R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #2671
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm reading T2 setup reference card and there is something very very confuse me.

The under-steering corner-exit on-throttle, decreasing rear downstop (more rear uptravel) is mark as 8 (the first move to take). But when you have on-throttle, why the downstop on rear would effect steering, since rear suspension is compressed already?

In reality I found if I got under-steering corner-exit on-throttle, increase front downstop (less front uptravel) is quick fix (also, anti-squat helps). So why the setup reference card telling I should decreasing rear downstop?? Make more uptravel on rear so during transfer from mid-corner on-throttle to corner-exit on-throttle, weight take longer to transfer to rear? Or simply having more rear upgravel equal to less weight transfer to rear?
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #2672
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso View Post
.... is mark as 8 (the first move to take).....
Marked 8 means LATEST move to make. More downstop in front is the correct 'quick fix'.
Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #2673
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep View Post
Marked 8 means LATEST move to make. More downstop in front is the correct 'quick fix'.
Now I get it..... HA.....
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #2674
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to makytc4

couple quick questions.
i see a lot of people strated running the steering post forward and the arms in the forward postion in the hub. how does this effect handling

also

seen people raising the camber links on the inner and outer bascially lifting the whole link up by few mm what would this do.

thanks a lot
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #2675
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm running on a med/low bite asphalt track and have a question. I've raced several times this year with my US '007's and have been satisfied with the car. Would the car handle even better should I purchase the optional 2.0 mm top plate. I was thinking of getting it but was concerned if I'd really notice a difference. Thanks!
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #2676
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I'm running on a med/low bite asphalt track and have a question. I've raced several times this year with my US '007's and have been satisfied with the car. Would the car handle even better should I purchase the optional 2.0 mm top plate. I was thinking of getting it but was concerned if I'd really notice a difference. Thanks!
I've been running my carpet spec 007 with rubber tires on medium grip carpet and asphalt with success as well. However, this past weekend I ran the new 2.0mm top deck while running rubber tires on an asphalt track that started off with medium grip and ended with HIGH grip in the mains (track was treated and temped at 130F+). I definitely noticed a difference with the 2.0mm deck while running 19t and a 7x1. The car was easier to drive and allowed me to try pretty radical setup changes that worked to free up the rear end without upsetting the cars balance too much. My lap times were more consistent than they ever have been racing rubber tires with the US spec chassis.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #2677
Tech Regular

TeamGP-
Thanks for your opinion. I too am running 19t and would like to use it on that car. My other car is for stock and I might just keep it ready for carpet and deal with set up. I really don't want to spend the money on two 2.0mm top decks but I will if I have to.
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #2678
Tech Master

Hey Guys, I need some setup help. Right now I have the basic rubber tire setup on my 007 EU. It feels like the car is wandering, and is difficult to keep in a straight line. Also the rear end is loose, I am running a Solid one way, I had the multidiff set to spool but I was loosing alot of speed throught the infield of our track which is really tight. I have the Camber set at 1.5, the front toe out is at 1, and rear toe in is 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:32 PM   #2679
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

B,
for the loose rear of the car have you tried taken some screws out of the top deck and bulkheads on the underside of the chasis
experiment with more of less screws taken out
Chris08527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #2680
Tech Master

Oh I almost forgot, I am running the 2mm topdeck, I will try playing with those screws thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #2681
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Big B,

Try taking out some front toe out. Some people use toe out because it usually helps turn in into a corner but it can also cause wandering on a straight line. You might even gain more steering on exit with less toe in. If its really tight like 1/12th scale tight, try a diff in front.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:58 PM   #2682
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Hey Guys, I need some setup help. Right now I have the basic rubber tire setup on my 007 EU. It feels like the car is wandering, and is difficult to keep in a straight line. Also the rear end is loose, I am running a Solid one way, I had the multidiff set to spool but I was loosing alot of speed throught the infield of our track which is really tight. I have the Camber set at 1.5, the front toe out is at 1, and rear toe in is 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated
How much caster are you running? Ackerman? Even droop and tire setup? When you mean basic rubber tire setup you mean the kit setup correct? I'll be down at SIR this weekend nailing down a good solid starter setup. I'll make sure to pass it along to you bud.

-Korey
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #2683
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
How much caster are you running? Ackerman? Even droop and tire setup? When you mean basic rubber tire setup you mean the kit setup correct? I'll be down at SIR this weekend nailing down a good solid starter setup. I'll make sure to pass it along to you bud.

-Korey
From Japan 3 degree C Hub
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T2'007-other-01.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:58 AM   #2684
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
hi big b

here in sydney i run on rubber all year on concete surface with very low grip level nite time racing as well so in winter the grip level decreases even more
its not a large track usually has 1 straight & the rest is technical,i run my 007 as per kit set up but have 0 front toe,1deg front camber,1.5 rear camber & run the softest chassis setting we also use 1 ways over here,apart from these changes the rest is per kit set up hope this helps or gives you some ideas & good luck

graham
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #2685
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post

-Korey
Thanks Korey. Yeah I am just running the setup out of the book and on the setup sheet it comes with. I dont remember the Ackerman, Caster and Droop, but I have been running Sorex 36r premounts and saucing them with Paragon FXII, then heating them to 115F with my CTXW. See ya this weekend, you can't miss my pit it the purple one