R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 AM   #346
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Syndr0me.... Tease away hehe.... It was all the preperation before vegas i think. I know i was not the only one testing a ton .. also i was lucky that the gate was perfect for testing this year for vegas. I never turned a screw on my car all throught practice from the gate.. So it was nice to set the car down and it be really good right away...

Thanks again for the congrats...

Mike Blackstock
Old 10-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Can anyone explain the reason for the performance difference between the T2 and the T2 007 on carpet? The suspension geometry appears to be the same and the setup that won the IIC race looks to be the same as the T2 carpet setup. Maybe I'm missing something basic but it doesn't add up that the 007 is that much better than the T2 by just lowering the upper brace.

rraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #348
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraden
Can anyone explain the reason for the performance difference between the T2 and the T2 007 on carpet? The suspension geometry appears to be the same and the setup that won the IIC race looks to be the same as the T2 carpet setup. Maybe I'm missing something basic but it doesn't add up that the 007 is that much better than the T2 by just lowering the upper brace.

3.5mm no flex chassis is the difference. Ask anyone with a BMI carpet chassis.
jiml is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #349
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the chassis will help but the biggest difference that i can see is the lower cg and the split motor mount from the bulkhead.the lower cg should help quite a bit by itself.the testing that was done on my kit showed that just with the pocketing below the bulkheads being .5mm lower than stock made a big improvement.obviously the more rigid chassis will be a plus also.i havent had the new car in my hands to see how much more rigid it is but im sure it is better than the 2.5mm chassis.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #350
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraden

Lower CG and 3.5mm solid chassis vs the T2 2.5mm flex-cut chassis is the major difference. However the team drivers with the original T2 don't run the stock chassis. They run a 3mm solid chassis special cut by Xray for factory guys.

In the end, the performance difference between the T2 and T2 007 was not huge. Peter Robinson was running the original T2 and was right up there with the other team guys running the 007. It's faster, but not by leaps and bounds, we are talking tenths here at a professional level. Which means the average club racer more then likely won't even tell a difference.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #351
Tech Lord

i also forgot to say that the seperate motor mount should plant the rear a bit better.its not as rigid back there making it more equal with flex to the front of the car.it looks like it will still have a bit more rigidity in the rear but im sure its a little better.
J Concepts
Old 10-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #352
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Lower CG and 3.5mm solid chassis vs the T2 2.5mm flex-cut chassis is the major difference. However the team drivers with the original T2 don't run the stock chassis. They run a 3mm solid chassis special cut by Xray for factory guys.

In the end, the performance difference between the T2 and T2 007 was not huge. Peter Robinson was running the original T2 and was right up there with the other team guys running the 007. It's faster, but not by leaps and bounds, we are talking tenths here at a professional level. Which means the average club racer more then likely won't even tell a difference.

well put.i really think it is just going to be a more friendly car for setup.this is what i am guessing.we will find out the true potential within the next few months.people will have them and be able to give some feedback.
J Concepts
Old 10-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #353
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

had travis not made a few small mistakes in the 3rd round of qualifying he would have set TQ over me by about 1 second at Vegas. as it was, i qualified 2 tenths behind him. like anthony said the new car is not a drastic departure from the current T2.

i will tell us this (i dont have the car yet, but i have driven travis schrevens), the new car very easy to drive fast compared to the T2.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #354
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So the question we have all been asking ourselves HOW MUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #355
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L

There is no question the thicker chassis, lower CG and lower roll centers certainly help. However, everyone is missing one important change. The flex point of the T2007 chassis has been moved by nearly 4cm. This is a major change that cannot be duplicated by simply adding an aftermarket chassis to a T2. This helps greatly in making the car easier to drive.
John Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #356
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

So when will the 007 be at the hobby shops? Most of the RC clubs are starting right now!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #357
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 007 can be preordered at speedtechrc.com but they haven't listed a price yet, i hate that. I don't want to preorder because what if i put my credit card # in and find out it's like $600. I'm sure it won't be but just in case ya know. www.teamxray.com has excellent information and pictures on the details of the new kit. I also found there will be a conversion kit to turn a T2 into the 007 US edition or EU edition. I like it a lot but they make a new car too often it's impossible to keep up. might decide to wait for the tc5 belt drive from associated but not sure yet.
"Gone But Not Forgotten" --- RC10T, RC10T3, RCTc4, XRay007, XXT, XXTcrGraphitePlus, XXXT, XXXTMF, XXXTMF2----
"Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #358
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sawyer
There is no question the thicker chassis, lower CG and lower roll centers certainly help. However, everyone is missing one important change. The flex point of the T2007 chassis has been moved by nearly 4cm. This is a major change that cannot be duplicated by simply adding an aftermarket chassis to a T2. This helps greatly in making the car easier to drive.

actually,i dont think we did.i posted about that 7 posts back.an aftermarket chassis will still fit the car if people would like to add a little thinner chassis and still achieve as good or better torsional strength with less weight and lowered electronics to add to the low cg.all that would need to be changed is the top deck when you think about it.the car does look promising and i look forward to seeing it in future races and maybe in my pits pretty soon.
J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 10-04-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #359
Tech Apprentice

Theres no way lowering a topdeck that weighs 10g or less affects handling because of cg. If anything they have lowered the topdeck so much that it has increased flex. They also increased flex with the longer topdeck (4cm according to John) & split bulkheads and this warranted the 3.5mm chassis for foams.

The 007 was an update to improve the car on rubber tires and they just added a 3.5mm chassis for foam racing. Several of the team drivers have been running cut bulkheads and BMI chassis or special cut factory xray chassis since before the worlds It's a shame that 2 of Xrays biggest drivers tested and used many BMI chassis and gave him zero credit

Wonder what John is doing with all those test chassis Paul gave him in Vegas

On the other hand Barry may have had the best rubber xray (to many mistakes though) and he was running the 007 with the stock T2 2.5mm multiflex chassis
sliprip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The lower CG comes from a combination of lowered top deck, material removed from the top of the bulkhead and an increase in mass low on the car with the thicker chassis.

The updates on the T2'007 were to increase performance on both rubber and foams using feedback from team their team drivers.

It had been stated that the team was running the EU spec car in rubber tire classes which does indeed use a 2.5mm chassis.

Testing and development has been ongoing on both foams and rubber, and the T2'007 is the result of that testing.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote