R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2008, 04:47 AM   #3556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ernestf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLMW VQ View Post
Does anyone know what other brands of spring fit and will perform well on the 007?
I use Tamiya yellow springs all around running outdoor track and solid spool in the front, with brushless 3.5R and 5cell. Performance is good so far. Hope this helps.
ernestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #3557
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default shock help

im having troulbe with my shocks everytime i rebuilt them they still make the sound like they are empty, also i have two different kinds of shock bodys why one has threads that go all the why up and one the dont what is the difference. also what is the difference with the bladers one set is small and one is big. also what does ae oil 60 = in xray and ae 40= to xray and losi 30= to xray and 70= to xray. if any one can help that would be great. thanks
Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #3558
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 007 t2 (Tekin)

Yes this car is not a joke......i can tell
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T2'007-img_1297.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #3559
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLMW VQ View Post
im having troulbe with my shocks everytime i rebuilt them they still make the sound like they are empty, also i have two different kinds of shock bodys why one has threads that go all the why up and one the dont what is the difference. also what is the difference with the bladers one set is small and one is big. also what does ae oil 60 = in xray and ae 40= to xray and losi 30= to xray and 70= to xray. if any one can help that would be great. thanks
I've been looking for AE to XRay Oil conversion charts, as well. If you look long enough, you'll find a number of conflicting reports and threads.

Like this one, that says AE Oil is way heavier:
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic....f5c5ab2c75a04d

Recently, XRay has posted a chart to compare their CST labeled oils with their original Weight marked oils:
http://teamxray.com/teamxray/news/ne...ersion%20Table

Associated is now also marking their oils with a CST rating:
http://teamassociated.com/misc/database/db_oil.htm

I find that these official XRay and Associated charts/markings are most consistent with what I'm finding.
rc pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #3560
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc pete View Post
I've been looking for AE to XRay Oil conversion charts, as well. If you look long enough, you'll find a number of conflicting reports and threads.

Like this one, that says AE Oil is way heavier:
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic....f5c5ab2c75a04d

Recently, XRay has posted a chart to compare their CST labeled oils with their original Weight marked oils:
http://teamxray.com/teamxray/news/ne...ersion%20Table

Associated is now also marking their oils with a CST rating:
http://teamassociated.com/misc/database/db_oil.htm

I find that these official XRay and Associated charts/markings are most consistent with what I'm finding.
The data that I have is consistent with what asc has on their site.. One problem is when say Xray changed oil mfg, my data for their oils is outdated.. will post results in a month or so maybe

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #3561
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc pete View Post
Yes, you could put in a lipo and then bring up the weight to the minimum weight limit, but your left-right weight distribution in the car wouldn't be even.
With the 007 and a brushless motor, I have to run about 40g of weight on the battery side with a 6-cell IB4200 pack. That gets the left-right balance of the car even, using the Hudy balancing do-dads.
That puts my car over weight, but I think it's better to be heavier than to have an unbalanced car.

My point is that if you're running Lipo, you'll have to put even more weight on the battery side for even left-right balance, because the Lipo is lighter... to the tune of 143 grams. (The Team Orion 4800 Li-Po pack weighs 258g, versus 401 g for NiMH 7.2 volt assembled cells.)
as for the 008 you only have to ad 10 grams of weight on the battery side to balance the chassis if using the novak gtb and the lrp brushless motor. in order to fit lipo in it the t-shape battery holders on the inside of chassis have to be shaved.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #3562
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default diff

Does anyone have any advise on adjusting the rear diff in the t2 007, I just bought a factory built diff for my T2 once I have bedded it in with the loose diff setting how many turns is normal. I bought the T2 second hand and the instructions seem a little vaige.
paul123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #3563
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul123 View Post
Does anyone have any advise on adjusting the rear diff in the t2 007, I just bought a factory built diff for my T2 once I have bedded it in with the loose diff setting how many turns is normal. I bought the T2 second hand and the instructions seem a little vaige.
XRay doesn't give you an accurate starting point for your diff setting in the manual. Usually, I'll tighten it to a point where it takes some effort to slip to the pulley while holding the outdrives with wrench shafts. Then break it in on the track, ensuring that the diff isn't slipping. Then adjust the tension a little looser or tighter, depending on what end of car it is and I need the car to do.

I also find that the diff does back off once in a while. I put a very little bit of blue threadlock on one or two of the threads, which prevents that. Some guys touch their soldering iron to the plastic on the locking nut to snug it up a little.
rc pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #3564
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for that I will do some tests this Sunday.
paul123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #3565
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Weights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
I agree and don't agree. While it is possible to add the weight to balance the chassis out you do nonetheless have to add a majority of it on top of the battery, which raises the cog of the car. This then means setup changes as well, as the car will want to roll more. Basically it is not just a drop in replacement. I will agree that brushless is a pain because of the extra weight it adds, having to add more to the battery side to balance. My 007 setup with foams weighs in at 1550 grams. That is about a 100 grams overweight, but the car drives well. I think saddle lipo packs are a must for tc's, to get the balance we want with brushless being so heavy.
To balance my car from side to side, I did not put any weight on the top of the battery. I put it on the outside, front, rear, and thin ones on the bottom.
My car is just slightly over weight - 15 to 20 grams.
I also sealed the lead with CA glue so I don't have to keep washing my hands.
Tickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #3566
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickle View Post
To balance my car from side to side, I did not put any weight on the top of the battery. I put it on the outside, front, rear, and thin ones on the bottom.
My car is just slightly over weight - 15 to 20 grams.
I also sealed the lead with CA glue so I don't have to keep washing my hands.

Can you post some pics?
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #3567
Tech Elite

Just FYI, I got a bunch of stuff for sale on ebay ...most of it T2-007 related.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkal...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #3568
Tech Adept

Default wheels

can anyone tell me where i can buy the xray wheels that xray has on theres cars in all pictures ??
Old 01-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #3569
Tech Regular

Had a quick question:

What connectors do you guys use for the Lipo's?? I know you can connect the gold trinity style into the actual batt (4800 Orion) and then deans to the speed controller. Is that what you guys do? For charging I guess you can use the deans to banana plugs for the ICE. Am I correct in my assumptions??
sinisterRC - High Performance R/C
sinisterRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #3570
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by connyw View Post
can anyone tell me where i can buy the xray wheels that xray has on theres cars in all pictures ??
Sorry Dude. I dont know where you can buy them? Maybe call RC america.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterRC View Post
Had a quick question:

What connectors do you guys use for the Lipo's?? I know you can connect the gold trinity style into the actual batt (4800 Orion) and then deans to the speed controller. Is that what you guys do? For charging I guess you can use the deans to banana plugs for the ICE. Am I correct in my assumptions??

Just install the bullet connectors right onto the speedo wires and plug them into the battery. But be careful not to put them in backwards!!
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote