R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #3001
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie View Post
Replace the tower. PERIOD...
Once there is any kind of tweak like that you won't ever get your setup perfect...
Tweak is the devil...LOL
-Shookie <><
replace the tower it is...

thanks for the super fast reply Mr Shookie
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #3002
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jrr102486 Send a message via Yahoo to jrr102486

hey everyone. im new to the whole tc thing and i just bought a t2 '007 us foam spec. i know nothing of touring cars in general, as for i race off road all year. what does everyone keep as basic spare parts, and what do you suggest for tuning (ie. mods that work). thanx any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #3003
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i run stock - 27T and 23T and from the previous months i've been running my t2, the parts that i have replaced are 1 spur gear, 1 plastic shock body and in the couple of days, 1 front shock tower.

Voodooph and i run at the same track which is designed for nitro cars and in this track, my kit has flew for more than 2 feet in the air, has done cart wheels and hit the steel posts - BUT i have only replaced 3 parts in my kit. The T2 007 is really tough, durable - just great!!!

if you get the p-dup bumper for t2, getting spares for the shock body might not be necessary, but this is just me.

as for hop ups, someone has recently posted that you get the front and rear stabilizers first, followed by alu rear hubs and then the alu front hub carriers.

hope this helps and i do know that more of the experienced xray t2 drivers will give you more informatiion.
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:04 AM   #3004
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jrr102486 Send a message via Yahoo to jrr102486

ya thatnx, thats a very good start. this is my second non losi car, so its like learing a whole new language. all the help is appreciated.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:51 AM   #3005
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

jrr, are you racing on asphalt or carpet, and rubber tire or foam?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:19 AM   #3006
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
I have some "Clueless Noob" questions:

T2 '007 US = foam on carpet
T2 '007 EU = rubber on asphalt

1. If I want to run foam on asphalt, would it be better to get the US or EU version?

2. Out of the box, was the original T2 designed to run on carpet or asphalt and with what type of tires?

Thanks!

Do you like to run diffs or one ways????
The EU version comes with the multi-diff, which is a one way, spool-oneway, and a spool all in one. And, I think (not entirely sure) its more expensive than the diff.
The US version comes with two diffs and the thicker chassis.

If you are planning on running foams on asphalt (which I have tried and is about as fast or maybe a touch faster than the rubber tires I compared to) the EU version should be just fine.
As a note, when I came back from Vegas, I never changed my T2's carpet chassis back to the asphalt chassis (I run on an asphalt track locally). The carpet chassis on that car was still pretty competitive. But I bought a 007EU for nats a couple weeks prior, and it was WAY better.

So for most lower traction foam applications the EU is going to give you more flexibility in set ups and options (not just "flexability" of the chassis)LOL. It even works VERY well in high traction situations, like the surface at Paved nats (Which was about as high of traction you can get on asphalt)

Depending on the ammount of traction you can experiment with the standoffs which increase the overall stiffness of the chassis to suit your particular track.
And, being that you are a "noob" the EU version will NOT slow you down if you decide to run on high traction carpet as well.

Hope that helps in your decision...
CJ
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:58 AM   #3007
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4m1y4niac View Post
IMO

1. just take te EU version..it has more flexibility than US ver since the lower deck on EU ver is 2.5mm.

2. the original T2 can run both carpet and asphalt, that's why Juraj hudy make a wonderful "Multi flex"...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
The EU will give you more flex cause the chassis is 2.5mm, I would also suggest that you get the 2mm top deck.
The 2mm top deck seems like it might be a good tuning option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCrew View Post
Hope that helps in your decision...
CJ
Thanks CJ. Very good info. I will more than likely run a diff or spool up front, but I will do some testing with the one-way to see how it compares.

When you ran the carpet chassis on asphalt, did you have the multi-flex settings on hard, medium or soft? After doing some checking, it seems like a few people have had some success with running it on soft.

Also, on your EU version, what was your multi-flex setting?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #3008
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
OK, I'm DONE, fed up and can't take anymore of your crap BigB!
From what the people from your local track tell me, is that you cant complete a lap without stuffing it into the pipes.
You keep telling people what to do, but don't have a clue yourself.
You posted on your local thread that you cant get your car to turn but tell all here just what it takes.
Same crap on the 1/12th threads.

