Old 09-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When will this be released?
Alex_kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:46 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

does anyone have the V2 yet if so how do you like it? how does it compare to the muchmore ctx d, dpd and other units like it?

i like the clip style battery connections better than the screw type, like on the ctx-d, so its kinda a toss up between the V2 and the DPD

i am thinking about getting one just wanted some opinions on the V2 model
Stevem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:13 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

stevem9,

hey buddy, just sharing info , no offence to the other manufacturers,

i got a upgrade from V1 to V2 or course pay $$$, anyway i like v2 better than CTXD, cos cheaper, easier to use(battery pin, easier menu scroling,hassle free, Auto discharge mode, start with pulse 20amp, later linear 5 amp until done ),

basically just plug in the battery, and discharge, that all, with the V2 feature upgrade, even better, the only set back after discharging the fan won't auto stop, but you can hear the Final"beep" sound,

i have afriend who borrowed me his Ctxd2, but i still prefer the V2, never have the chance to try the DPD...
Old 11-19-2006, 07:04 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Love my DPD.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:46 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Dear All,

TEAMWAVE web site has been updated, more info about V2 technology is provided.

www.teamwaveonline.com
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:55 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

purchaced the v2 2 weeks ago & have to say this is the best discharger ive owned ( have had other top line ones previously) simply menu/easy to use
very happy with it & it did seem to give my batteries a little more punch
keep the good products coming

thanks team wave
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

Hi team wave,

I still have problems with my TEAMWAVE discharger V1,it keeps discharging cell number 6 below the 0,9V,my multimeter measures 0,7 and the teamwave display says 0,9.

I already told you that in the other TEAM WAVE thread and the answer you gave me was:

sitting duck - One batch of the V1 has this problem. V2 don't have this problem any more because the circuit/PCB/components are all new design, even the software is newly written from the ground up. We are planning to have a software upgrade on the V1 to solve the problem. We will let you know once it is ready.

The V2 software is ready now,you did not let me know anything,i still have a faulty TEAM WAVE unit here that i can not use.Its been a while now and al the time i have been using my buddy's novak discharger while i have payed 124 for a team wave discharger that does not work.

Thank you team wave for your great service.
sitting duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:24 AM   #23
Tech Master

Hi,

I just see on their web.. the comparison between v1 and v2..
I see there's "Cell hold voltage" ... what it is ?
Can you explain a bit to me...

Thx
akuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:46 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuhon
Hi,

I just see on their web.. the comparison between v1 and v2..
I see there's "Cell hold voltage" ... what it is ?
Can you explain a bit to me...

Thx
A cell hold voltage is a feature that keeps the voltage of cell at the pre-set voltage say 0.9v/cell.Some dischager just discharge and cut off at 0.9v and thats it, then the voltage will slowly rise back up again.So by activating the ffeature, the discharger will hold the voltage at 0.9v. A feature that can be found on the novak smart tray also.

Just my 2c
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:33 AM   #25
Tech Regular

how do you turn on the cell hold voltage?
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:56 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Ben.C,

I have to say that TEAM WAVE Lightning is the only discharger on the market that can hold cell at 0.9V. Try to hook up a voltmeter to other discharger with the "hold voltage function" and compare to Lightning V2 and you will understand what is true hold cell voltage.

sitting duck,
You can send your unit to your local distributor and they should response to ship it back to us or if you want quick service, just directly send it back to us, we will pay the return shipping cost.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
I have to say that TEAM WAVE Lightning is the only discharger on the market that can hold cell at 0.9V. Try to hook up a voltmeter to other discharger with the "hold voltage function" and compare to Lightning V2 and you will understand what is true hold cell voltage.
Is it safe ?

What about XDL 0-9 .... "For easy operation, cut off current is represented in 10 levels (XDL0 - XDL9)" .... Is it running automatically or do we have to set it manually ? And what those numbers represent (0 - 9), is it amp or any other equivalent ....

ANd what's XDL stands for ? eXtended Discahrge Level ? so what level should I use for IB4200WC batt, also for other parameters ....

Thanks
akuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Hi People,

I have a question about the V2. I'm confused and wondering if someone can explain to me something - when my pack is finished discharging with a 0.9 cutoff, if I swap to the voltmeter immediately, the voltage of each cell is around 1.19, 1.2 etc. If I pop the pack straight onto my Smart Tray, it takes a fair while before each cell light goes out, which confirms the report of the voltmeter.

Can someone please explain to me these results? I would have thought that the voltage of each cell after a 0.9 cutoff would have been pretty close to 0.9 volts???

MIKE
MadMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

why dont you check the voltages as its discharging?

cells bounce back to 1.2v after discharge, if they dont then i'll b worried.
PIITB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeB
Hi People,

I have a question about the V2. I'm confused and wondering if someone can explain to me something - when my pack is finished discharging with a 0.9 cutoff, if I swap to the voltmeter immediately, the voltage of each cell is around 1.19, 1.2 etc. If I pop the pack straight onto my Smart Tray, it takes a fair while before each cell light goes out, which confirms the report of the voltmeter.

Can someone please explain to me these results? I would have thought that the voltage of each cell after a 0.9 cutoff would have been pretty close to 0.9 volts???

MIKE
That is normal. A cell's voltage will go up. But when you load the cell the voltage will drop.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote