R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2006, 03:45 PM   #1006
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccars4scott
can anyone tell me if the box stock setup that comes with the EU Spec for rubber tire on carpet is pretty good for stock racing with CS27 take off's on medium bite carpet? it seems to be a considerably stiffer set up than came with the original T2. i will be racing it this weekend and just want to make sure that I am reasonably close when i get to the track. Thanks.

Scott

I would suggest starting with this setup, it is VERY good.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #1007
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccars4scott
can anyone tell me if the box stock setup that comes with the EU Spec for rubber tire on carpet is pretty good for stock racing with CS27 take off's on medium bite carpet? it seems to be a considerably stiffer set up than came with the original T2. i will be racing it this weekend and just want to make sure that I am reasonably close when i get to the track. Thanks.

Scott
Yes Scott the base set up for the car for rubber tyres works well and has been tried and tested to find its way into the kit set up.

There are many others already for the 007 availble on Xrays web site you may find one of those may suit your style better if the kit setting is not as you would like.

hope that Helps

Nathan
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #1008
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Aren't those 12th scale freaking addictive.....LOL
-SHookie <><
So you got yours built huh...I might start building mine (Gen X) tomorrow at Socal.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:04 AM   #1009
Tech Regular
 
part-time racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Faster than a speeding bullet
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Good luck with the race this weekend.
Thanks man, I hope to see a number of 007's doing well this weekend. For us here in the UK, this meeting is as good as it gets. There are potentially 15 drivers which have the skill to win it in 19t!!! Out of this 15 there are 3 T2'007's EU. I should think there will be a few good set-ups on the xray site by monday evening.
I'll try and get some pictures of the meeting on here at some point to.
__________________
Richard Clarke
EWS Event Organizer

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #1010
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
So you got yours built huh...I might start building mine (Gen X) tomorrow at Socal.
It took longer to put the electronics in mine than to build the actual car..You know had to make all the wires all pretty...LOL

Yea bro that Gen X is nuts..
Get to race it tomorrow at BC for the first time..Real excited for that.....
You might want to pick up some pinks or double pinks for BC though...seems the softer tire helps a bit. At least that what the fast guys were running...LOL

I will jut got my 007 today...not enough time today to build it for racing tomorrow so I will take my time during the week for next sundays racing.
L8A
-Shookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #1011
Tech Master
 
losi guy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,258
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to losi guy
Default

I just ordered mine, I hope this car kicks butt!
__________________
Spektrum | Avid | DE Racing | Tekno
losi guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:32 PM   #1012
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default

You don't need the Euro version to run rubber tires. The US version is plenty fast with rubber tires.
__________________
Geoff C.
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #1013
Tech Master
 
losi guy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,258
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to losi guy
Default

yes, i got the U.S. one.
__________________
Spektrum | Avid | DE Racing | Tekno
losi guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:11 AM   #1014
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by part-time racer
Thanks man, I hope to see a number of 007's doing well this weekend. For us here in the UK, this meeting is as good as it gets. There are potentially 15 drivers which have the skill to win it in 19t!!! Out of this 15 there are 3 T2'007's EU. I should think there will be a few good set-ups on the xray site by monday evening.
I'll try and get some pictures of the meeting on here at some point to.
how did the racing go??
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #1015
Tech Regular
 
part-time racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Faster than a speeding bullet
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
how did the racing go??
Not great. Qualified 17th in the end so it was the B final for me. Beat a few real good drivers so not that bad.
The car was great but i need roll-bars front and rear. I spoke to one of the top UK drivers (Ben Cosgrove) and he suggested i needed to fit them as the grip was high and the car looked sluggish through the in-field.
Ended up 4th over-all in the B. I'll do better next time.

