R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #826
Gravity RC

Guo Chen: I have looked into what we have been talking about and even disassembled my race car to see if i could figure out your issue. I did notice a small amount of what you speak of depending on how i check it. when i re assybbled the car on a flat plate everything turned out good just as before. That being said i dont think that it is a tweak issue atall, because when i go threw the motions of setting my tweak on this car i have never had the cross weights far enough off to even think for a second that i have a tweaked chassis or bent part. I do understand your concern though, maybe try assymbling the car complete and if you still dont feel right about things send the chassis back, but i am sure of one thing, that when you do race the car you will be more than happy with its performance.

Thanks paul
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #827
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L
Guo Chen: I have looked into what we have been talking about and even disassembled my race car to see if i could figure out your issue. I did notice a small amount of what you speak of depending on how i check it. when i re assybbled the car on a flat plate everything turned out good just as before. That being said i dont think that it is a tweak issue atall, because when i go threw the motions of setting my tweak on this car i have never had the cross weights far enough off to even think for a second that i have a tweaked chassis or bent part. I do understand your concern though, maybe try assymbling the car complete and if you still dont feel right about things send the chassis back, but i am sure of one thing, that when you do race the car you will be more than happy with its performance.

Thanks paul

Hey Paulie never mind i will try to assembled the car completely and run. Since you guy will be going to race Indoor Champ two week later or the the gate cleveland warm up race next week i would past my kit to you guy see or check what problem going on. becasue i have check with my local hobby shop their new 007 kit chassis are flat at all not like me
Old 11-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #828
Gravity RC

yea man, we will get you set up. see ya there
Old 11-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #829
Tech Apprentice

Default Front Arm Sweep

Paul L,

Hey, I noticed you have run front arm sweep in some (ok, maybe one) of your set ups. What are you trying to achieve when running sweep up front?

Thanks...
RacingStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #830
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i assembled the car and it stayed flat within .010.i really dont think that it will cause any problems.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #831
Gravity RC

racing storm: well first off we used to run front arm sweep(out) with the xxxs, i always thought that is why that car turned into the courner well but i think hurt that car as much as it helped. scince then i have had a no front arm sweep policy which i usually stick to unless if i suck that weekend and have to copy someone's car which then i copy the entire set-up and sometimes come up with arm sweep in some of my sheets. from what i understand out usually gives you more steering in to the courner and in gives you more steering coming out and sometimes more high speed steering. but if you want to get technicial it acually changes the axis of the roll center over the front end, but i figure if i cant usually apply it why bother. so i try not to use it. sorry i dont have a more solid answer but it may be a great question for the Mike Blackstock thread because i know that he runs it alot.

Thanks alot paul
Old 11-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #832
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta
If anybody (in North/South America ofcourse) needs any kind of help, don't hesitate to call us, as we have A LOT of email to go through as it is, it will expedite the service process greatly if you gives us a shout over the trusty, failsafe telephone.

(214) 744-2400

If it is a problem with a chassis, please understand that we may need you to send it to us.

watch out, Rocco... ill call you all the time, just for the fun of it!!!!

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #833
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Paul L great to see you on here helping out the fellow racers.

I am almost convinced to make a switch
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #834
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
I am almost convinced to make a switch
I’m almost convinced to make a sandwich…..thanks

Long live the days of "Thirteen Twooooo"!!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #835
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L
yea man, we will get you set up. see ya there
is that 28mm tire more better runing in mod compare to 26mm tire?
Old 11-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #836
Gravity RC

Thanks wallstreet, if your in the market for a new car i think it would be cool to se you running x-ray and obviously i will help you out as much as i can.

Kevin: Funny lol

Guo Chen: I do think that the 28mm is better in mod. when did the test i thought that the 26mm tires felt way faster but on the clock they were not as fast. I think that it felt faster do to the lighter tire having more rotation threw the courner but it ended up not having the overall concistent traction to produce a fast lap time in modified. im not saying that the 26s could not be better in some track situations but i think 99% of the time the 28mm tire will be better in mod. I am convinced that in stock the 26mm wraps are an absolute must and in 19 i think that they can be better alot of the time.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #837
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv
So how is your Hindi coming along?

I bet his English is better
I'm sure it is. Who would waste their time learning Hindi? I eat cows, not worship them.

I was trying to be funny. He obviously didn't get it. At least he knows what type car to buy.

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics - no matter who wins, you're both retarded.

I am Batman
Two-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For those of you waiting for the rubber tire '007...let's just say XRay did not disappoint!!! Builds and runs like a dream
Old 11-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #839
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
For those of you waiting for the rubber tire '007...let's just say XRay did not disappoint!!! Builds and runs like a dream
Quit Bragin Sucka.....
Someone will launch ya into the Socal Wall and break that pretty new ride just for braggin'.....LOL
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #840
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigoTC3fan Send a message via Yahoo to bigoTC3fan

Hey Fred do you have a good set up for that car.........mine should be here by Tuesday, i can't wait to get it together and try it out
B5 /Hobbywing /Futaba
bigoTC3fan is offline   Reply With Quote