R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #706
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Just finished building my 007 and while dry running it on the bench I noticed the front end chatters something terribly when turning the wheels. Has anyone else noticed that? The universals appeared to be really free when I built them. Anyone got ideas how to correct?
rraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:28 PM   #707
Tech Regular

All Xray cars have this. Just turn your EPA down. When U use a spool it is at his worst. It is no problem in your build job

My experience is that if you have to turn your wheels that far for getting into a corner your setup is not the best or the grip is very very low.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:22 PM   #708
Tech Adept

a little late but to come back on the filling of the batt slots,

i do my slots with an old batt wrapped in sandingpaper, this way you sand the whole edge equally on both sides. besides that, its just simple and it (should) always fit(s)... its not in 10 minutes but if youre filling your batt slots in like 10 minutes you dont Love your new car. so, Show some love and take some time for your new baby

Mark
Markiempje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:22 AM   #709
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default WOW

All i can say is, what a car, my two sons got one each this week and on Friday night out of the box with 2 minutes practice each one, was TQ and 1st in final, the other 3rd, fastest lap of the night etc. Turns better than T2 (which i now have to replace my BMI TC3) they both improved by just over 1 second per lap (13 sec laps) from T2, same motor, gears, Feral batteries etc. No probs at all without any adjustments made, that will come. Great car to have and win with.
AUSSIE BOB
AUSSIE BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 AM   #710
Tech Adept

Default front end problems

If the front is jumping up and down it means you have to much grip set up. I found that with the 007 it has a lot more strearing and front grip than the t2, i moved my shocks from the hole all the way in to the one right out on the edge. Also chech what hole you have set in the shocky. Last of all you can try to increase the droop on the front end. I had the "chatter" on the back and increased the droop to 6 and it was fine. Hope that helps
cheekydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:20 AM   #711
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekydevil
If the front is jumping up and down it means you have to much grip set up. I found that with the 007 it has a lot more strearing and front grip than the t2, i moved my shocks from the hole all the way in to the one right out on the edge. Also chech what hole you have set in the shocky. Last of all you can try to increase the droop on the front end. I had the "chatter" on the back and increased the droop to 6 and it was fine. Hope that helps
What kind of track surface and tires?
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

are all the bearings the same size as the the T2???
Old 11-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #713
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Yes they are the same size

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #714
Tech Adept

i waaant this car!! should i get this car if i race on ashpalt or should i get a t2r or a t2??
juanfinesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #715
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So, this was my entire weekend....

Sanding the chassis took pretty much all of Friday night and good part of Saturday afternoon. Didn't even need the manual, each car took about 3 hours total.

Dom
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T2'007-dsc_0746.jpg   Xray T2'007-dsc_0747.jpg   Xray T2'007-dsc_0748.jpg  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #716
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanfinesse
i waaant this car!! should i get this car if i race on ashpalt or should i get a t2r or a t2??

Juan,

If you are racing on asphalt then get the T2'007 EU version, European.

The carbon decks on Euro version are more suited to asphalt, and it comes with a front Multi-Diff.

These are an awesome car...full stop.

Cheers,

Robbie

Yokomo * HobbyWing * Sanwa
xray racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #717
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta
You guys have it all wrong. The method all of us uncool guys here at RC America use is described by the pics below.

Use one of the large grinding discs (a little smaller than a sub-C cell) to rough out the slots, then take an engraving tool (linear cutting bit) to smooth the slots and round the ends to prevent them from cutting in the ends of the cells.

Less than 10 minutes...
Rocco, thanks a ton for the tip!! One of the reasons I have not started on my 007 was the battery slots. Tonight on the way home from the race track I stopped by Home Depot and picked up a Dremel sanding/grinding pack that had these three bits in it.

The large green disk, as your suggested, for doing the main slots. The disk is a little smaller in diameter then a 4200 cell but works perfect.

The small green cone shaped bit is perfect for the ends of the battery slots and corners.

The large orange block is perfect for beveling the edges of the chassis.

The whole thing took me less then 15 minutes, fastest of any chassis to date for me.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:33 AM   #718
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
All i can say is, what a car, my two sons got one each this week and on Friday night out of the box with 2 minutes practice each one, was TQ and 1st in final, the other 3rd, fastest lap of the night etc. Turns better than T2 (which i now have to replace my BMI TC3) they both improved by just over 1 second per lap (13 sec laps) from T2, same motor, gears, Feral batteries etc. No probs at all without any adjustments made, that will come. Great car to have and win with.
AUSSIE BOB
As my father said, a great car. The front was very twitchy and I am thinking about playing around with the roll centre next. All I did was transfer my original settings from my T2 onto the 007. I then had to move the shocks on the front 2 holes out. It had way to much stearing and I mean WAY TO MUCH!

Here is a vid of my second heat. 2nd was a lap down after 5 min and I can tell you I had a lot of trouble even keeping up with the pink car with my old T2. He has to be one of our best drivers in the club. 2nd was a 415MSX, 3rd T2007 and 4th T2.

http://amd.streamload.com/dadamanz/H...007%20Heat.wmv
Dadaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #719
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 007 domination!

Did Xray raise the bar or what?

First carpet series race in this area this weekend with the 007 and it was total domination. None of the other cars even had a chance. Easily the best chassis I've ever run, and it's only gonna get better as everybody gets comfortable with their own setups.

Looks like Xray just changed the game....again!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:47 AM   #720
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Babylou
Default setup

What setup is everyone running on the 007? I know xray posted some of their setups they have used as IIC and cleveland. I was thinking of going with Mike blackstocks setup from IIC?? Just wandering...
Babylou is offline   Reply With Quote