Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro 4 on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The TB01 was released before the TC3, and it's drivetrain (TG10) was around before the TC3 was even a concept vehicle......
Old 02-15-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

there wer the TTECH Predator before...not sure what year, 1996 or 1997
Old 02-16-2003, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Why do people make like AE invented shaft drive. (figure of speaking) I've heard good and bad things about TC3s. They are fast, but they are less durable than others. You might say that is a non issue with experienced drivers who don't crash, but in this hobby where anything can happen I think extra durability doesn't hurt no matter who you are. And it not like the pros don't hack up their cars anyway.

The Pro 3 really seems to have made a lot of people into naysayers. I am not sure, but weren't a lot of people naysayers when Tamiya entered the game? Well guess what? Eventhough some people think Surikarn got lucky, it still just goes to show that the car competative at the world level. Especially when people counted them out completely from the beginning. I think it's cool that there are new cars coming out. I liked the Pro3, my only gripe with it was that it didn't come in a "factory team" kit. I am cheap, I don't like to pay full price for upgrades.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the very innovative design of the pro3 made me want to buy it in the beginning (but at that time i stopped r/c), had a lot of problem wich u can just fix with money, but hpi takes risk at least to introduce something new whic were working (with money again )
Old 02-16-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Cool time will tell

But I'll say it again.. I have my money on HPI in the next year... ( flame suit on )

-Dave
Old 02-16-2003, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

copy or not...if HPI can correct the existing problem with th TC3 (chassis tweak, torque steer) that's an accomplishment in itself. At the Reedy race last year Hara had a chassis that had two different motor mounting locations that he was testing which he said had different effects on the car. HPI knows (I hope they do) that they have to hit this one out of the ball park because of the Pro 3 disaster. If not they can kiss it good bye on the racing scene. Delaying the release of the car to get everything right is not bad at all. People forget that the TC3 took about a year to come out after they announced the car so that everything was done correctly. I guess we'll have to sit back and wait until that time comes.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by STLNLST
copy or not...if HPI can correct the existing problem with th TC3 (chassis tweak, torque steer) that's an accomplishment in itself. At the Reedy race last year Hara had a chassis that had two different motor mounting locations that he was testing which he said had different effects on the car. HPI knows (I hope they do) that they have to hit this one out of the ball park because of the Pro 3 disaster. If not they can kiss it good bye on the racing scene. Delaying the release of the car to get everything right is not bad at all. People forget that the TC3 took about a year to come out after they announced the car so that everything was done correctly. I guess we'll have to sit back and wait until that time comes.

Well put STLNLST

-Dave
Old 02-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

If HPI even improves on the TC3 design, I could care less if people call it copy or whatever. Theres not many ways you can configure a shaft car anyways without calling it a copy of "that or this."

Competition is good for business and good for us. It pushes the company to build a better product and the average Joe racer benefits from having a better car. Be glad there are so many touring cars to choose from...
Old 02-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Leon
I think it's cool that there are new cars coming out. I liked the Pro3, my only gripe with it was that it didn't come in a "factory team" kit. I am cheap, I don't like to pay full price for upgrades.
u aint cheap brother ur like me.
my hopes(not demands,not gripes,not recommendations) for the Pro4 is a graphite kit ,full options,shaft driven and kick ass performance FOR ...$250-299...cos anymore and i'll seriously hate HPI for making me wait while i could've had the TB Evo3 right about now.
dammit i spent more than 200 bucks on top of the 150 i paid for the pro 3 and still i aint got a hara yet(JDM i envy thou)
Old 02-17-2003, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by lee82gx

Dammit i spent more than 200 bucks on top of the 150 i paid for the Pro 3 and still i aint got a Hara yet(JDM i envy thou)
Don't feel bad..just think.. I put the same amount into my HARA ....

-Dave
Old 02-17-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

I think the pictures of the Pro4 seems very promising.

Things I would like to see in the kit: Durability. Easy maintenance. Easy access to adjustment.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Unfortunately I hate to burst a few bubbles, but the new HPI car will be:

Durable
easy to work on

BUT it will never be:

Light weight
Graphite version

Your talking about a company that charges $15-$20 for graphite bits and only makes few parts in graphite and doesn'y even offer up a conversion kit to make your car graphite, so that you have to spend $120 just to get arms, hub carriers, c-hubs, and spindles....... and another $45 for C/F shock towers that should be in the kit in the first place!!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default You know your right impactplayr...

HPI will never do any of those things and that is why so many people flame them. And they wonder why.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 02-17-2003 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Default I can't beleive Radio Car Zone website caved in...

They deleted nearly every page much like this one. What a crock. I can't beleive you can't say your opnion on their site. Websites that chatter to the company more than the user should be put down. Sounds like a moderator buy off. The power of the people went down the tubes their anyway. Thanks Rctech for the freedom of speech.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 02-17-2003 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, RCZ seems to be very closely associated with RCCA, so I'm not surprised they don't allow as free discussion about this sort of thing. They no longer have the forums that directly pertain to the magazine, but I'm sure the connection is still there, and dictates what is and isn't allowed on the site to a large degree.

As for this subject, I'm thinking about getting a TC, and I've considered picking up a used Pro2. Is this worth doing, or am I going to have trouble finding parts (LHS isn't an issue since there is no LHS here unfortunately). I don't want to spend about more than $150, and my options seem to be a base-model TC3 or XXX-s (ie not the factory team or Graphite + versions, just the normal ones) new, or a used Pro 2, TC3, or XXXs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.