R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #781
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L
Guo Chean: I could be saying things that everyone knows, and i am not saying that your doing anything wrong atall. Here is exactly what i do when i build a fresh car: I start with a flat plate and i always make sure that it has not worped atall, then clean it and the chassis. chassis should be flat on the plate, then i assymble the car pece by pece checking the chassis on the flat plate every pece. with a new car it is easy to get twisted because when you put the brand new belts in it will pull things together because they will be tight when new. and when i put the top plates on the car it is important to hold the front and rear of the chassis to the plate when tightening the screws. this has always worked for me . thanks paul
i know what you are saying but now i already unassembled everthing that i screw on the chassis and the chassis still the tweak as what i say previously.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #782
Gravity RC

achupp2: its hard to say how often, some set-ups just burn threw diffs for me and sometimes my diffs last forever, but when one goes crunchy it is best to rebuild the entire thing meaning a new thrust assymbly and diff balls, you can flip the rings. it is also important to the life of the diff to set the proper tightness before you hit the track, obviously for stock youcan get away with a looser setting with out roasting the diff as you could in mod. I dont have a number of turns because i feel that if I were to say( all the way tight and two turns out) you would ruen the diff right there by making it to tight, so i usually put the diff in the car and test it by holdong the spur and one tire and turning the other tire untill it takes some effort to slip the diff but it should not skip the belt. hope this helps paul
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #783
Gravity RC

Guo Chean: if that is the case i dont have any other suggestions, i think that your only two options would be to proceed building and im sure that the car will run great anyways, or to call Rca and try and get a replacement. the team and the company totally stands behid their product because we all think that it is the best. you can PM me anytime with any questions or reguards, Sorry i couldent help more paul
Old 11-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #784
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Guo Chean: if that is the case i dont have any other suggestions, i think that your only two options would be to proceed building and im sure that the car will run great anyways, or to call Rca and try and get a replacement. the team and the company totally stands behid their product because we all think that it is the best. you can PM me anytime with any questions or reguards, Sorry i couldent help more paul
never mind i would try to assembled everything in and try to put on tweak station see whether it tweak or not. anyway thanks for helping me solving my question thanks.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #785
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
YOUR VEGAS SET UP DOESN'T HAVE THE CAMBER LINK LOCATIONS MARKED OFF. DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE THEY WERE??? I JUST WISH I HAD A CAR. THE EU VERSION ISN'T OUT YET AND I DON'T SEE THE NEED TO GET THE CARPET CAR AND TRY RUNNING ON RUBBER TIRES I'LL BE RUNNING A BUDDIES REGULAR T2 FOR THE CLUB RACE ON THE 22ND.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #786
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hello i need some help with my 007, what size pinion with a monster and 116 spur, what size tires 57mm? also why on the set up sheets is everyone running double pinks in the front and 30wt oil with this really work?
superslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #787
Gravity RC

Clint: sorry i did not notice that the camber links were blank, what the team has liked lately which i suggest is long and low front and rear with the long position in the rear hub as well.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #788
Tech Champion

Quote:
Clint: sorry i did not notice that the camber links were blank, what the team has liked lately which i suggest is long and low front and rear with the long position in the rear hub as well.
SO THE OUTTER HOLE ON THE REAR HUB? THANKS LIL BUDDY!!! I'M GOING TO RUN THIS SAME SET UP ON THE REGULAR T2 FOR THE RACE ON THE 22ND IF MY BOY HAS THE CENTER ONEWAY AND PROPER SWAY BARS.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #789
Gravity RC

superslow: as for the pinion spur and tire size for stock i think that maybe EA or someone could accually point you in a better direction than i could, sorry.
as for the double pinks and 30 wt: yea it can work if your track is right, the 30wt is good everywhere x-ray 30 is accually thicker than most others 30wt. the dp front tires are somewhat scary though, for the most part i still highly recomend standard dp-orange front tires just because if the traction comes up atall with straight dp's they have the tendency to frey and also become very twitchy and just plain hard to drive and inconcistent.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #790
Gravity RC

Hang on Clint, i thought that you meant foam, if your talkin rubber you need High and long in the front and high and short in the rear, long on the rear hub and 1mm under outside front and rear.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:13 PM   #791
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
SO THE OUTTER HOLE ON THE REAR HUB? THANKS LIL BUDDY!!! I'M GOING TO RUN THIS SAME SET UP ON THE REGULAR T2 FOR THE RACE ON THE 22ND IF MY BOY HAS THE CENTER ONEWAY AND PROPER SWAY BARS.

you think!!
definitely no center oneway.......
Old 11-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #792
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hang on Clint, i thought that you meant foam, if your talkin rubber you need High and long in the front and high and short in the rear, long on the rear hub and 1mm under outside front and rear.
You trying to have me throw my first races or something.... Thanks for the info. I won't need the foam help until Vegas. I don't think I'll run rubber tire again this time around.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:16 PM   #793
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal bains
you think!!
definetly no center oneway.......
you get the car together so that Paul isn't typing for the hell of it???? Let me know when I can come and get it so that I can rebuild it. You'll be getting a new set up car to run or sell.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #794
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just want to say thank you Xray for a fantastic car and Travis Schreven for a wicked stock setup!

Them and only them, managed to get me a win and TQ in stock, and a TQ in 19T at the first round of the WCICS series.

The 007 took all the TQ's and wins!

Thanks Again
Rod

Rod Littau

Last edited by slotcarrod; 11-10-2006 at 08:50 AM.
slotcarrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #795
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslow
hello i need some help with my 007, what size pinion with a monster and 116 spur, what size tires 57mm? also why on the set up sheets is everyone running double pinks in the front and 30wt oil with this really work?
With regards the pinion size. If your track is tight, a 29T. If the track is open and you can carry speed, 30-31T. Hope this helps!
Rod

Rod Littau
slotcarrod is offline   Reply With Quote