R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #3481
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi

As anyone tried the much More o-rings on xray standard shocks? And if yes, what are youre impressions?

thanks
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #3482
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Hi

As anyone tried the much More o-rings on xray standard shocks? And if yes, what are youre impressions?

thanks
MUCH MORE O-ring is OEM by KOSE , so this is fit 3mm shock shaft !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #3483
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse

i need a little bit of advice on my 007 us spec. my local track has decided to go with rubber tires this year instead of foam, i have ran my us car a couple of weeks and its not bad but not awsome either. in anyones opinion would it be worh the 200 bones to go with the eu conversion kit and or the narrow top deck option before i go through trying to fine tuning the us spec to work correctly with rubber tires.....the car isnt too bad so far but i dont want to fight with it for weeks on end to get it to free up when i can do the conversions and get in the ballpark quicker
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM   #3484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

just buy the EU chassis and get a multi diff. then your set. the top plates doesnt make a huge difference
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #3485
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallshouse View Post
i need a little bit of advice on my 007 us spec. my local track has decided to go with rubber tires this year instead of foam, i have ran my us car a couple of weeks and its not bad but not awsome either. in anyones opinion would it be worh the 200 bones to go with the eu conversion kit and or the narrow top deck option before i go through trying to fine tuning the us spec to work correctly with rubber tires.....the car isnt too bad so far but i dont want to fight with it for weeks on end to get it to free up when i can do the conversions and get in the ballpark quicker

I've been able to get my car (US edition) to work fine by just changing the top deck over to the narrower EU spec one and running the softest multiflex settings. I've posted a setup on teamxray.com (under the same alias) that explains how I've done it. The car seems to work really well, but like the last guy said, investing in the Multi-Diff is probably a must. You'll definitely want to use either a one-way of some sort or the spool. If after trying my setup it still doesn't work, then spend the $80 or whatever for the EU rubber chassis. But I haven't had to do it yet... hope this helps!
StickyFingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #3486
Tech Elite

really it matters on grip levels. he said they have all switched to rubber and therefore a high grip foam grove wont be there. if you look at some of the setups from the Europeans they should have a good rubber carpet setup to work off of since thy dont have foam cars running on the carpet bringing traction up. but you dont have to get the EU chassis you will just have to create mechanical grip some where else. what class are you running?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 PM   #3487
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallshouse View Post
I understand you don't want to spend $200 bills if not needed. I am not an expert but from my experience since our track converted to rubber tires was to not spend anymore money either. I kept my BMI 2006 T2 with both ball diffs on as well. My first investment was tires and setup. I kept the costs low and learned to drive. I have tired the Multi-Diff and didn't like it. Now I have a $45 paper weight. Most of us haven't converted our US SPEC T2 over to the EU version because we just wanted to run and have fun. Try running a concrete setup and if you desire more, go with other upgrades. Good Luck.
fav0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #3488
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm9898 View Post
really it matters on grip levels. he said they have all switched to rubber and therefore a high grip foam grove wont be there. if you look at some of the setups from the Europeans they should have a good rubber carpet setup to work off of since thy dont have foam cars running on the carpet bringing traction up. but you dont have to get the EU chassis you will just have to create mechanical grip some where else. what class are you running?
i am running stock touring car (13.5 brushless in mine). the carpet is brand new so traction has not come up yet and i would say it will be low bite for awile, the only foam cars on the track are the pan cars wich only use a small portion of our road coarse so i guess they wont help us much to bring traction up. i actuailly had a hard time getting the car to rotate, bet with a few changes to the rear of the car and reinstalling the 4 degree caster blocks the car isnt bad
Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #3489
Tech Elite

yea try getting a multi diff and playing with it. just to get more steering/ possibly corner speed. you really dont have to run the EU chassis since your only running stock you dont need as much grip as the mod guys, just dont use the stand off and your golden. also dont use sways. try that first and fiddle with roll centers.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:25 PM   #3490
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm9898 View Post
yea try getting a multi diff and playing with it. just to get more steering/ possibly corner speed. you really dont have to run the EU chassis since your only running stock you dont need as much grip as the mod guys. also dont use sways. try that first and fiddle with roll centers.
thanks, i did change to high roll centers in the rear to see what the car does....you hit the nail on the head after i thought about it, the car really dosent have much corner speed
Old 10-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #3491
Tech Elite

running stock you should just use it as a oneway. you might need to turn down your steering quite a bit if you have never run a one way before cuz that sucker will corner like crazy once you pop a oneway in it, and then over time turn it back up.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #3492
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was very happy with my 007US this summer on asphalt/rubber. I modded the front diff to turn it into a spool (free), bought yellow springs, took out a few pairs of chassis screws, found a good setup (Korey H's), and had a lot of fun.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #3493
Tech Elite

haha yea harbuckle is the man. he has gone back to corally now. if it was asphalt it was either fantasy or SIR both of which he used the EU chassis. but going from the US to EU chassis isent huge unless running mod and/or low grip where you need to make more mechanical grip. also start with 30wt oil and yellow spring in the rear and white in the front, then work from there.

Last edited by fjm9898; 10-31-2007 at 02:06 PM.
fjm9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #3494
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

TTT
Old 11-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #3495
Tech Fanatic

Hi everyone,
Ive got a few questions Im hoping you could help me with.
Im going to to make the jump to 19T using the 10.5 LRP Ive just bought using rubbers on asphalt, as Ive previously been running stock 27T.

-My first question is weather I should use a spool rather than the one-way? and if so what would be the most noticeable change on the track, and what setup change will I most likely need to make?

-Secondly, what gearing would you suggest to start with the 10.5 brushless, with the 13.5 I had been running a rollout of 39mm. using an 84spur and a 27 to 28pinion.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cristian.
Cristian Silva is offline   Reply With Quote