Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
ltr, I use Tower Hobbies part # RRPC4200. Just be prepared to spend 15 minutes at a drill press to make it work.
Or you could just buy PRS spurs and just bolt them in they go down to 96 teeth

http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/products/10
Old 09-09-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz
Hey guys,

Noticed tonight that my car seems to be excessively noisy compared to the other cars I run against. Mind you, I felt like my gear mesh was perfectly set...

What are some things that can contribute to unwanted drivetrain noise? I run an Orion brushless motor, which I know is supposed to be noisier due to the internal fan, but I still feel like something small is clicking sometimes. One of my front drive shafts are just a little bent - could that be the culprit? Should I replace all the bearings? It's really beginning to bother me...

Thx...
check the screw on the rear suspension pin mount. if the front one is longer than usual, it will screw past the bulkhead and occassionally hit the spur causing a "clicking" sound.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Paul L and teamgp. Seems I should be able to take your info and relate it to the front of the car too but I would rather have you guys explain.

How does arm sweep affect the front of the car. I've heard of people sweeping the front arms towards the rear of the car and also sweeping them towards the front. And I believe the Cyclone even comes standard with arm sweep towards the rear out of the box. How does all of this affect the car?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
Or you could just buy PRS spurs and just bolt them in they go down to 96 teeth

http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/products/10
Cost of buying the spur I bought: $6.69US
Cost of buying a precision racing spur: $28.49US*

*This may be $5 higher if the shipment is charged with taxes by Customs due to the brokerage charge.

I think I made the right choice for me. PRS isn't very international-friendly. They could ship that spur in a letter for $1.50, instead they charge me $20 for shipping it in a box.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My buddy Sean and I are looking to switch from 1/12 to sedan. the xray t2 007 is our first choice. Our local hobby shop is reluctant to sell us the car as he is stating that the parts for this car are very very hard to recieve as they are always back ordered from both the Canadian supplier and the US supplier. I am wondering if this is a problem many of you are having or is he talking out of his ass? My buddy had a T1 in the past and from what he has told me it was a top notch car in every way and that damage was very little. I believe the car will be strong from all the different post I have read about the car, but if I do have a breakage I don't want to be down for a month because parts are not available.

Do any of you have thoughts you can express about this to us as we are ready to buy but just need to know we are going in the right direction.

Another option we are considering is the Serpent S400 Carpet version. This I think may be a better choice a parts may be easier to get for the Serpent.

Thanks for the info.

Daveflyer
Old 09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

A local hobby shop near me, in orlando, carrys a lot of xray parts but then they are the only hobby shop in the area that I have found that really carrys xray parts, ebay has a handful of the parts that I understand are the more likely to break though if my lhs doesn't have it.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveflyr
My buddy Sean and I are looking to switch from 1/12 to sedan. the xray t2 007 is our first choice. Our local hobby shop is reluctant to sell us the car as he is stating that the parts for this car are very very hard to recieve as they are always back ordered from both the Canadian supplier and the US supplier. I am wondering if this is a problem many of you are having or is he talking out of his ass? My buddy had a T1 in the past and from what he has told me it was a top notch car in every way and that damage was very little. I believe the car will be strong from all the different post I have read about the car, but if I do have a breakage I don't want to be down for a month because parts are not available.

Do any of you have thoughts you can express about this to us as we are ready to buy but just need to know we are going in the right direction.

Another option we are considering is the Serpent S400 Carpet version. This I think may be a better choice a parts may be easier to get for the Serpent.

Thanks for the info.

Daveflyer
Where are you located in Canada? Im in the ottawa area and one of the local shops carries exclusivly xray cars and parts. PArts come from the west coast and as far as i know the parts can be received withing a week or less. When any new car gets released spare parts are scarce as they where with all the xray cars, and probably any others on the market.

If your in canada serpent,corally,yokomo and to some extent tamiya and kyosho will likely be harder to aquire then xray. Xray has its own canadian distributor wich helps

Beleive me once u go xray you wont wonder far if ever to another car brand... Worst case is if your having LHS support problems there is always online parts orders.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Cost of buying the spur I bought: $6.69US
Cost of buying a precision racing spur: $28.49US*

*This may be $5 higher if the shipment is charged with taxes by Customs due to the brokerage charge.

I think I made the right choice for me. PRS isn't very international-friendly. They could ship that spur in a letter for $1.50, instead they charge me $20 for shipping it in a box.
Or you can buy the PRS ones from here for $6.59 :
http://www.ampdraw.com/browse.php?am...=search&page=3

Or give a try to these:
http://nexusracing.net/advanced_sear...d568f7&x=0&y=0
Old 09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

i am about to go to the darkside and run brushless/lipo for the first time this carpet season with a 13.5 motor. i have been looking around to find a good rollout to start with and so far the number i have found is 36mm....how does this sound on a pretty open carpet track that is 100' x 45'? also i am a little confused on what brand/size spur gear to run to get where i need to go with foams starting at 58mm
Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Both websites are pretty bad, so I'm going to have to do some assuming here. I'm going to assume shipping costs more than $0.40 to Canada. I bet I am right. In fact, shipping is probably $20, just like the store that wanted $28.49. So, again, buying from either of those websites would have been a pretty dumb move.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cvt01
Or you can buy the PRS ones from here for $6.59 :
http://www.ampdraw.com/browse.php?am...=search&page=3

Or give a try to these:
http://nexusracing.net/advanced_sear...d568f7&x=0&y=0
I'm looking to buy a 100 tooth spur that will fit my 007 but none of my local shops carry them and Amp Draw and Nexus are both out of stock. Unfortunatley, If you purchase directly from PRS they sell their spur for $8.49 versus the $6.59 from the hobby stores. Do any of you guys know any other online shops that carry either "PRS" or "RW" Spurs inaddition to 007 xray parts?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

another option would be to look for and buy a 4-hole spur gear adaptor so you can use the more commonly available 4-hole spur gears.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
another option would be to look for and buy a 4-hole spur gear adaptor so you can use the more commonly available 4-hole spur gears.
wouldn't there be a problem with accessing the motor since you have to stick the allen driver through the spur to tighten or loosen the motor screws?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
I'm looking to buy a 100 tooth spur that will fit my 007 but none of my local shops carry them and Amp Draw and Nexus are both out of stock. Unfortunatley, If you purchase directly from PRS they sell their spur for $8.49 versus the $6.59 from the hobby stores. Do any of you guys know any other online shops that carry either "PRS" or "RW" Spurs inaddition to 007 xray parts?
www.stormerhobbies.com

do search- spur gear, page 12
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
www.stormerhobbies.com

do search- spur gear, page 12
Thank you very much Fred. I just placed an order for a PRS 100 tooth spur and a few 007 parts. Now i'll be ready for some racing this weekend. Yahoo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.