R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Spanky
The 007 can be preordered at speedtechrc.com but they haven't listed a price yet, i hate that. I don't want to preorder because what if i put my credit card # in and find out it's like $600. I'm sure it won't be but just in case ya know. www.teamxray.com has excellent information and pictures on the details of the new kit. I also found there will be a conversion kit to turn a T2 into the 007 US edition or EU edition. I like it a lot but they make a new car too often it's impossible to keep up. might decide to wait for the tc5 belt drive from associated but not sure yet.
As developments occur and changes are made to the cars, Xray chooses to release updated kits instead of hoarding all of the advances for the team only. The majority of parts within a given platform carry over from one revision to the next.

The changes to the Xray chassis platforms have a history of being evolutionary with improvements in performance, tunability, drivability and maintainability.

The releasing of newer, updated kits does not reduce the performance of the existing kits. FK05's and T2's will be just as fast as they were before the release of the T2'007. The T2'007 will simply bring some of the additional features and performance that has been developed based on team feedback to the hands of regular hobbyists.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
actually,i dont think we did.i posted about that 7 posts back.an aftermarket chassis will still fit the car if people would like to add a little thinner chassis and still achieve as good or better torsional strength with less weight and lowered electronics to add to the low cg.all that would need to be changed is the top deck when you think about it.the car does look promising and i look forward to seeing it in future races and maybe in my pits pretty soon.
It would be cool if Xray would pocket the electronic locations .2mm for even lower cg. I saw this on the like 4mm Corrally chassis and it even had the areas for the chassis weights to be lower. Cost on the conversion kit????

Last edited by RCknight; 10-04-2006 at 11:58 PM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:53 PM   #363
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchorr
So when will the 007 be at the hobby shops?
The part numbers have been released and hobby shops should get there backorders in. I'm sure it will be the same story as the original T2, the first shipment will not meet the demand. No offical price yet, but there is talk it will be no more then $50 increase, probably less.

No offical date, but word is late Oct they will arrive in the US. Which means don't expect them until 2nd week of Nov.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:03 AM   #364
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=sliprip]

Wonder what John is doing with all those test chassis Paul gave him in Vegas

QUOTE]

You would be wrong to assume they were BMI chassis.
John Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:25 AM   #365
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Fear Not Spanky,
Speedtech won't charge your CC until he gets email confirmation.
He did that for the T2 and the Cyclone and everyother new chassis released.
He will put up a price he knows is a higher than what it will sell for as to scare off little kids with mommy's CC,
(at least that would have scared me...LOL)
So if you put in a Pre ORder with Speedtech be assured he will email you right
before he is due to receive his shipment with the price he will charge you (propably around $420-$440)
and if you don't respound or email him no there will be no charge to your CC.
I put in my Preorder the first day as to make sure I am on the first batch of recipiants...LOL
As far as is the T2'007 that much better at my level...I don't care, I like
having the newest car for two reasons,
1) I know I have the best engineered car out
2) I can ask any team driver for help with setup when at the track (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.......THANKS GUYS)

Other wise the T2 probably will stay a very competative car and there are tons of setups for it online so you will have lots of help for a long time with it...
So really it is up to you...
If you don't feel you can utilize the newer 007 than trowl the for sale forums in three weeks for used T2's they will be going cheap I reckon...LOL

-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92

Last edited by Mr. Shookie; 10-05-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #366
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

[QUOTE=John Sawyer]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliprip

Wonder what John is doing with all those test chassis Paul gave him in Vegas

QUOTE]

You would be wrong to assume they were BMI chassis.
wow,seems to be some hostility towards my kits.i really dont understand why.i do these kits to try to help people and try to make improvements to cars out there.there is no hatred on my side.the xray car,hot bodies car,AE cars,schumacher cars,i have made kits for all and it was no knock at them.it would think that it would help put them on the podium.its not everyday that these companies can put out new chassis layouts to try.i try to find problems or possible improvements for these cars and make the changes.in my oppinion i think it would help these companies out.it saves them money by not having to revise constantly to make improvements and allows them to recoupe the cost of the initial developement.
paul did get a kit from me about mid summer.if he gave it to you or not is no big deal.if he still has it then thats cool,if not,thats cool too.lets all be easy on eachother here.in the end its all about having fun.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #367
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you ever decide to offer chassis that are milled for LiPo (like the Orion Platinum) instead of individual cells, I'll create a BMI shrine in my office. :-)

