R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #1456
Gravity RC

I know that x-ray offers a 112 for the car and you can go to a 35 or 36 with that spur, even with very small foam tires 112/36 is more gear than i would usually run at any race with any motor.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #1457
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I ran a 108 spur this week at the Novak.. small foams (2.17) and pinions in the low 30's in stock and 19t
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #1458
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I ran a 112 spur with a 38 t pinion today..(stock novak brushless)
Old 01-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #1459
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Paul--congrats on your double win!

Stlnlst--good run also this weekend..
Old 01-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #1460
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Dal- Thanks for the love. Fred and I had these cars rockin' all weekend. Qualified 1 & 2 but finshed 1 & 3....my bad for messing up the sweep. I had my 4300 geared 108/35 = 5.25 That thing was a rocket. For all the guys out there complaining about brushed vs brushless.....The 2nd place guy was running brushed and had the fastest lap of the weekend. This Xray felt so good I was read to whip up on Paul L. had he shown up.... J/K!

Congrats to Fred on his win and I'll catch ya sometime soon. I know Ruben is gonna put in a bid for the regionals so Xray will have to defend it's 19 turn title The only thing with that is no brushless in 19 turn.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #1461
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I ran the same set up all weekend long. It was recently updated on www.gearchart.com and on the Xray site prior to this event. Dal put on my set up and BOOM he was 5th on the grid for the main. A few Tamiya guys were even checking out the car. Gonna be a real war up here come the next little/big carpet event.

Paul L.- Congrats on the wins and thanks for all of you input. It helped fine tune the set up too
Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #1462
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Dal- Thanks for the love. Fred and I had these cars rockin' all weekend. Qualified 1 & 2 but finshed 1 & 3....my bad for messing up the sweep. I had my 4300 geared 108/35 = 5.25 That thing was a rocket. For all the guys out there complaining about brushed vs brushless.....The 2nd place guy was running brushed and had the fastest lap of the weekend. This Xray felt so good I was read to whip up on Paul L. had he shown up.... J/K!

Congrats to Fred on his win and I'll catch ya sometime soon. I know Ruben is gonna put in a bid for the regionals so Xray will have to defend it's 19 turn title The only thing with that is no brushless in 19 turn.
Your car looked great all weekend, what a diff with this new car of yours ....you bring a tear to my eye, heck I might even take your picture out of the bottom of the drawer and put it back up in the mantle again
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #1463
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to canto54

if some of you are interested in aftermarket parts (spool or diff outdrives) for the Xray touring cars, you an have a look here: http://blogsperso.orange.fr/web/jsp/...?blogID=127906

Very high quality parts!!!
www.mrclongwy.fr
www.petitrc.com
canto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #1464
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

So, I hear this car is pretty fast with all the stock parts!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #1465
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMSRacing
Would one be able to go up to a 40 tooth pinion with the 110 T spur?

I'm looking to be able to adjust from a 4.5-5.5 FDR. I sat down and figured out a 88 would work nice sine I wouldn't have to buy anymore pinions. But that's when I discovered the design doesn't allow you to do this.

Are there any smaller spur gears that work with the Xray?
at the Novak i ran the 13.5/rubber class, and used a PRS 108 and a 39 pinion.... 4.70. i could also use a 40(4.59), but i think that was the max with a 108. maybe a 106 might be better if thats mainly where you run the gear.

i had just recieved my EU car the week before, so i was really happy with the result!

it worked very well up there, all with kit stuff...
with the exception of the springs, went to lt blue/yellow. helped with a few traction rolls i had.

Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #1466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta
So, I hear this car is pretty fast with all the stock parts!

Yep my EU is still box stock... But then again most pro level car are. The comes ready to race, just set it up and you go fast.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #1467
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Yep my EU is still box stock... But then again most pro level car are. The comes ready to race, just set it up and you go fast.
Yeah, I was just messing around. I am just not a big fan of the shameless plugs for these option part companies that seem to hault the whole thread for the second time...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #1468
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deves
I thought of this idea even simulated it but your'e right it was ugly and it was a whole lot of lead. I think the Xray balancing weights for the rear are 5 oz of brass in a very small size so at least they would look better.

Thanks for the replys...
Ok just a recap.....I got a hold of a set of the Xray front balancing weights but they are only 5 Grams each! Ha ha not gonna work, so I got a package with 2 strips of those lead weights you get at your LHS. One strip weigh's 3 OZ. Damn Do I need to put both strips on the battery?
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:28 AM   #1469
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to canto54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Yeah, I was just messing around. I am just not a big fan of the shameless plugs for these option part companies that seem to hault the whole thread for the second time...
Just for information, my friend don't really have a company, he don't make money making these parts because he make them one by one. Making a spool can take him hours if all the adjustements are not perfect. He make them on his own time because of his passion for this hobby, I hope you can undestand this!
Car out of the box is fast. I don't say using these parts make the car go faster but the spool is lighter than the xray one and you don't need to use blade anymore. Blade cost can be very high for a whole season and I'm not so reach to buy 150$ of blades each year...
For the diff outdrives, he make them for me because last year with the T2 I broke 3 times the original Xray outdrives and I had to bought new diff each time because a this time the outdrive was not available and you had to buy a complete diff. That's why he would like to help me making outdrives where I can only change the delrin outdrives. Some people saw my diff outdrives at some race and some would have some and that's why he is presenting them on his blog!

Don't worry, I will stop talking about these parts if it's a problem for some of you but it was just to explain you the purpose of these parts.
www.mrclongwy.fr
www.petitrc.com
canto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:39 AM   #1470
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tell your friend to keep the dream alive, not everybody is thankless.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote