R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #2776
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 3,940
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Forward arm sweep. It gives more steering on entry to the middle of the corner. Helps make a car with a spool turn in a little harder on a tight track.

-Korey
I see. Thanks!
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #2777
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

my xray is too loose on power in the rear. I tried laying down the rear shocks and standing up the fronts. Running magentas all around. Its a tight carpet track with high bite. I think I need to soften up my rear springs to 17in-lb, maybe even thin down the 50wt oil.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #2778
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

You may want to post your set up but trying the softer springs would be a good start.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:05 AM   #2779
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

does anyone use centre one-way here?

under what track conditions should it be used?
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #2780
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyl03 View Post
does anyone use centre one-way here?

under what track conditions should it be used?
I don't have it but it is always used in combination with front one-way. Normally it is used in the conditions allow front one-way - rubber tires, flowing tracks (carpet or asphalt) where no breaking is needed.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #2781
Tech Master
 
Mini Toink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Xray T2'008
Posts: 1,539
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Mini Toink Send a message via Yahoo to Mini Toink Send a message via Skype™ to Mini Toink
Default

305590 Alu Middle One-Way Pulley

I run Stock(27T) & 19T with One-Way in front + Middle One-Way = ???
I run Mod Motor with Spool in front + Middle One-Way = ???

Right now I use the stock pulley that came with the kit...and thinking of getting the one-way pulley...
I would just like to know what difference does this middle one-way do compare to the stock pulley? I use T2'007 EU Edition, rubber tires on asphalt.

Thanks in advance!




Toink
__________________
Xray T2'008 EU 6Cell
Hudy Pro Tools
AE 12R5

LRP : Orion : Sanwa (Airtronics) : Ko Propo : Spektrum
Mini Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:35 PM   #2782
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

007EU can use 48p 90T ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #2783
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01 View Post
I don't have it but it is always used in combination with front one-way. Normally it is used in the conditions allow front one-way - rubber tires, flowing tracks (carpet or asphalt) where no breaking is needed.
I might be missing something but what's the point of running a front one way with the middle one way? They both do the same thing. It's my understanding that the middle one way is to be used with a front ball diff or spool. That way you get the off power benefit of the one way with the on power benefit of the spool or ball diff, which ever your using in front.

Tell me what the effect of using the front and middle one way together is?
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #2784
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Surrey British Columbia Canada
Posts: 304
Default

can some one post a picture of the difference of the eu and us edition chassis
C_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #2785
Tech Apprentice
 
b3buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 74
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Suzuki View Post
can some one post a picture of the difference of the eu and us edition chassis
Try Here
__________________
RCR Racing - Worcester MCC
b3buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #2786
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Surrey British Columbia Canada
Posts: 304
Default

yeah i went to the xray sit4e right after i posted that
C_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #2787
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
I might be missing something but what's the point of running a front one way with the middle one way? They both do the same thing. It's my understanding that the middle one way is to be used with a front ball diff or spool. That way you get the off power benefit of the one way with the on power benefit of the spool or ball diff, which ever your using in front.

Tell me what the effect of using the front and middle one way together is?
To use middle one way with diff makes no sense. You will get the worst of both world. No brake and on power push (ok maybe there are conditions where that is desired...). I think the same is true for spool you loose the brake but still have to deal with off power push because the two front tires are fighting each other so it is more easy to break traction.

A center one-way with front one-way pulley will further decrease the drag on the front, a little bit decrease the drag on the rear, and increase steering. All these are small effects and it really takes a GOOD driver to benefit from it. For most of us the middle one-way is just a bling-bling...

Iím willing to be convinced Iím wrong
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #2788
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01 View Post
To use middle one way with diff makes no sense. You will get the worst of both world. No brake and on power push (ok maybe there are conditions where that is desired...). I think the same is true for spool you loose the brake but still have to deal with off power push because the two front tires are fighting each other so it is more easy to break traction.

A center one-way with front one-way pulley will further decrease the drag on the front, a little bit decrease the drag on the rear, and increase steering. All these are small effects and it really takes a GOOD driver to benefit from it. For most of us the middle one-way is just a bling-bling...

Iím willing to be convinced Iím wrong
My understanding of the use of the center one way is based off what's in the XXXMain setup book and the Xray setup book.

It just seems to me there is so little to be gained from a second one way.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:42 AM   #2789
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Schiedam/Netherlands
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
007EU can use 48p 90T ?
]

nope it's to big. an 87 just fits
Frans H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:37 AM   #2790
Tech Adept
 
utahrcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

man there is no where really to race in utah!!! I would love to be able to race a t2 they are so sweet!!
utahrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XRAY T2'007 KyLayfield R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-19-2008 10:39 AM
Need Xray t2'007 parts edgaras R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 10-29-2007 04:11 AM
WTB/WTT: Xray T2 or T2'007 WheelNut R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 09-15-2007 06:02 PM
XRay T2'007 duckman996 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 02-06-2007 01:29 PM
Xray T2'007 US Edition fastzach R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-27-2006 04:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net