R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #1111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Has anybody looked at what comes with the conversion, and how much of a bargain it actually is?

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...nversion%20Set
^Conversion link...

The items in this kit alone retail for almost $400, I don't understand why somebody has to say something about what is/isn't included. Every time a new kit comes out (every year for us) somebody says something about having this or that, and don't want to pay for it in the price of the kit... This year, how much did the price go up on the kits? $10! This is for continued development, and several added steps in the manufacturing process, etc...
The way Mr. Hudy looks at things is if someone was going to go in a store and buy the car to race it, what would they need, and they include it.
If you're anything like me, my car has to be a certain way, with all the pieces that give you any added benefit (cosmetic or performance) and I'm pretty sure that most of ya'll are like myself so you go in and spend AT LEAST $100 on top of the kit price to run ANY car, on road, offroad nitro/electric. Getting to my point, how much extra stuff did you have to buy with your '007, when I got mine, I had to buy a battery strap and C-hubs and I was on the track with one of the best setups. I just don't understand the couple people that complain because they have certain parts already and wish the price was lower, when a majority of people love the 'completeness' of the kit. I can't remember the last kit I bought of ANY brand or any genre of racing where I only bought 3 different parts to get on the track and race it.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #1112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

xray is so unrealistic. I was hoping to see a "update" kit for the t1 to t2 007. And please do not include the bottom bulkhead screws because I already have those. and it should be cheaper then for me to buy a new kit because I have already spent almost $400 on my T1.

ROCCO, PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!

lol

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #1113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When you see all that it comes with incl the chassis, its not a bad deal after all.
Can you give us a link to the EU conv set? Couldn't find it.
Rocco, you are my hero!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #1114
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

anyone have the us carpet spec conversion kit in stock?
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #1115
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

C_O_jones ->

Yang ->

$399.99 at Mike's for the T2'007. I'll give you cash out of my own pocket to refund you for the screws! (I'm almost afraid to do it because you may buy one and actually take me up!!!!)

gonzo ->

We are expecting them to come in middle to late December.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #1116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i think I am going to buy one just to make you cough up the cash

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #1117
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
I'd like to run 19T but if it is going to be MOD....so be it. You pick the class I beat you in this time!

Take THAT!
You can't always count on someone breaking in order to finish ahead of them.....sooner or later you are gonna have to learn to drive that rig of yours....LOL
Old 12-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #1118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
You can't always count on someone breaking in order to finish ahead of them.....sooner or later you are gonna have to learn to drive that rig of yours....LOL
I'll take my WINS any way I can get them!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #1119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
I'd like to run 19T but if it is going to be MOD....so be it. You pick the class I beat you in this time!

Take THAT!
You should at least make it a fair matchup and run 4 cells in your car ...sorry STLNLST ...couldn't resist
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #1120
Tech Elite

My '007 EU is almost done. Just have to mount a body and paint.
Gonna race it this Sunday. Can't wait. : Its been 3 months since I have run sedan.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #1121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Yes the conversion kit is quite a bit of a deal compared to retail prices of what comes in it. But if the conversion is around $200, it would make more sense to sell the used car at market price (currently around $200 - $225) and then add the $200 for a new kit.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #1122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

AE had a TC4 conversion kit that brought the team car to FT specs for a 10$ less then the FK kit, so people who bought the Team car and later converted actually saved 10$.... So if we use the T2R as the TC4TEAM at 200$ and the T2007 at 490$ I would expect a conversion kit at the 190$ range.... but im just dreaming in know...

Anyway these are open forums to give opinions on anything we want. I stand behind what i said about only needing a bare bones conversion kit. After all the main changes are bulkheads,chassis and servo saver, The arms,hex nuts,springs,spur gear ect ect we already have. FLAME away!

As for spending money after buying a car, my EU007 got nothing but a extra wide bumper installed on it, its box stock and so far its sweeeet on the track! Car seems durable as gave her some abuse in one of my runs last week.

Might have to look to hongkong for good prices on conversion sets...
Old 12-05-2006, 06:06 AM   #1123
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Has anybody looked at what comes with the conversion, and how much of a bargain it actually is?

^Conversion link...

The items in this kit alone retail for almost $400, I don't understand why somebody has to say something about what is/isn't included. Every time a new kit comes out (every year for us) somebody says something about having this or that, and don't want to pay for it in the price of the kit... This year, how much did the price go up on the kits? $10! This is for continued development, and several added steps in the manufacturing process, etc...
The way Mr. Hudy looks at things is if someone was going to go in a store and buy the car to race it, what would they need, and they include it.
If you're anything like me, my car has to be a certain way, with all the pieces that give you any added benefit (cosmetic or performance) and I'm pretty sure that most of ya'll are like myself so you go in and spend AT LEAST $100 on top of the kit price to run ANY car, on road, offroad nitro/electric. Getting to my point, how much extra stuff did you have to buy with your '007, when I got mine, I had to buy a battery strap and C-hubs and I was on the track with one of the best setups. I just don't understand the couple people that complain because they have certain parts already and wish the price was lower, when a majority of people love the 'completeness' of the kit. I can't remember the last kit I bought of ANY brand or any genre of racing where I only bought 3 different parts to get on the track and race it.

Compared to retail prices for replacement parts yes it's a steal, but should the conversion parts that is about half a car cost more than the full car in parts? This is my point, replacing 8 parts of a t2r costs as much as a whole kit, its very unbalanced. I understand it is this way in real cars as well, but not nearly this bad. Things like $6 for 4 screws, I can get a box of 100 at mcmaster for $4.50. I really like my car, and I felt that I got alot for my $200 but I got sticker shock when I started buying replacement parts.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #1124
Tech Regular

I just got my T2 not long ago. Certainly before they annouced the T2'07 model. I think that Xray had done a great job in refining the chassis into a better car. But the problem is, when the new models coming out too fast, don't you think? Maybe that's business but to me, my T2 is already outdated within months. This is no good.
oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #1125
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

All of the top companies have different issues with new cars. Xray puts a new one out every @9 months in order to give us the best car they have available. If you want to compare companies, try one of the other threads. The JRXS-R has been in the making for over a year and still isn't due out until January or February. Same with the TC5. I'm sure those guys would love to have a new car in their hands. I like Corally's idea of updating the standard kit but that can get confusing when you don't know what version you have and what changes do what to your car. I would rather have the OPTION to buy a new car every 9 months rather than spend 9 months crying "2 more weeks". Your T2 is not out of date. The '007 is an improvement and may be easier to drive fast but it is an evolution of the T2 not a miracle cure for anything. Batteries, motors and driver skill will help you more than replacing your T2 with a T2'007. It may give you a couple of seconds over a 5 minute race, but so will patience and better lines.