Re-read your post above, your telling a guy that wants to run foam on asphalt to go with a thin chassis and a thin top deck, you don't have a friggin clue!
Have you even run on foams, I know you have NEVER been to the local carpet tracks or Time Zone where they do run foams, oh and TZ is asphalt.

A majority of the people that post here and give out information, know what they are doing.
That's what makes these thread so good, it helps people,
so grow up, learn how to race, qualify for a main, and then give out advise.

Fred
Frank
I'm sorry that you have nothing better to do than worry about me, but you little tantrum doesnt hurt me, it's attitudes like yours that drive people away from tracks, hurt this hobby, and this forum. By the way I stuff my car in the pipes everyother lap, get it right. And since your so concerned with my driving, the steering problem I have is my servo, it isn't centering, which makes driving very difficult, I will be replacing it with a Futaba S9550 on August 1st. Ya see Frank, I don't know you, nor do I care to, but if I had a problem with you, I would man up and talk to you about it, not assasinate you on an internet forum, oh and I also woudn't base my issues with you on what other people say.

Brian Brazier
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #3009
Tech Apprentice

I was looking at the 07 nats TQ/Champ setup and was wondering what axle he was talking about measuring by caliper when setting his droop. Any ideas? Could you be specific if you know.
Myhre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #3010
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhre View Post
I was looking at the 07 nats TQ/Champ setup and was wondering what axle he was talking about measuring by caliper when setting his droop. Any ideas? Could you be specific if you know.
The stub axle that the wheel nut screws onto. With the wheel removed.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #3011
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
The stub axle that the wheel nut screws onto. With the wheel removed.
Are you sure? I don't even think I can drop the arms that much. I wonder should I have the car flat on the setup board, or up on my Hudy 0 Blocks that I'd use for setting droop manually.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #3012
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhre View Post
Are you sure? I don't even think I can drop the arms that much. I wonder should I have the car flat on the setup board, or up on my Hudy 0 Blocks that I'd use for setting droop manually.
Flat on the setup board, all wheels off.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #3013
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Flat on the setup board, all wheels off.
Gotcha. Thank you.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #3014
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
Thanks!

The 2mm top deck seems like it might be a good tuning option.

Thanks CJ. Very good info. I will more than likely run a diff or spool up front, but I will do some testing with the one-way to see how it compares.

When you ran the carpet chassis on asphalt, did you have the multi-flex settings on hard, medium or soft? After doing some checking, it seems like a few people have had some success with running it on soft.

Also, on your EU version, what was your multi-flex setting?
The carpet chassis was the BMI chassis. I ran all screws in the bottom, and I removed the front rear, and rear front set of screws on the top deck. (hope that doesn't sound too confusing).

On the EU right now I'm running all screws in except the bottom screws that are in the cut out area (that screw into the bottom of the bulkhead).

If you plan on running a spool, just run a diff really tight. Unless you can absolutely keep the car off the boards. A tight diff can save your car a bit because if you stuff a pipe, then energy can "diff out" to the other side of the car. Instead, if you are on power with a spool (or one way also) you can more easily bend your dog bones, our break the outdrive savers.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #3015
Tech Master

Default = )

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCrew View Post
The carpet chassis was the BMI chassis. I ran all screws in the bottom, and I removed the front rear, and rear front set of screws on the top deck. (hope that doesn't sound too confusing).

On the EU right now I'm running all screws in except the bottom screws that are in the cut out area (that screw into the bottom of the bulkhead).

If you plan on running a spool, just run a diff really tight. Unless you can absolutely keep the car off the boards. A tight diff can save your car a bit because if you stuff a pipe, then energy can "diff out" to the other side of the car. Instead, if you are on power with a spool (or one way also) you can more easily bend your dog bones, our break the outdrive savers.
Sounds like good advise coming from the Number 2 guy in the Nation !!

PitCrew Rocks !!
Sterling Racer is offline   Reply With Quote