R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #1096
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

go to google and do a serch for the part numbers. I believe I saw that ashford already had pricing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
US

EU

But no prices yet.... Anyone??

I hope the fact that they added so many unnecessary parts that the thing is not over priced:
Stuff that should not be needed to convert T2r and T2:
-spur gear
-springs
-wheel nuts
-suspension arms
-allum posts.

We will have to see, shock towers included instead of the 5 un needed parts, would have been nice for the T2r converters...

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:38 AM   #1097
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The aluminum standoffs are indeed required as they are a different length than the T2 or T2R.

The springs and X-Hard arms will make a difference in the handling and performance of the kit compared to the standard springs that it comes with. Remember, just because you already have the proper springs, doesn't mean that everyone does..likewise with the 64dp gearing.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:13 AM   #1098
Tech Elite

Also keep in mind that some drivers may have bought either the 007 US or EU version, but will be racing both foam/carpet and rubber. So the kits include things like the 64p spur, lt purple/white springs, XH arms, etc for 007EU owners wanting to convert their car for foam/carpet racing.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #1099
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ashford price for the conversion kits is $229.99.
Seems a tad high, when for another $160. you can get a complete Kit.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #1100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I had another good showing with the car. Tested a few more things. Every change on this car does what it's suppose to do and you can feel it on the track. Next weekend will be more of the same. I tested on yhe rear end mostly with a few changes to the front. Next week will be mostly front end changes.

Fred H.- Are you running sway bars on your set up? I'm thinking of taking them off.

Yes on the bars. I don't have to tell you to give it a go without them. I know that when the T2 was released and the bars weren't available I was able to be VERY competitive without them. I haven't tried running without them on this car. Socal has a ton of grip and our carpet track is 60 X 40 plus I ALWAYS try to run with them unless grip dictates otherwise. At minimum on carpet I'd run 1.2's all around. Yesterday I ran a 1.4 up front and 1.2 in the rear, while testing the 4300 for the first time. Mark DeRosa (TRESFR) can chime in on running the '007 without bars as he's been testing that setup.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #1101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Yes on the bars. I don't have to tell you to give it a go without them. I know that when the T2 was released and the bars weren't available I was able to be VERY competitive without them. I haven't tried running without them on this car. Socal has a ton of grip and our carpet track is 60 X 40 plus I ALWAYS try to run with them unless grip dictates otherwise. At minimum on carpet I'd run 1.2's all around. Yesterday I ran a 1.4 up front and 1.2 in the rear, while testing the 4300 for the first time. Mark DeRosa (TRESFR) can chime in on running the '007 without bars as he's been testing that setup.
Hey you two, when is the next Competition to see who is the fastest man of color in CA? Right now Fred is DA MAN and Clint is cryin'. LOL Can't wait to see the rematch!!

NWCC??? Who's going to WIN?

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #1102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
Hey you two, when is the next Competition to see who is the fastest man of color in CA? Right now Fred is DA MAN and Clint is cryin'. LOL Can't wait to see the rematch!!

LOL. DeRosa and myself have our lodging already and are planning to be there...WITH BELLS ON!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #1103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Ashford price for the conversion kits is $229.99.
Seems a tad high, when for another $160. you can get a complete Kit.
i think it is pretty reasonable. look at the parts and pieces that you are getting with the upgrade. hell, even if you look at ebay pricing. minus the xhard arms, chassis springs, and wheel nuts, you are still looking at around $170.

actually if you look at it the car is basically going for aroudn $440. a used t2 is going for $175-$200 and the upgrade is $229.99 so basically the upgrade costs you $429.99. an "upgrade" should cost more then the kit if you factor a used car into it. but what it saves you is not having to sell you old kit. i would not have expected the upgrade to be far from the $225 price range.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 12-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #1104
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm interested in the EU kit, doesn't need the hard arms, I already have the multi diff and 64p spur.
If I sell my T2 for $200+, for less than another $200 I get a NEW car, for less than the update kit, then everything is new.
Same goes for my carpet car, keep the BMI chassis and sell the rest.

But that will probably drive the used chassis prices down even further.
If the pricing was around $125, it would be worth getting the update kit.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #1105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones
I'm interested in the EU kit, doesn't need the hard arms, I already have the multi diff and 64p spur.
If I sell my T2 for $200+, for less than another $200 I get a NEW car, for less than the update kit, then everything is new.
Same goes for my carpet car, keep the BMI chassis and sell the rest.

But that will probably drive the used chassis prices down even further.
If the pricing was around $125, it would be worth getting the update kit.
remember, xray still wants to sell kits. the goal of upgrades it to retail existing users. look at any industry. I never seen an "upgrade" that is cheaper then to buy the new widget. it does not make business sense.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #1106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I've run the car without them already and I'm on the fence right now with them on or off. The lap times are the same but the car fetlt a touch better without them on. Oh.....and I'm coming for my title.....LOL
Old 12-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #1107
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil

What class are you gonna run at that race? I'm running mod if Fred and everyone is gonna run. If not.....19 turn will be huge!!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #1108
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup
remember, xray still wants to sell kits. the goal of upgrades it to retail existing users. look at any industry. I never seen an "upgrade" that is cheaper then to buy the new widget. it does not make business sense.
I don't think that anyone is going to pay $200 for a used car and then spend $229 for an upgrade kit just so they can save $10. Xray will still sell kits and I'd be willing to bet that the profit margin for the upgrade kits is better than the entire kit. IMO, most people who are looking to buy the upgrade kit are already dedicated Xray drivers who have a T2, springs, and spur gears. I would like to see the kit come with the bare minimum product at the bare minimum price. I don't need extra stuff sitting around in my pit box. Who needs FOUR spare Xray arms anyway?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #1109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
What class are you gonna run at that race? I'm running mod if Fred and everyone is gonna run. If not.....19 turn will be huge!!
I'd like to run 19T but if it is going to be MOD....so be it. You pick the class I beat you in this time!

Take THAT!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #1110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
I don't think that anyone is going to pay $200 for a used car and then spend $229 for an upgrade kit just so they can save $10. Xray will still sell kits and I'd be willing to bet that the profit margin for the upgrade kits is better than the entire kit. IMO, most people who are looking to buy the upgrade kit are already dedicated Xray drivers who have a T2, springs, and spur gears. I would like to see the kit come with the bare minimum product at the bare minimum price. I don't need extra stuff sitting around in my pit box. Who needs FOUR spare Xray arms anyway?
Xrays pricing is whacked on some things, take a t2r, $200 4 replacement cvd assemblies are $88, bulkheads are $120 for all 4, those 8 pieces are more than the whole car. Not that you should be replacing bulkheads, but you can see how the kit is worth a lot more in replacement part prices.