[QUOTE=protc3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sawyer

wow,seems to be some hostility towards my kits.i really dont understand why.i do these kits to try to help people and try to make improvements to cars out there.there is no hatred on my side.the xray car,hot bodies car,AE cars,schumacher cars,i have made kits for all and it was no knock at them.it would think that it would help put them on the podium.its not everyday that these companies can put out new chassis layouts to try.i try to find problems or possible improvements for these cars and make the changes.in my oppinion i think it would help these companies out.it saves them money by not having to revise constantly to make improvements and allows them to recoupe the cost of the initial developement.
paul did get a kit from me about mid summer.if he gave it to you or not is no big deal.if he still has it then thats cool,if not,thats cool too.lets all be easy on eachother here.in the end its all about having fun.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #368
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
wow,seems to be some hostility towards my kits.
Aren't you overeacting a bit? You imply your chassis are better than XRay's and John seems to imply the opposite. Where is the hostility in that?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #369
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't read anything at all good or bad about BMI in John's statement, merely that it would be wrong to assume that the chassis that Paul handed to John were BMI.

I know of several local racers running the BMI chassis on their various kits, and I have the utmost respect for the work that BMI does and the quality of their product.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #370
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv
Aren't you overeacting a bit? You imply your chassis are better than XRay's and John seems to imply the opposite. Where is the hostility in that?
i did? i said nothing about my chassis kits until there were remarks made about the new xray car will not need any aftermarket chassis.i never said mine was better.i never saw the new car yet in person.my material is better for the application and i can get away with thinner material.that is fact not oppinion.if i was to say my layout was better which i didnt,that would be my got bent way out of shape.as usual i turn out to be the crazy one if you look back at my posts i said nothing but nice things about the new car and offered my view on the updates to the car and how they would improve the new car.not once did i plug my product.
J Concepts
Old 10-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #371
Tech Lord

[QUOTE=syndr0me]If you ever decide to offer chassis that are milled for LiPo (like the Orion Platinum) instead of individual cells, I'll create a BMI shrine in my office. :-)

i was thinking about it but i have been hearing alot about how light the lipo packs are which would require a whole new design of car to get them to work as good as the current packs and car layouts
J Concepts
Old 10-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default It would help if the electronics were in rather than the lipo.

[QUOTE=protc3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
If you ever decide to offer chassis that are milled for LiPo (like the Orion Platinum) instead of individual cells, I'll create a BMI shrine in my office. :-)

i was thinking about it but i have been hearing alot about how light the lipo packs are which would require a whole new design of car to get them to work as good as the current packs and car layouts

I would think it would help with a two peice motor/rear bulkhead so it would allow the motor closer to the center line as well. I guess the qestion would be where's the spur gear going. lol I guess it would have to have an offset chassis putting the lipo out further out and the motor/electronics in. It would be cool to see what you could come up with Jason.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #373
Tech Lord

right now i am messing around with a 4 cell mod touring car.there are going to be changes i think with all the motor temp issues created by increased battery capacity.i was thinking lipo until i tried a 1/12th car with lipo's and it was the most ill handling 1/12th i ever ran. i may mess with it after the 4 cell thing.i think the low cg setup wont be very popular with lightened batteries.i think the clock will start turning backwards to get roll back into the car along with many other changes.
J Concepts
Old 10-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #374
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
i did? i said nothing about my chassis kits until there were remarks made about the new xray car will not need any aftermarket chassis.i never said mine was better.i never saw the new car yet in person.my material is better for the application and i can get away with thinner material.that is fact not oppinion.if i was to say my layout was better which i didnt,that would be my got bent way out of shape.as usual i turn out to be the crazy one if you look back at my posts i said nothing but nice things about the new car and offered my view on the updates to the car and how they would improve the new car.not once did i plug my product.
I am truly sorry to all if I have offended anyone or insulted any company in my post. That was surely not my intent . My intent was to only clarify that the chassis I received from Paul were in fact not BMI chassis as someone stated in an earlier post. Not that one is better than the other, only that the chassis were not BMI . Anyone who witnessed this at the race or who reads this thread should be able to come to the conclusion that if the chassis that Paul gave me were “special performance enhancing chassis”, one should logically think and conclude that they would have been on Paul’s car and not in the hands of a “ham fisted” wan-na–be driver . Please do not read words or thoughts into my post that are not there. I can assure all that I have no problem expressing myself and I always mean what I say, most of the time .

PS. All sponsored RC America/Xray/Hudy drivers that raced at the IIC used Xray chassis
John Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #375
Tech Lord

PS. All sponsored RC America/Xray/Hudy drivers that raced at the IIC used Xray chassis[/QUOTE]

i figured that they did being it was the first outing with the car at a big race. and from the extremely good results,it looks like it is working very well.congrats on the virgin run with the new car.
J Concepts