R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #916
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
The T2 has adjustable pistons. How is running lighter oil different from opening another piston hole?

<---- Newb

-Adam

Great question.... been wondering that myself. Will be taking notes when the answer is given
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:32 PM   #917
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

opening another hole is a much bigger change than changing oil weight. Usually you can get your set up close with holes and then fine tune with oil weight.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:59 PM   #918
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

How are yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu doing paul lemiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuix doing?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:28 PM   #919
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Got my car today. So now it time to have a little fun
Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #920
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

what electronics and servos are the best to keep the car balanced?
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #921
Gravity RC

Adam:to be perfectly honest I dont know. I know that it does make a difference mainly with the pack of the shock, and the off-road guys do more with it than i ever have. maybe the EVICERATOR can shed a little technicial light on us. But for the most part usually 30wt with 1,2,3 or 4 hole is just fine for me.

Hi Steve, will you be in OH next week

Gonzo: any servo works well ( I use the futaba 9550) then i run my rx on its side as far foreward as possible, then just behind that i run the Lrp Sphere on its side as well backing up to the rx so there is a good gap between the motor and the speedo. basicly i push everything foreward as much as possible to get things as ballanced as possible.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #922
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to makytc4

anyone gotta half decent polished floor setup for oo7 eu yet. tried it with a diff tonight it shocking to drive. tried it with spool lot better but grabs out of the bends. any way could stop this grabbing effect
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #923
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L
Adam:to be perfectly honest I dont know. I know that it does make a difference mainly with the pack of the shock, and the off-road guys do more with it than i ever have. maybe the EVICERATOR can shed a little technicial light on us. But for the most part usually 30wt with 1,2,3 or 4 hole is just fine for me.

Hi Steve, will you be in OH next week

Gonzo: any servo works well ( I use the futaba 9550) then i run my rx on its side as far foreward as possible, then just behind that i run the Lrp Sphere on its side as well backing up to the rx so there is a good gap between the motor and the speedo. basicly i push everything foreward as much as possible to get things as ballanced as possible.
Hey Paul, any chance with your new found technical wizadry you could maybe post a picture for all to see of your electronic layout?
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #924
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin
I ran my new Euro Version 007 tonite and it ran great. I used the same setup for rubber tire / asphalt indoor racing at socal and the car ran great for TQ .

But in the main, the front bearings heated up and melted the steering block and the cvd and bearings pulled out and the plastic had melted. I was leading and had the race in hand , until this happened......

Any possible reasons why this happened ?
Did you figure out what caused this problem yet? Hope you did.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:04 PM   #925
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From the XRay Forums

"VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE !!

To: All XRAY T2'007 Owners
Date: 27th October 2006
Subject: T2'007 Ball-bearing Oiling

Additional Information for the ball-bearings
After feedback that T2'007 ball-bearings tend to fail sooner than usual, we have performed in-depth analysis, measurement, and comparison to the previous batches of ball-bearings. All measurements and testing have shown that the ball-bearings in the T2'007 kits have no defects with respect to size, material, or workmanship; in fact, the ball-bearings are manufactured with higher precision and tolerance than previously. The situation is in fact due to the increased precision and higher tolerances of these ball-bearings; when dust or carpet fibres enter into the ball-bearing it becomes trapped and the ball-bearing locks up and unfortunately, this tends to happen sooner than the previous batch of ball-bearings.

For this reason the ball-bearings must be serviced, cleaned, and oiled more frequently when the car is run in dusty conditions or on carpet with fibres.

We suggest the following maintenance procedures for the T2'007
ball-bearings:

1) Apply standard bearing oil in all ball-bearings BEFORE installing the ball-bearings in the car.

2) When running in dusty conditions or on carpet with fibres (which stick to the car) you will have to clean and oil the ball-bearings much more frequently. For this reason we suggest that you regularly inspect the bearings, clean all the debris from the car, and oil the bearings.

3) When servicing, always apply a sufficient amount of bearing oil.

4) The increased amount of servicing is essential when the ball-bearings are new. By regular use and servicing the ball-bearings will develop higher play."
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #926
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I heard this car is dialed with gritty bearings! Oh, wait, I already used that one...
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #927
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
From the XRay Forums

Additional Information for the ball-bearings
After feedback that T2'007 ball-bearings tend to fail sooner than usual, we have performed in-depth analysis, measurement, and comparison to the previous batches of ball-bearings. All measurements and testing have shown that the ball-bearings in the T2'007 kits have no defects with respect to size, material, or workmanship; in fact, the ball-bearings are manufactured with higher precision and tolerance than previously. The situation is in fact due to the increased precision and higher tolerances of these ball-bearings; when dust or carpet fibres enter into the ball-bearing it becomes trapped and the ball-bearing locks up and unfortunately, this tends to happen sooner than the previous batch of ball-bearings.

For this reason the ball-bearings must be serviced, cleaned, and oiled more frequently when the car is run in dusty conditions or on carpet with fibres.

We suggest the following maintenance procedures for the T2'007
ball-bearings:

1) Apply standard bearing oil in all ball-bearings BEFORE installing the ball-bearings in the car.

2) When running in dusty conditions or on carpet with fibres (which stick to the car) you will have to clean and oil the ball-bearings much more frequently. For this reason we suggest that you regularly inspect the bearings, clean all the debris from the car, and oil the bearings.

3) When servicing, always apply a sufficient amount of bearing oil.

4) The increased amount of servicing is essential when the ball-bearings are new. By regular use and servicing the ball-bearings will develop higher play."
thats interesting.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #928
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I heard this car is dialed with gritty bearings! Oh, wait, I already used that one...
BACK, BACK, BACK into your hole!!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #929
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
The T2 has adjustable pistons. How is running lighter oil different from opening another piston hole?

<---- Newb

-Adam
I'm not learned in the technical details. However, I have found one rule of thumb that seems to always work, when measuring compression and rebound speed on a shock length tool.

Regarding compression speed, a 2 hole piston difference is close to a 5wt shock oil difference with xray oil. However, the lighter weight oil setup always seems to have a slightly quicker rebound.

Examples:

1. 30wt with 2 holes closed is very similar to 35wt with 0 holes closed
2. 25wt with 3 holes closed is very similar to 30wt with 1 hole closed
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:43 PM   #930
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
From the XRay Forums

This doesn't sound like a positive at all??? Bad translation maybe?

I just got a '007 this passed week and I have to say that I am impressed with the car so far ... we'll see how it stacks-up against the RDX - so-far, pretty close with only one-day tunning on it. I do have to say - the build quality of Mr. Hudy's work is 2nd to none. It was awesome with my 1st T1 - and it's still awesome today.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote