R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-08-2003, 12:23 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Yeah I can't wait to test the Car out. I hope they change the phillips screws though. I personally like the hex type better. I'm wondering, why does HPI decides to make the Pro 4 a shaft-driven car? Why all of a sudden go from belt to SHAFT?
NeO-pRo-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 07:05 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank McKinney
Mingfinity - that is the plan, a fully optioned pro-level car from the get-go.

The prototypes are nothing like the Pro 3 in flex and everyone feels very confident about the Pro 4. With a year of testing already (remember that Hara won the LRP Touring Car Masters last year with the prototype) and many more months of testing to come before release, the finished product will be very very refined. Our R&D guys are also commited to continual improvements to the car to address any issues and also to keep up with any advances that may come up.
ok the pro 4 may end up good but the question of the day is did hpi put that much effort,R&D,Time&Money into the nitro car?
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 07:58 PM   #18
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I really hope that HPI does indeed make a good comeback in both the electric and nitro scene.

I've raced and ran the Pro 2 before and at the time, was among the best cars I've ever had the pleasure of driving. Owned a Pro3 but quickly sold it. I felt HPI goofed up on the Pro3 big time.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 08:10 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by James Nguyen
It's ok Clint, I wont tell any of the guys. I am thinking about trying one also since Hara can help us with setups and stuff like that.
I'll deny everything if you bring it up to them.....lol Where were you today? You missed some great racing in expert stock. All that was missing was my Pro 4
Old 02-08-2003, 08:12 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

I was about to go out there after work today to check it out but got side tracked. Who won stock? Still waiting to get my new tc3 chassis kit. I'll probably be out there when it comes in.
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 08:34 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Goss won again but he didn't run away with it. Aaron gave him a nice battle while the rest of us were pin balls at times. I think that I might have been the only Losi in the show but I'm not sure what the other guys were running. Doug Lemmons runs a TC3 now. See you on the rug the next time they race. They're closed next week.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:57 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Mingfinity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I really hope that HPI does indeed make a good comeback in both the electric and nitro scene.

I've raced and ran the Pro 2 before and at the time, was among the best cars I've ever had the pleasure of driving. Owned a Pro3 but quickly sold it. I felt HPI goofed up on the Pro3 big time.

PRO3 actually is not BAD in terms of innovation. And it is a good car for parking lot racing, the flexy chassis DOES help in parking lot racing. And if you consider the Hara PRO3 is still a PRO3.. it's not bad for race too.

I think PRO4 can only be an evolution of shaft car.. Shaft car has limited space to have revolution.

Keep it up~ HPI's R&D
Mingfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:17 PM   #23
Tom
Tech Regular

the hpi car looks nice and very adjustable

problem is, in Australia the importar has changed 3 times in the last month. After the success of the pro(1), 80 percent of cars at the sydeny tracks were the pro, then about 40percent were pro2 and you could go to a hobby shop and look at parts and hop ups but then the pro 3 came. i saw 2 pro3s when they were new but now.... 0

a mate of mine works in a hobby shop and the other day he showed me his hpi stock(i run a pro 2 still). in the hpi stock bin the had some stickers and 1 pro3 front belt

i cant see any parts support for hpi in australia or race and track support
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:13 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think I may have to give one a try as well. I had the original pro and in retrospect can't believe how much I punished that car and how little supension slop developed. I love my TC3, but there is always the worry of breaking something. The car can be a bit brittle at certain angles of impact.

I can't believe Doug is running a tc3. Isn't it one of nature's laws that he run a Schumacher. I think hell just froze over!! LOL!!
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:24 PM   #25
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mingfinity
PRO3 actually is not BAD in terms of innovation. And it is a good car for parking lot racing, the flexy chassis DOES help in parking lot racing. And if you consider the Hara PRO3 is still a PRO3.. it's not bad for race too.

I think PRO4 can only be an evolution of shaft car.. Shaft car has limited space to have revolution.

Keep it up~ HPI's R&D
Yeah, the overal design is not bad. But it would need too many hopups to make it truly competitive with the likes of the XXX-S for example. (Yes, I've tried the HB upper deck but the car still felt lazy and unresponsive.) The Hara Pro3 was the Pro3 we should have had from the beginning, don't you agree?
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:24 PM   #26
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Touringcardude
Default Pro 4

when do they think it will be released.
Touringcardude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 02:57 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Default HPI needs to make a very competitive car...

for $150. Nothing has race car value like the Sport TC3. You can't beat it.

HPI's parts trees and lack parts support turned me off a long with the Pro 3 flex design.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 03:47 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Mingfinity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Yeah, the overal design is not bad. But it would need too many hopups to make it truly competitive with the likes of the XXX-S for example. (Yes, I've tried the HB upper deck but the car still felt lazy and unresponsive.) The Hara Pro3 was the Pro3 we should have had from the beginning, don't you agree?
Just upgrade with the upper deck alone increase a bit of the 'responsiveness'. The MAJOR improvement comes from the replacement of 3deg C-block
Mingfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 08:24 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Pro 4

Quote:
Originally posted by Touringcardude
when do they think it will be released.

Mid to end of summer for Japan...??? ???

Most of the mag's arepointing to this time frame for over here
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:46 AM   #30
Tech Champion

Default Re: HPI needs to make a very competitive car...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightbreed
for $150. Nothing has race car value like the Sport TC3. You can't beat it.

HPI's parts trees and lack parts support turned me off a long with the Pro 3 flex design.
I heard about their parts trees but I have never looked at them personally. What are the problems and shouldn't parts support be there since they have always had backyard bashing type kits??