Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice to see you online, Paul!
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #737
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey Paul are you still in WI? Glad to see you've updated to the Internet now!!

See ya in a few weeks

EA

P.S. TP wants to know how's that crystal ball?
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #738
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
One note for guys out there with the graphite battery strap and 4200 batteries. I noticed today while finishing the 007 that the battery strap was very tight. This can be a big issue if there is no play in the battery strap because it can cause tweak in the chassis. It dawned on me the newer cells are larger in diameter then the older 3800's. To fix the problem I simply put a 1mm spacer under the battery strap posts.
Good tip Anthony! I too noticed it'll put a tweak on the chassis with the strap slightly bowed. Yeah, and I ended up slotting the battery slots a lot more than normal because of the thicker chassis and put the extra shim under the posts.

Dom
Old 11-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #739
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi Guys Im fianally got in the 1990s and got internet in my house, so i will be on here a good bit now.
Hey Paul, congrats on the Vegas showing. Have a question for you or any of the team guys. What's the idea behind cutting the front bumper small? I see the Europeans do it constantly. It's almost the opposite concept of putting the high impact lower bumper that XRAY offers.

Dom
Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #740
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Hey Paul, congrats on the Vegas showing. Have a question for you or any of the team guys. What's the idea behind cutting the front bumper small? I see the Europeans do it constantly. It's almost the opposite concept of putting the high impact lower bumper that XRAY offers.

Dom
Im not Paul but I think the reason is that if you have the full width hard bumper on the front and you barely touch the wall it shoots you way out of the line. With the bumper cut down you can touch the wall but it will just move you out a little....Not half way accross the track but you still have enough bumper on the very front for sever "Blow outs"

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #741
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Im not Paul but I think the reason is that if you have the full width hard bumper on the front and you barely touch the wall it shoots you way out of the line. With the bumper cut down you can touch the wall but it will just move you out a little....Not half way accross the track but you still have enough bumper on the very front for sever "Blow outs"

EA
That makes sense. Thanks EA! I guess us mortals will stick with the full width bumper!

Dom
Old 11-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #742
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
One note for guys out there with the graphite battery strap and 4200 batteries. I noticed today while finishing the 007 that the battery strap was very tight. This can be a big issue if there is no play in the battery strap because it can cause tweak in the chassis. It dawned on me the newer cells are larger in diameter then the older 3800's. To fix the problem I simply put a 1mm spacer under the battery strap posts.
Are your batteries sitting flush with the bottom of the chassis? The only way I have not seen the battery strap fit nice is when the chassis is not filed enough. Take your time and re file each slot and you will not need to use any shims to raise the strap to clear the pack.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #743
Tech Initiate

Small bumper gives more steering. Don't ask me why, but try it and you will notice. Good for rubber tires.
Morrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #744
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi Guys Im fianally got in the 1990s and got internet in my house, so i will be on here a good bit now.

Chris Chavez, as far as i know my rubber tire car in vegas was a stock 007 eu kit. granted with a few set up changes. i have not recieved the kit in a box yet so i am not totally sure what arms and caster blocks will come with it . i think that it would have standard arms with 4 deg caster and if that is the case it would be the same thing i ran. the foam kit has the x-hard arms in it which are better for foam than rubber for sure.
The EU kit comes (here in Holland) with 4 dgr. caster and hard (not extra hard) composite.

BTW Paul nice to see you on-line
Old 11-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #745
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

anyone find that the chassis is not completely flat?
mine has play in the front, about 1mmi layed it flat on my board and it rocks front to back.i also put a ruler along the bottom of chassis and there is a gap i the front between the chassis and the ruler.i stopped building.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #746
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Babylou

I had a burr on mine.. Removed burr and it sat flat...
Babylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #747
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey
Small bumper gives more steering. Don't ask me why, but try it and you will notice. Good for rubber tires.
. This is indeed why you see lots of factory guys cutting their bumpers so narrow! It works especially at higher speeds.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #748
Gravity RC

thanks EA, yea im in WI for good now

Litespeed-dom, the whole bumper thing is weird, that is something that i started doing on asphalt because i saw others doing it and i figured there was a reason, but yea i think that it gives you more steering. as for on carpet im not convinced that it is the thing to do. boards are in more play racing carpet so im against it for indoor racing.

joep: thanks alot for the info, so the eu007 is the exact same as my car was in vegas, minus the yellow and baby blue springs.

Gonzo: i would start over from the bare chassis and check it with every item you assemble then you should get to the botom of it. and if your still having problems let me know i will try and help you more.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #749
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Topher*
Are you sure? I just tried putting the 3200 in mine and it won't fit. How much grinding do you have to do? Anyone have a picture of it fitting?
Did I say 3200??? NO.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #750
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
thanks EA, yea im in WI for good now

Litespeed-dom, the whole bumper thing is weird, that is something that i started doing on asphalt because i saw others doing it and i figured there was a reason, but yea i think that it gives you more steering. as for on carpet im not convinced that it is the thing to do. boards are in more play racing carpet so im against it for indoor racing.

joep: thanks alot for the info, so the eu007 is the exact same as my car was in vegas, minus the yellow and baby blue springs.

Gonzo: i would start over from the bare chassis and check it with every item you assemble then you should get to the botom of it. and if your still having problems let me know i will try and help you more.
Hey Paul,

You plan on doing any more nitro racing this year or next? Quite an impressive showing for your first time with an eigth scale at the nationals!!!
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote