R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #2761
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not certain if this has already been posted, a good replacement for the X-Ray diff thrust bearing is the Losi part number LOSA3018 HD Thrust Bearing Set. Works great and is much cheaper than the stock X-Ray ones.

-E
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #2762
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep View Post
Don't order from Titanium Racing. The company sits on my money and does not deliver!
Yes !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #2763
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE View Post
Not certain if this has already been posted, a good replacement for the X-Ray diff thrust bearing is the Losi part number LOSA3018 HD Thrust Bearing Set. Works great and is much cheaper than the stock X-Ray ones.

-E
That's good info!

Speaking of saving money, I just saved a ton of money on my rubber tires by buying from rcmarket.com.hk . Shipping was expensive, but arrived in four business days and I didn't have to pay any tax or brokerage (!!! !!!).

Does anyone know the titanium grade that is used in the Speedtech screws?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 AM   #2764
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

adamge,

You have a PM.

Thanks,
Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #2765
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Korey, thanks for the setup. It was great to go out for my first asphalt/rubber race with a setup that had the car working well on the very first run. The best part was no swaybars!

I'm doing a few thing 'wrong.' For instance, I'm using Niftech on my tires, not pre-heating them, I'm going to continue running them for at least a dozen runs, I'm using a beat up DNA1, I'm running the US chassis...

That said, my only issues with this setup on the track were that it seemed to lack on-power steering and it would hook around if I released the throttle too abruptly. Mid-corner had great steering and corner speed. I was also running 5.5mm ride height with 2.5mm droop - do you think going to your 4.5/5 height and 2 droop would help that? Less droop would seem to help with the US-exit OS-entry.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:27 AM   #2766
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
Korey, thanks for the setup. It was great to go out for my first asphalt/rubber race with a setup that had the car working well on the very first run. The best part was no swaybars!

I'm doing a few thing 'wrong.' For instance, I'm using Niftech on my tires, not pre-heating them, I'm going to continue running them for at least a dozen runs, I'm using a beat up DNA1, I'm running the US chassis...

That said, my only issues with this setup on the track were that it seemed to lack on-power steering and it would hook around if I released the throttle too abruptly. Mid-corner had great steering and corner speed. I was also running 5.5mm ride height with 2.5mm droop - do you think going to your 4.5/5 height and 2 droop would help that? Less droop would seem to help with the US-exit OS-entry.

A little bit less droop should help keep any abrupt throttle changes from unsetteling the car so much. It should settel down turn in a little bit, and give the car a little more on power steering. Just try 2mm all around with your current ride height. One thing... make that US chassis flex more... start removing screws and such and using some of the multiflex features.

The DNA 1 body isn't the best asphalt racing body as well. It was ment to be more of a really high traction carpet racing body when using foam tires. So it doesnt produce a ton of downforce so it tones the car down and lets it roll through the corners a little easier. Try the mazda speed 6 from protoform or the standard Mazda 6. The mazda has been specifically designed to run with rubber tires and is an AWESOME body. The mazda speed is about the same but locks the car in a little more (my personal favorite at the moment).

My local track is pretty tight and has a good amount of grip. So it really tests the abilities of spools in a touring car. Typically we run one ways to get the car to roll through the corner faster and with less effort. But lately we've been finding spools are a little easier to get around the track (especially with traffic) when the chassis is setup correctly.

So if you guys have any setup questions don't be afraid to pop a question on here. Now that I'm back from my little break in racing, I'll be on here quite often. Hope the setup gives you guys a decent starting point for most asphalt tracks .

-Korey
Old 06-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #2767
Tech Champion

Just thought of this... you can increase your dampening a little bit by closing up a hole in your pistons as well. That will slow weight transfer down a little bit.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #2768
Tech Addict

Just FYI I measured the delrin spool today and I've found that the spool built with it is ~7g lighter than the "stock" multidiff in spool mode, I shaved off an other half gramm by replacing the screws in it to titanium (but that's rotating mass so every tenth of a gramm counts - OK not really)
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:26 AM   #2769
Tech Addict

delrin spool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01 View Post
Just FYI I measured the delrin spool today and I've found that the spool built with it is ~7g lighter than the "stock" multidiff in spool mode, I shaved off an other half gramm by replacing the screws in it to titanium (but that's rotating mass so every tenth of a gramm counts - OK not really)
cvt01 please give me a link to where you got the delrin spool from please.
I've been trying to find one and can't.
Thanks.
-Stuff for sale-
CRT.5 - OS .12TZ (P) All reasonable offers Considered!
RCRacing.com.au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:28 AM   #2770
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRacing.com.au View Post
Thanks.
http://blogsperso.orange.fr/web/jsp/...?blogID=127906
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 AM   #2771
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRacing.com.au View Post
Thanks.
Nexus Racing and Stormer Hobbies have them in stock.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:18 AM   #2772
Gravity RC

I have tested alot of spools and it is hard to say why but some accually work differently, i like the Plastic xray spool that uses the spring steel out drives. x ray has had a lot of different spools and the new one i think is the best.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #2773
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to canto54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
I have tested alot of spools and it is hard to say why but some accually work differently, i like the Plastic xray spool that uses the spring steel out drives. x ray has had a lot of different spools and the new one i think is the best.
yes I think it depends of the material used to make it. With the use of delrin, I found the car is more comfortable to drive and more consistant.
That's why with Patrick from JP, we have tried so many different delrin and different combination to find the best compromise between performance and durability.
You should ask him one to try Paul, I'm sure you won't be disapointed!!
canto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #2774
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Korey - I was looking at your latest SIR setup on the Xray sight. What's the reason for spacing out the rear part of the front track width to 2.65???
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #2775
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Korey - I was looking at your latest SIR setup on the Xray sight. What's the reason for spacing out the rear part of the front track width to 2.65???
Forward arm sweep. It gives more steering on entry to the middle of the corner. Helps make a car with a spool turn in a little harder on a tight track.

-Korey