Have a look at the size of the track.
www.carpetwars.com
__________________
Richard Clarke
EWS Event Organizer

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:56 AM   #1016
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by part-time racer
Not great. Qualified 17th in the end so it was the B final for me. Beat a few real good drivers so not that bad.
The car was great but i need roll-bars front and rear. I spoke to one of the top UK drivers (Ben Cosgrove) and he suggested i needed to fit them as the grip was high and the car looked sluggish through the in-field.
Ended up 4th over-all in the B. I'll do better next time.

Have a look at the size of the track.
www.carpetwars.com
Told you, you needed rolls bars Rich

I Tq`d the meeting 19T Class by 6.5 secs with my 007.

First Final was a walk in the park and won by nearly a lap over some of the best drivers in the country in 19T.

Second final I had a small problem with power and on investigation found one cell in the pack had gone down so 4th in the final was all I could manage other drivers also had problems in the final so it was fortunate for me to finish the meeting 3rd Overall.

Car was real good I will be posting a set up on the Xray site later today my user name on there is NathanRS2k

Laters
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:57 AM   #1017
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by part-time racer
Not great. Qualified 17th in the end so it was the B final for me. Beat a few real good drivers so not that bad.
The car was great but i need roll-bars front and rear. I spoke to one of the top UK drivers (Ben Cosgrove) and he suggested i needed to fit them as the grip was high and the car looked sluggish through the in-field.
Ended up 4th over-all in the B. I'll do better next time.

Have a look at the size of the track.
www.carpetwars.com
Ypu'll get em' next time Is your track foams or rubber? I can't remember if you said so already. Track looks like it could be challenging. I was blown back by the car for my first time out. I couldn't ask for anything better. I made one little mistake in my main that cost me a top three and I didn't finish the race. Battery bar popped loose so that's a bad soldering job on my part. Can't fault the car. I'll have better luck next time.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:58 AM   #1018
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Ypu'll get em' next time Is your track foams or rubber? I can't remember if you said so already. Track looks like it could be challenging. I was blown back by the car for my first time out. I couldn't ask for anything better. I made one little mistake in my main that cost me a top three and I didn't finish the race. Battery bar popped loose so that's a bad soldering job on my part. Can't fault the car. I'll have better luck next time.
Track is all Rubber
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #1019
Tech Regular
 
part-time racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Faster than a speeding bullet
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
Told you, you needed rolls bars Rich

I Tq`d the meeting 19T Class by 6.5 secs with my 007.

First Final was a walk in the park and won by nearly a lap over some of the best drivers in the country in 19T.

Second final I had a small problem with power and on investigation found one cell in the pack had gone down so 4th in the final was all I could manage other drivers also had problems in the final so it was fortunate for me to finish the meeting 3rd Overall.

Car was real good I will be posting a set up on the Xray site later today my user name on there is NathanRS2k

Laters

Message to all: This guys car was super fast. If your running on a highish grip carpet with rubbers (Vtec 24r Used on day) try this set-up. To be able to almost lap the entire field, which is made up with some of the best 19t drivers here in the UK is good going.

Nathan:
__________________
Richard Clarke
EWS Event Organizer

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #1020
Tech Regular
 
part-time racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Faster than a speeding bullet
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Ypu'll get em' next time Is your track foams or rubber? I can't remember if you said so already. Track looks like it could be challenging. I was blown back by the car for my first time out. I couldn't ask for anything better. I made one little mistake in my main that cost me a top three and I didn't finish the race. Battery bar popped loose so that's a bad soldering job on my part. Can't fault the car. I'll have better luck next time.
The track was a major challenge. The chicane section leading onto the main straight was real hard work for most drivers.

I'm sure you will have better luck next time mate. When's the next time?
__________________
Richard Clarke
EWS Event Organizer

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XRAY T2'007 KyLayfield R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-19-2008 10:39 AM
Need Xray t2'007 parts edgaras R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 10-29-2007 04:11 AM
WTB/WTT: Xray T2 or T2'007 WheelNut R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 09-15-2007 06:02 PM
XRay T2'007 duckman996 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 02-06-2007 01:29 PM
Xray T2'007 US Edition fastzach R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-27-2006 04:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:34 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net