R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #2476
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I finally finished my T2 007 Euro, and I was going to race GT3 (silvercan) this weekend at the Race for Grace, but it dosent seem to fit. Does someone know how to get a 540 silvercan in there without taking a dremel to the car.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #2477
Tech Apprentice

I just orded an xray T2007
EU spec.

hopfully it arives next week

(BAD english, i know )
Old 05-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #2478
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Steve!
TMcKinney711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #2479
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hey guys,
We found out that Integy's 'Small Round-Head Pliers' fit that pesky c-clip in the Xray diff perfectly !

XRAY T2 and T2'007 Tips & Tricks from Nexus Racing

Old 05-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #2480
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

big b, someone on the teamxray forum showed how he did it. I think it involved a round, thick, flat spacer and the pinion right on the very end of the shaft.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #2481
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
big b, someone on the teamxray forum showed how he did it. I think it involved a round, thick, flat spacer and the pinion right on the very end of the shaft.
Thanks I will check it out, and if I cant figure it out I will just run Stock
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:29 AM   #2482
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 540 fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B
I finally finished my T2 007 Euro, and I was going to race GT3 (silvercan) this weekend at the Race for Grace, but it dosent seem to fit. Does someone know how to get a 540 silvercan in there without taking a dremel to the car.
hi big b
when i first got my 007 i spent about 20 hours trying to figure out why whenever u tightened up the motor (540) to give the correct gear mesh the drive train went very tight
the only solution that i could come up with was this & yes unfortunatly it does require a dremel
take a small amount out of the underside of the top deck directky above where the end of the can sticks out(the pinion end it is larger than a stock in diameter)
take a small amount out of the bulkhead aprox 1.5 mmtowards the bottom & front of the bulkhead
all this being done in small amounts at a time,check, bit more, check untill i had achieved what i wanted (i thought)
next prob was the pionion grub screw still only just fitted onto the very end of the motor arm sharft & i was restricted to only 3 pinion sizes even after going down to a 81 tooth spur gear (not a great rollout span at all)
after some more thought i came up with
dremel some more out of the bulkhead from the front this time & elongate the motor screw holes towards the front of the bulkhead
dremel out the top deck between the spur gear & bulkhead (approx 2mm) & get hold of a motor spacer/heatsink to space the motor away from the bulkhead thus alowing the pinion to now go on the right way & now i have a choice of 6 pinion sizes.ive been running the car on a weekly basis now for 3 mths & havent had a problem with any part that has had the mod done
hope this helps you out
Old 05-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #2483
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondakid
any idea what good does tha alu rear uprights, steering arms and C-hubs does to the driving?
IMO using alum steering arms and C - hub could slightly reduce flexing those parts when doing cornering. ..
Old 05-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #2484
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

Which spring set (XRAY or otherwise) is most useful for stock asphalt rubber? I have the following AE springs:

Blue 17.0 lbs/in
Gold 19.5 lbs/in
Silver 14.4 lbs/in

I also have the stock XRAY progressive gold and silver springs.

I don't know if these will allow for enough adjustment or if I need to buy a different set or add a few springs to my current set. I realize setup involves many variables but any help to get me rolling would be great.

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #2485
Tech Regular

I ran yesterday and had good results with the following springs. I used Yellow Rear & Blue-Green Fronts. The car felt dialed. I'm running the USA version of the '007 and I think I'm gonna get the "new" top deck and see how that runs.
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #2486
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dave, thanks for the report. I, too, will be running a US edition on asphalt/rubber. I'm modifying the front diff into a spool, and looking at buying a couple sets of springs and considering buying antiroll bars. From looking at setups on teamxray, it looks like the yellow and bluegreen are very common fronts, with white being a common rear. So really, I only need to buy two sets of springs to have a popular selection. Which is good, considering the outrageous price of the antiroll bars.

The 2mm upper deck is an interesting option at $38, compared to $100 or more BMI or XRAY asphalt full chassis.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #2487
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5

im still debating if i should get this kit EU edition or the new schumacher mi3... i know this is an xray thread, but id like to get insights on the pros n cons
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #2488
Tech Apprentice

Default speed

PLEASE HELP

I raced the weekend with my t2007,the car has no corner speed and would like to know how to get some?????????
My mates hpi has so much more it makes mine a joke through the corners.
I have the eu007 kit set up with new 2mm top deck, screws in or out dont seem to help and i went 2 springs harder allround and the car lost all grip.
I,am on the same tyres which are sorex 36 and had a spool in and then run the oneway and still no more corners speed.
any advise would be great.
thank unhappydriver
ghost rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #2489
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHckbOY5
im still debating if i should get this kit EU edition or the new schumacher mi3... i know this is an xray thread, but id like to get insights on the pros n cons
I don't know about you but for me the outstanding online support xray has is a big pro. I mean the set-up sheets their racing team provides after every big race is priceless. To be honest I do not know where to get a good set-up for a Schumacher. I'm not talking about a good starting point. I'm talking about "race tested by 5 A-main guys" setups. Xray's team is one of the biggest out there and they work as a team when testing stuff...
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #2490
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost rider
PLEASE HELP...any advise would be great....
I suggest you register at the Xray website and post your setup (in the on-line setup section) there and then open a thread there with a description of your wishes and a link to your setup. I'm sure you get the support there that you want.

And i'm sure after following up the advise you will be happy again.