R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #46
Tech Apprentice

Teamwave, does the Lightning 2 give you readouts of the MaH, runtime remaining (seconds), discharge avg volts, and internal resistance per cell?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 AM   #47
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard1
Teamwave, does the Lightning 2 give you readouts of the MaH, runtime remaining (seconds), discharge avg volts, and internal resistance per cell?
No, it only gives you the volt meter status for each cell....
I think the only worth feature is its discharging time. It can discharge one pack pretty fast compare to the other discharging system... CTX-D2, DPD, BatMan 2 (full 4200 approx. 30 minutes). The battery just slightly warm at the end of discharging time

To TEAMWAVE :
I have one question : How to activate Cell Hold Voltage ?
I see with my digital multimeter, once it has done the discharging (DONE sign, on the display), the voltage goes back to normal (1.2xx Volt). Nothing's hold the voltage at the cut off (say, I preset to 0.9V cut-off).
Can you explain about it ?
akuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #48
Tech Master

Quote:
No, it only gives you the volt meter status for each cell....
I think the only worth feature is its discharging time. It can discharge one pack pretty fast compare to the other discharging system... CTX-D2, DPD, BatMan 2 (full 4200 approx. 30 minutes). The battery just slightly warm at the end of discharging time

To TEAMWAVE :
I see with my digital multimeter, once it has done the discharging (DONE sign, on the display), the voltage goes back to normal (1.2xx Volt). Nothing's hold the voltage at the cut off (say, I preset to 0.9V cut-off).
Old 12-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #49
Tech Apprentice

Well if tit only gives volts then I would rather opt for the CTX which gives you the info you need to check individual cells and the pack re: runtime, MaH etc. I can live with the noise!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #50
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuhon

To TEAMWAVE :

damm man. nothing can HOLD a cell at 0.9volts for ever. why would u want to anyway?

a cell has only a certain amount of energy. if you set it on XLD9, it does "HOLD" it for at least 5+ minutes, by decreasing its dicharge amps, then when there is virtually no energy left in the cell, it stops discharging.

if the cell can't stay above 0.9volts at 0.1amp discharge there is no point in discharging any further.

infact i beleive for IB cells it would do more damage than good.

if the cell doesnt rebound to 1.2volts then your cell has problems.

basically the longer u want it to "HOLD" at 0.9volts u put the XLD higher to 9.
PIITB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #51
Tech Master

Quote:
Well if tit only gives volts then I would rather opt for the CTX which gives you the info you need to check individual cells and the pack re: runtime, MaH etc. I can live with the noise!
My knowledge maybe isn;t as much as you.... but some say CTX-D is not showing the real runtime of a cell..... It only a discharging time it take.

ABout mah (capacity), I have the manual with me, but it doesn't mention any info how we know the capacity ... or I miss something.... only resistant

I think lightning2 and CTX-D2 is not so different.... and probably lightning2 is better 'cause it combines pulse and linear automatically .... and it's faster.

If you want to see something much different, go for Straight Ltd. Fortress ... I think it's the best discharger (IMO). It can discharge in 1 pack (upo to 8 cells / pack) or individual cell....
rapid, multi step discharge. You can also monitor the discharging process through your computer..... (graphics).
Here I attached the info you can see with Fortress.

Rgds,
Attached Thumbnails
TEAM WAVE Lightning Discharger V2 !-04.jpg  
Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIITB
damm man. nothing can HOLD a cell at 0.9volts for ever. why would u want to anyway?

a cell has only a certain amount of energy. if you set it on XLD9, it does "HOLD" it for at least 5+ minutes, by decreasing its dicharge amps, then when there is virtually no energy left in the cell, it stops discharging.

if the cell can't stay above 0.9volts at 0.1amp discharge there is no point in discharging any further.

infact i beleive for IB cells it would do more damage than good.

if the cell doesnt rebound to 1.2volts then your cell has problems.

basically the longer u want it to "HOLD" at 0.9volts u put the XLD higher to 9.
Thanks for the info.... I thought it's a feature that need to be set/activated manually. Just like we set the CO and XDL.... 'cause I only see 3 menu, setting, discharge, voltmeter....

So far, for IB4200 / EP4200, I set the CO to 1.0 and XDL to 4 or 5, it gives me good runtime and punch.... I'm using unmatched IB4200 WC edition and EP4200 UV ed.

I think I still need other discharging system for my stickpack.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I am happy to hear about the revisions, however i am disapointed because I just bought a NEW one and it is to be shipped here tomorrow. Now I have to get it upgraded.
Jamie Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi TEAM WAVE, I ordered a V2 last weekend via your site, but I never got a confirmation or something like that... Can you tell me if you did received the order, but most of all... the payment..

Is it already shipped??
Old 03-25-2007, 02:32 AM   #55
Tech Rookie

Default Problem with Lightning V2

Hi Tem Wave,

Yesterday I got my V2. I encouter the following problem: putting a 5-cell pack on de the discharger (starting at tray 1) cell 2 till 5 discharge nice (starting with pulse and so on till .9v) but cell 1 continiously give PULS. I tried several of my racing packs (and they are good) but for all the same happend. I also looked at the voltage and cell 1 keeps his higher voltage while the other cells are equal to 1.2X. So is it something i doing wrong or is it the V2?

Regards,

Ronald (from the Netherlands)
rduijkeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:09 AM   #56
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduijkeren
Hi Tem Wave,

Yesterday I got my V2. I encouter the following problem: putting a 5-cell pack on de the discharger (starting at tray 1) cell 2 till 5 discharge nice (starting with pulse and so on till .9v) but cell 1 continiously give PULS. I tried several of my racing packs (and they are good) but for all the same happend. I also looked at the voltage and cell 1 keeps his higher voltage while the other cells are equal to 1.2X. So is it something i doing wrong or is it the V2?

Regards,

Ronald (from the Netherlands)
Ronald, did you put a wire on the team wave? I experienced it works MUCH better with the wire for 5 cells! See attachment!

Succes!

Rogier

Translation of the picture for English people:

Draad ertussen = put wire between (not soldered!! )
Niks = Nothing
+ and - = to show the way the 1st cell should be put in
Attached Thumbnails
TEAM WAVE Lightning Discharger V2 !-team-wave1.jpg  
Old 03-25-2007, 08:36 AM   #57
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier
Ronald, did you put a wire on the team wave? I experienced it works MUCH better with the wire for 5 cells! See attachment!

Succes!

Rogier

Translation of the picture for English people:

Draad ertussen = put wire between (not soldered!! )
Niks = Nothing
+ and - = to show the way the 1st cell should be put in
Hi Rogier,

Thnx for the reply, but as I red on www.teamwaveonline.com the V2 needs no modification for a 5-pack (or 4, 3, 2 or1). You know more about that?

Regards
rduijkeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #58
Tech Adept

Hi rduijkeren,

No need to do the soldering for the V2, it can discharge 5 cells with no problem, if it keeps displaying "PULS" rather than voltage, probably you have place the battery wrongly or the discharge MOSFET has been burnt. Please see the attached image for battery placement. If the MOSFET was burnt, we can send you new FET to replace or you send it back and we fix it for you. For more question, please send it to "[email protected]" and we will response much faster.

Regards,
TEAM WAVE
Attached Thumbnails
TEAM WAVE Lightning Discharger V2 !-polarity.jpg  
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 PM   #59
Tech Rookie

Whats the difference between the V2 and the new V2.1 Tray?
theracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #60
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by theracer
Whats the difference between the V2 and the new V2.1 Tray?
Is it there .... got some pics or links ?