R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #2851
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
I don't know about stronger, but Tir makes some
The TiR drive shafts are not stronger. I've snapped a couple myself. I had to shim the hell out of them to take out the slop too.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 PM   #2852
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My track is very tight and is asphalt, it has one very very tight 'S' hair pin. Here is my setup for stock, the one that is wearing the hell out of inner tires all around. (But I have the most steering this way.)

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...3&setup=t2_007
^-Theres the setup

I have a ton of steering in the corners and I am the fastest by far with this setup but man its eating my tires slap up! Help someone.

One last thing maybe im just not understanding what does what, could someone explain to me what the roll center quick positions do again? Putting shimms on the other end?

Thanks mates!

-Tyler
TMcKinney711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #2853
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tyler, quick roll center adjusters are one way of making a roll center change to your car. The other two are shims on the upper-outer link, and different hingepin holders (lower-inner). To see how they work, and what each position gets you, you need to know how to determine the roll center of a suspension setup. It shows you in the T2 setup book. That book also has tables that show what outer shims and inner quick roll center adjustments result in.

To fully understand everything about roll centers takes a lot of research and study (and a degree in physics and/or engineering helps, too). Resources include books on vehicle dynamics, and a few websites. To get the books you pretty much need access to an engineering library. Here are a couple pretty good websites:
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/archiv...69619-p-3.html
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/

It isn't simple stuff. That's why the tables in the Setup book are very worthwhile to keep handy and even memorize.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #2854
Tech Master

Looking at your setup, you've done everything right to get even tire wear. I've never used CS27s, but it certainly sounds like that type of wear is simply inevitable. Try RP30s.

You could also try moving your rear upper outer hub linkage position to the outer one ("2" on the setup sheet), and this should lower your camber gain. I don't guarantee success, though.

Another one would be to lower your roll stiffness even more. Apparently this helps tire wear. Lower roll stiffness by running softer springs, moving lower shock mounts inwards, and losing outer-upper shims.

Dragging a front tire is potentially causing that tire wear. But, you say you have high corner speed. You can try more and less ackerman to alter tire dragging. A touch of front toe-out is similar in effect.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #2855
Tech Master

No, I'm not just boosting my postcount.

I'm wondering, how are you running the outer standoffs on the EU topdeck? I thought that deck only had the inner standoff option.
-Nietzsche
Old 06-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #2856
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
No, I'm not just boosting my postcount.

I'm wondering, how are you running the outer standoffs on the EU topdeck? I thought that deck only had the inner standoff option.
WHOOPS!

Your right, there one lower in the front. I just knew that they were the furthest out on the front deck, so I clicked the furthest. Thanks for all the help man. I really dont know what im doing I just try stuff and look at my times, it seems in doing it right but my tires are killing!

The reason I run CS27's is becuase I cant get RP's to hook up, and I havent ever doped my tires! Do you sauce your tires every time you run?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #2857
Tech Master

heh, don't take tire advice from me. I've ran rubber tires a grand total of three times, ever. My technique is to hit them with Niftech, and hopefully I remembered before hearing the 'two minutes left.' It's a far cry from the guys who use a proper compound and tire warmers for the same length of time every time.
-Nietzsche
Old 06-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #2858
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

At the C in Frederick MD ( indoor asphalt ) we run rubber tires ( 30s and 32s ) and at the Sedan challenge last weekend the most common used tire sauce was Paragon with tire warmers.. The cars hit the track and the tires was dialed in....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #2859
Tech Addict

The paragon in the black can with pink lettering? I use that religiously on carpet but rubber tires? Seems like it would just eat them up, but ill try it this week for sure!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:20 AM   #2860
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

noob T2-er here... looking forward to learning from you guys.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #2861
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcKinney711 View Post
The paragon in the black can with pink lettering? I use that religiously on carpet but rubber tires? Seems like it would just eat them up, but ill try it this week for sure!
Those RP27's are known to wear away on the inner part of the wheel, we run Rubber Tires year round up here, I would suggest some Team Sorex 32R or 36R Premounts, they wear alot better than those CS27's, and you can be aggressive with your "dopeing". If you don't have tire warmers that Paragon Ground Effects (black can with pink lettering) is the best stuff you can use on your tires. If you can't get Sorex Premounts, then I would go with RP30's
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #2862
Tech Master

TMak, another suggestion would be to pickup the 2mm Topdeck, it is $ on asphault
Old 06-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #2863
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
TMak, another suggestion would be to pickup the 2mm Topdeck, it is $ on asphault
Big thats the new narrow one correct? I might put an order in for it tonight then. I have heard that is the ticket!

Are you running any topdeck post mounts? Im running them front and rear but was suggested to take them off, this add more bite correct?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #2864
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcKinney711 View Post
Big thats the new narrow one correct? I might put an order in for it tonight then. I have heard that is the ticket!

Are you running any topdeck post mounts? Im running them front and rear but was suggested to take them off, this add more bite correct?
That is correct here is a link to it http://nexusracing.net/product_info....1f366368139b95 it is MONEY on asphault, you will be glad you got it
Old 06-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #2865
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is the KO 2143 digital servo, a good servo for the 007?
Cristian Silva is offline   Reply With Quote