R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-28-2006, 03:55 AM   #571
Tech Regular

I know this is a public forum and that everybody is free to give his or her opinion, but may I request to take this discussion elsewhere and that we go back on topic please?
Old 10-28-2006, 05:15 AM   #572
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, how did this get so negative? Shookie may have been a bit direct, but he is entitled to his opinion right.

While I know full well I shouldn't, I would like to share one view that I have in response to the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
freedom of speech = no restrictions
Being a moderater on the XRay forums I see people posting views with the above in mind. However I would like to add something to this. Freedom comes with the responsibility on how you use this freedom. While I agree with the general principle behind the quote I disagree with the resulting view that statements made are therefore allways acceptable. Don't hold back your views, but please be responsible and think twice about the way you communicate them.

To put it differently, you also have the freedom not to offend while voicing an opinion.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #573
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Again,

I am Sorry that what I said may have raised a few eyebrows as I was a bit frustrated to find out the week of release that the EU version wasn't making the trip this time.
I thought it was rude knowing that there were alot of EU preorders here in the good ol USA. Now that is as far as I went with my tone or displeasure.
How it go beyond that...well that is for another case.
Let us get back to the title of this thread the T2'007.

So for those lucky few, how did it go together? Ultra smooth like the T2 or was there any little things we should be looking out for? I am still not 100% on having my diffs prebuilt, as I still enjoy building them(yea I am a freak like that). But what would rad for the guys that hate building shocks is if Xray would prebuild them with the adjustable pistons and 30wt all around, with 50% rebound....OK Dream over...back to relality...LOL

Hope this other stuff can end and new discustions can continue.
I was hoping for maybe a new decal design...but then agian I like that they didn't as that would have driven up costs...Soooo I will leave that alone...
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #574
Tech Master

Shook, what's your thinking behind deciding to go with the EU vs US spec?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #575
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
Shook, what's your thinking behind deciding to go with the EU vs US spec?

Mainly because there is only one carpet track somewhat close and another getting built a few hours away..
Carpet tracks are few and far between here in SoCal.
Plus they race rubber tire for Stock and 19T and if there are enough peeps that want rubber MOD they would have that too..
So pretty much we race mostly outdoors on asphalt most of the year and even on carpet I race rubber tire so to have Foam specific car would be nearly useless to me..
Thats all..
The EU can do both for me, asphalt and carpet....
-Shookie <><
Old 10-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #576
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Babylou

Geez.. I have to read through all this crap to find out any information about the new xray... Does anyone know when to shut up? A great thread ruined by [email protected]! I hope to have my new 007 this next week.. And I wont have to deal with this bull crap posts from a bunch of babies whom can't wait and can't get what they want. So they cry and complain on this forums when its target use is to provide useful info!! It is not about people complaining and whining about free speach and why didnt they do this and that!! Business is business and most of us will never understand why things are done in a particular manner. Move on people... You will get what you want. You just have to wait! To me it sounds like a bunch of 4 year olds crying because they aren't getting what they want! At least you know what is going on and can plan around it. It is not like you are having to wait months to get it! Man, very depressing reading this thread!

I do have to say I thought XRAY was quick at delivering this next release. Typically they announce it and months later we are still waiting its arrival. I just heard about the 007 2 weeks ago.. And now they are here!.... Hoorraaayyyy!!!!!!!

Now get to racing and quit complaining. No one likes complainers! Don;t worry about bashing. I'm done with this thread.

Thanks to Bryan for letting us know what is going on. Most of us appreciate the updates and customer service!

Last edited by Babylou; 10-28-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Babylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Stop complaining about the....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylou
Geez.. I have to read through all this crap to find out any information about the new xray... Does anyone know when to shut up? A great thread ruined by [email protected]! I hope to have my new 007 this next week.. And I wont have to deal with this bull crap posts from a bunch of babies whom can't wait and can't get what they want. So they cry and complain on this forums when its target use is to provide useful info!! It is not about people complaining and whining about free speach and why didnt they do this and that!! Business is business and most of us will never understand why things are done in a particular manner. Move on people... You will get what you want. You just have to wait! To me it sounds like a bunch of 4 year olds crying because they aren't getting what they want! At least you know what is going on and can plan around it. It is not like you are having to wait months to get it! Man, very depressing reading this thread!

I do have to say I thought XRAY was quick at delivering this next release. Typically they announce it and months later we are still waiting its arrival. I just heard about the 007 2 weeks ago.. And now they are here!.... Hoorraaayyyy!!!!!!!

Now get to racing and quit complaining. No one likes complainers! Don;t worry about bashing. I'm done with this thread.

Thanks to Bryan for letting us know what is going on. Most of us appreciate the updates and customer service!
complaining!
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #578
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastzach
Hey somebody said they didnt believe that GS Hobby had them so here is a pic. They have 2 of the US editions, no Euros.

Contact [email protected] if you are interested. $415 shipped in the US.

Too much crap on practically every thread I read here on tech...

ANYWAY, are those legit "U.S." kit? By "U.S.", I meant came from RC America?

I'm wondering if RC America is throwing in a set of foam tires in the US kit like they did on the T2? Sorry if this was address already... just didn't want to filter pages of crap to find my answer.

Dom
Old 10-29-2006, 03:04 AM   #579
Tech Regular

They are built in Slovakia just like the EU edition. US edition only refers to the specs of the kit: thick chassis, front diff, wide top deck optimized for foam carpet racing.

Mr. Shookie, the kit went together as usual, without a hitch. In fact I had to build it without a manual as I got the kit at the TOSW in Germany before it was released. If you built the T2 then the 007 will be a breeze. The only thing I did wrong was to forget the alu spacer on the top of the adjustable servo saver. Without the manual I simply missed that
Old 10-29-2006, 07:42 AM   #580
Tech Regular

I collected my 007 -EU on Friday and I start the build last night once the twins had gone to sleep.
For me this kit is a big leap forward from my FK05. Could say all the normal crap about the quality of build and its going together like a dream but thats not needed.
The car will be raced at a new winter series for round 2 at Wodson Park.
I have built the car up with a fixed spool. The last round of this meeting I ran the 05 with a diff. One-way was to much oversteer for the cold carpet with rubbers.

Has anyone had any results yet with this car on carpet beyond that of the results listed on the xray site?

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #581
Tech Regular

At the Team Orion Speed Weekend a few weeks ago Jilles used in the finals a spool to make the car easier to drive. But today at a race in Holland with much slower motors everybody used the one way.

And look at the Xray website for setup's

And don't forget to oil all small bearings. They are not sufficient oiled!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #582
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to builthatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
complaining!
haha. true story...
Old 10-30-2006, 12:29 AM   #583
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Picked up my US-Spec '007 today. Going together like a dream!
Two-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:15 AM   #584
Tech Elite

<----------------------Waiting desperately for the EU 007's to arrive...LOL

I would say you should take two Tylenol for that fever........but forget it...MORE COWBELL IS ALWAYS GOOD......LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 10-30-2006, 03:28 AM   #585
Tech Apprentice

Please post pics when she is ready
Nautilian is offline   Reply With Quote