed a wrong part number, etc.). We never tried to change the outcome of any of their test articles.

WRXpilot - RCzone is owned by Air Age, which owns RCCA - try a little research!

IMPACTPLAYR - your predictions may be wrong, watch out what you post without knowing anything of the car.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Frank how come their are less and less hpi venues every year. I would like to attend but they are to far away..
Old 02-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default Frank my friend...

do you know anything about scientific content analysis? Well, lets just say that its a tool "we" use to detect "interesting" content of written statments. I won't go into the details, but let me ask you a two questions just between us. First, did you alone contact R.C.C.A.? Second, was there some friction when you talked to the R.C.C.A. rep? Third, lets just say you know more about what happened to some of those deleted posts. Anyway, its a done deal.

Well, I'm sure you know what I want in a Pro 4, but if you can improve the durablity of the shaft car (like the Pro 2), I'll applaud your design staff. Good luck with the Pro 4.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 02-18-2003 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

just a few questions and remarks frank.

I saw the prototype car in RCCA ad it had a very nice carbon fiber dual deck layout, will this remain or will it have an molded chassis like the TC3 or XXX-S?

The thing i liked about my Pro 2 on top of the cool design was that it included a lot of quality goodies for the price; i paid like 240 for it back then. aluminum shocks, MIP CVD's, some molded carbon graphite pieces, etc. One of the many reasons why i didnt like the direction Pro 3 & other HPI kits were headed.

With that in mind, any list of specs for the car yet, like type of shocks included (please say no more plastic shocks for a "Pro" kit), other materials, etc.?

Last comment is that I'm glad HPI decided to re-enter in the competitive end of the touring car segment. Just kinda a shame it didnt happen sooner.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Frank- Make a liar out of me----- PLEASE!!! I loved my pro and, pro 2.... I a so glad I never bought a pro 3, if I did I would probably....no definately have very bad feelings towards your company. I would love to see an ultra competetive car coming from your factory, BUT however all I have to go on is past experience......

The main problem is in the US we have 2 types of tracks...... Fast, BIG, usually flowing outdoor asphalt tracks (usually parkinglot), and tighter, faster, smallish indoor carpet tracks...... Building a car that works extremely well on both right from the box (with tuning))...... The pro 2 worked well on the smaller, tighter tracks , and I would assume the pro 3 campained better on the larger of the tracks.......
Old 02-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

WRXpilot - RCzone is owned by Air Age, which owns RCCA - try a little research!
Ah, well, that's it then. I knew the connection was there, I just wasn't sure of the nature of it. I'm not trying to criticise it either, it's just an explanation as to why there is more moderation over there. Unless you're a completely subscriber-supported mag, at some level there has to be a compromise that keeps your advertisers hapy while also telling your subscribers what they need to do to make smart purchases. Having an open internet forum invites a lot of trouble, I'm suprised they do it at all, even having taken out most of the direct references to the mag. I'm also glad they do it, there aren't all that many forums for R/C that have major traffic.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

KINGJZ - there aren't less and less each year, we've had 4 races each year the past 3 years or so.

Nightbreed - I'm not sure what you're talking about but if you're talking about the post deletions in the RCCA forum, I already said we did not contact them about removing the posts.

icon - I don't know what the precise layout or included parts will be and can't comment on it even if I did. According to our own press release, though: "The Pro 4 will use the highest quality materials & will have a high standard specification..."

IMPACTPLAYR - I wasn't saying you were lying, just that your prediction may be wrong specifically:
"the new HPI car will <snip> never be:

Light weight
Graphite version"
Old 02-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yes, I hope you prove us wrong Frank.

I know companies like to go with molded parts, but there are a lot of people that like graphite plates. I would like to see the Pro 4 with graphite plates with the Pro 2 arms, c-hubs, and spindles. I don't care much about having lighest car on the market, but I do want everthing in molded graphite parts. I want to be able to smash my competitor to pieces.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Frank :: Will you be able to showcase or demo a Pro4 at each of the HPI Challenge races? Please!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.