R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #2941
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

i think this is normal if you run spool or locked one-way. chattering goes away when you switch to one-way or diff.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #2942
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

I solved the problem with wheel chatter. Turn down the dual-rate to 70%.

Gain more steering thru chassis setup, what will give me more steering? A stiffer front spring maybe?

Also how can you measure if the chassis is physically bent/warped, top deck and other carbon fiber peices?

How do you measure or see if a bulkhead/upper clamp is bent/warped?
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #2943
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post

Gain more steering thru chassis setup, what will give me more steering? A stiffer front spring maybe?

Also how can you measure if the chassis is physically bent/warped, top deck and other carbon fiber peices?

You can tell if the chassis or topdeck is tweaked by removing the tires and laying it on a setup board, then pressing down on the F and R shock towers, if the chassis isn't flat you will know, to fix this loosen the topdeck screws a couple turns, hold the two shock towers down and retighten the topdeck screws. I would think to check if a bulkhead is warped you could remove them and place them on a setup board, if they don't lay flat on all four sides there is a problem (I would Highly doubt this though, XRay is well known for their parts quality)
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #2944
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Quote:
Im experiencing the same EXACT thing. Brand new rebuild CVD's and they crack and make horrible noises like yours. I get no help from Xray or anyone. Im about to toss this TC in teh garbage and get a TC5. I wish I never bought this stupid Xray car. The parts are expensive and the car is plain ugly.

Maybe it would be OK if Xray woudl solve the chatter problem when turning. WTF
its all good mate, we'll sort it out! Theres some good guys on here that will help. Things to try tonight:

Coating the CVD joint in Black Grease (Losi or Associated etc)
Try playing with the front camber and see if that frees it up
Change the PIN hole in which the CVD is currently in (odd but you never know)
Try the one way option and see if it still does it (prob not cause in theory the outdrives will actually "give" as opposed to the solid spool

We'll get to the bottom of it man, no worries
autoset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:36 AM   #2945
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

I have just had a thought (and I am at work so you'll have to forgive me for the shot in the dark) Maybe the drive shaft blades are butting right up against the outdrive and not allowing for any movement in the cvd so it can release its slight bit of movement in the pin when angled at different degrees? Add that as another thing to try - if this is the case, slightly shaving off a part of the blade would solve it... again shot in the dark but im trying it in 15 minutes
autoset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #2946
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoset View Post
I have just had a thought (and I am at work so you'll have to forgive me for the shot in the dark) Maybe the drive shaft blades are butting right up against the outdrive and not allowing for any movement in the cvd so it can release its slight bit of movement in the pin when angled at different degrees? Add that as another thing to try - if this is the case, slightly shaving off a part of the blade would solve it... again shot in the dark but im trying it in 15 minutes
let me know if that works, I solved my chatter by turning down my EPA's to 90% and my dual rate to 75%.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #2947
Tech Elite

Quote:
Im experiencing the same EXACT thing. Brand new rebuild CVD's and they crack and make horrible noises like yours. I get no help from Xray or anyone. Im about to toss this TC in teh garbage and get a TC5. I wish I never bought this stupid Xray car. The parts are expensive and the car is plain ugly.

Maybe it would be OK if Xray woudl solve the chatter problem when turning. WTF
I think your flying a little off the handle with your comment above.

Where are you located? Maybe your in the area of one of the team drivers and they can help you sort it out in person.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 AM   #2948
Tech Elite

Quote:

Post your *full* setup in the XRAY Online Setup Sheets. This will help us to give you better advice on setup changes to increase your steering.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #2949
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default T2 to T2 007

Hi all,

I am thinking about picking up a cheap 2nd hand T2 from a friend to try out, the car will probably need a new chassis due to a little wear from the kerbs, will a 007 chassis accept the T2 bulkheads?

In your opinions is the 007 a big leap forward from the T2 or are the differences more subtle? (i'm thinking about the advanced chassis flex features and split rear bulkheads of the 007 as being the major steps forward from the original T2)

Thanks for your time
Chris
Chrissy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #2950
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy C View Post
Hi all,

I am thinking about picking up a cheap 2nd hand T2 from a friend to try out, the car will probably need a new chassis due to a little wear from the kerbs, will a 007 chassis accept the T2 bulkheads?

In your opinions is the 007 a big leap forward from the T2 or are the differences more subtle? (i'm thinking about the advanced chassis flex features and split rear bulkheads of the 007 as being the major steps forward from the original T2)

Thanks for your time
Chris
I don't belive the 007 chassis will work with T2 bulkheads, if you want to convert a T2 to a 007 there is a conversion kit, I know the bulkheads are a little different at the motor mount cause I have a 007 and wanted to stick a silvercan in it and it wont fit, but it will on a T2
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #2951
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Big B for your reply.

Yep, the bulkheads are different, the 07 design has the deck lowered by 4.5mm and the rears are split unlike the 1 piece design of the T2.

I have looked at the underside of the chassis of a T2 and 007 side by side and they look to have the same mounting holes, i just wanted some confirmation before i made the jump!

The conversion kit is without doubt the way to go, but by buying the kit and the conversion gets pricey and it would have been better to buy a new 007, this is more of an experiment so i didn't want to throw too much $$$ at it!
Chrissy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #2952
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just buy the 007 full kit new.
TMcKinney711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #2953
Tech Apprentice

I'm trying to find a strong setup for a smooth asphalt technical track. I wasn't able to find much on the XRAY setup site. Right now I'm just running the kit setup. I need to go back and look if the kit setup even has a reccomendation for sway bars. But which sway bars should I be running on a track like that? I just put the middle bars on to start with. Thanks.
Myhre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #2954
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
I don't belive the 007 chassis will work with T2 bulkheads, if you want to convert a T2 to a 007 there is a conversion kit, I know the bulkheads are a little different at the motor mount cause I have a 007 and wanted to stick a silvercan in it and it wont fit, but it will on a T2
Lots of guys use the T2 chassis with the 007. So, I can't think why you can't use the 007 chassis with the T2....
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #2955
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy C View Post
Thanks Big B for your reply.

Yep, the bulkheads are different, the 07 design has the deck lowered by 4.5mm and the rears are split unlike the 1 piece design of the T2.

I have looked at the underside of the chassis of a T2 and 007 side by side and they look to have the same mounting holes, i just wanted some confirmation before i made the jump!

The conversion kit is without doubt the way to go, but by buying the kit and the conversion gets pricey and it would have been better to buy a new 007, this is more of an experiment so i didn't want to throw too much $$$ at it!
You can use the T2 bottom chassis, but not the top decks.